Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 02:59

Helicopters, and how to improve my skill in flying them to improve my characters RP?

I want to make a characters whose pre-outbreak job was a Traffic Reporter, but OOC my pilot skills are terrible in Arma 2, and it would not make sense for someone to get the licence to pilot a helicopter, and be as bad a pilot as I am, so does anyone have any tips on flying, or any tips on improving my pilot skills?

• MVP

Play on the Arma 2 helicopter tutorial,then go to Armory and practice more. This is just to get your basics and managed to go from point A to B and land pretty fast.

If you search on Google, you can find Arma 2 training missions for flying.

Type something like, Arma 2 flying missions.

There are actually some flying missions on the campaign of OA.

• Legend

As said above you can do training missions or just play around in the editor.

Question is if your character was a traffic reporter would he know how to fly a helicopter?

Its just the actual reporter's don't fly they look out. :P

Marking as solved but leaving it open for discussion.

As said above you can do training missions or just play around in the editor.

Question is if your character was a traffic reporter would he know how to fly a helicopter?

Its just the actual reporter's don't fly they look out. :P

Marking as solved but leaving it open for discussion.

Traffic reporters can also be the pilot, it depends on the available employees. For example 9News in Colorado (Not to be confused with Nine News in Australia) Up until recently there traffic reporter was Amelia Earhart (Not to be confused with the famous female pilot by the same name)who was also her own pilot. But in general, traffic reporters don't HAVE to know how to fly.

Also thanks to everyone for there answer, its appreciated.

I want to make a characters whose pre-outbreak job was a Traffic Reporter, but OOC my pilot skills are terrible in Arma 2, and it would not make sense for someone to get the licence to pilot a helicopter, without being able to land a single engine prop plane, let alone crash land a helicopter without an engine, (To get your helicopter licence you need to be to pilot a single engine plane and I think also a dual engined prop plane and to be able to crash land without an engine, or at least that's the case in AUS), so does anyone have any tips on flying, or any tips on improving my pilot skills?

You don't need to be able to fly any type of plane to obtain a helicopter pilots license and the act of crash landing a helicopter when it's main engine has failed (Autorotation) is taught as part of private pilots license. For tips check out Dslyecxi's 'Art of Flight' videos on Youtube.

What i did, i just played around with this mission alot. there is no mission so you can just fly around. you will learn to fly pretty fast when you give it some time and you dont need training missions for that (if you dont know basics, go through some flying training missions from arma2 OA.)

here is the mission file: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=20252 and you can do mutch more with this.

I want to make a characters whose pre-outbreak job was a Traffic Reporter, but OOC my pilot skills are terrible in Arma 2, and it would not make sense for someone to get the licence to pilot a helicopter, without being able to land a single engine prop plane, let alone crash land a helicopter without an engine, (To get your helicopter licence you need to be to pilot a single engine plane and I think also a dual engined prop plane and to be able to crash land without an engine, or at least that's the case in AUS), so does anyone have any tips on flying, or any tips on improving my pilot skills?

You don't need to be able to fly any type of plane to obtain a helicopter pilots license and the act of crash landing a helicopter when it's main engine has failed (Autorotation) is taught as part of private pilots license. For tips check out Dslyecxi's 'Art of Flight' videos on Youtube.

Thanks for telling me, I edited the original post.

• Emerald

Take Winged Ninjas offering. He is a brilliant pilot.