Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 22:39

My Ideas of Trading Posts

I have heard of trading posts in the past, before i submitted my application. Here's what i think of Trading posts in DayZRP:

The Idea of Currency:

Currency in RP servers should never mount to gold, silver, or copper. It is not a likely currency that would deem realistic.

A type of currency that appeals to ME: Scrap Metal, Scrap electronics, wood. These items in the US (I don't know about other countries) are sold to gain money. The items are melted down (except wood) to make various things.

You could trade like 5 scrap metal to gain ammo for low end weapons

10 scrap metal to gain medium grade weapon ammo

15 scrap metal for high end weapon ammo

5 scrap electronics for low end car parts

10 scrap electronics for high end car parts

I am still thinking about how wood would be traded.

THEN you could sell car parts to traders for weapons.

NOTE: Just a random thought in my head that i thought i should share.

And also perhaps give way for other ideas of trading.

I don't see this working with scrap metal, A single piece of scrap metal takes up 3 spaces so you would need to bring cars loaded with those, The scrap electronics are okayyish but it does not make too much RP sense

True, never really thought of that. I could perhaps lower the trade rate

• Emerald

I think the meaning of currency is something that has value. If you're talking about trading with AI, this could be a feasible currency (but I don't want this to become epoch). However no player is going to give you precious ammunition for worthless scrap. It may have value in the US, but I don't think it does in post apocalyptic chernarus. Also, there is the size issue which further lowers this item's value.

I didn't think there was any currency implemented?

Or any plans to implement one?

We had Epoch but that was different completely.

This is an idea to add in a type of way to trade items easier instead of figuring a value of multiple items. Much easier on the brain for me at least :D

PS: This is what i HEARD before. That's why i had this idea.

I think the meaning of currency is something that has value. If you're talking about trading with AI, this could be a feasible currency (but I don't want this to become epoch). However no player is going to give you precious ammunition for worthless scrap. It may have value in the US, but I don't think it does in post apocalyptic chernarus. Also, there is the size issue which further lowers this item's value.

This brings me to a new idea of crafting, but i need to think further :D

• Emerald

Currency in DayZ just doesnt/wont work, you can just spend a while farming the currency, therefore you spend an hour farming the currency you will have enough to buy the best item available, easy as hell. Its a cool concept but I dont think it will work with how DayZ looting works.

Its best just to keep it as simple trading, a gun for food and drink for example.

Currency in DayZ just doesnt/wont work, you can just spend a while farming the currency, therefore you spend an hour farming the currency you will have enough to buy the best item available, easy as hell. Its a cool concept but I dont think it will work with how DayZ looting works.

Its best just to keep it as simple trading, a gun for food and drink for example.

Thats the beauty of it, spending time in chernarus finding resources to trade to other players (Or AI) then if the players gets the "currency" they can craft something useful(Ideas, Ideas everywhere)

• MVP

Drinks and food!

That's the best currency!

Also weapon magazines!

• MVP

I brought up a similar currency suggestion using an epoch-type currency in the staff forums a while ago, but unfortunetly it was turned down. Its a shame, because it could revitalize trade and trade RP in so many ways. Imagine the CTC holding trade auctions. I had so many ideas in mind. :(

As for scrap metal, what others said, its unfeasible as a trade currency unfortunetly. The only items you could really use would be items that stack, and that applies to precious few items. Bullets could work, but since you cant remove or add them properly, it doesnt work that well.

I brought up a similar currency suggestion using an epoch-type currency in the staff forums a while ago, but unfortunetly it was turned down. Its a shame, because it could revitalize trade and trade RP in so many ways. Imagine the CTC holding trade auctions. I had so many ideas in mind. :(

As for scrap metal, what others said, its unfeasible as a trade currency unfortunetly. The only items you could really use would be items that stack, and that applies to precious few items. Bullets could work, but since you cant remove or add them properly, it doesnt work that well.

Fair enough, i just thought that bringing in this idea would bring other ideas to the table for people to suggest.

I would more think of items wich have a high value ingame and are not so common(well, more or less).

I could think of antibiotics, water canteens or ammunition.

By ammunition it could maybe be rare ones like the svd mags or also stanag mags, as they are more common.

I also liked the idea wich the 501st had in the beginnings of altar with crossbow bolts as currency but since we can craft them now, that wouldn't work.

Even as it was a good idea because you could stock the bolts in quivers.