Server time (UTC): 2022-05-26 07:08

Archived?

Niclas

Give me a few minutes and I'll try and find out why it was moved to archive.

Was the group idea inactive?

No

Hmm, like I said, they probably thought it was because you hadn't posted in so long.

• Emerald

Give me a few minutes and I'll try and find out why it was moved to archive.

Was the group idea inactive?

No

Hmm, like I said, they probably thought it was because you hadn't posted in so long.

It used to be an approved clan, I think after he lost members it went back to ideas and he closed recruitment and had not posted for awhile

The last post was almost a month and a half ago. This is probably why it had been archived as whoever archived it probably thought you/ the group was inactive.

So if people dont show interest and the thread isnt bumped, meaning that it goes far down the recent posts, then admins dont look at it and it gets archived? Not having a go at anyone but just wondering.

The last post was almost a month and a half ago. This is probably why it had been archived as whoever archived it probably thought you/ the group was inactive.

So if people dont show interest and the thread isnt bumped, meaning that it goes far down the recent posts, then admins dont look at it and it gets archived? Not having a go at anyone but just wondering.

It looks like that. In the same situation, I would probably do that as they had no way of knowing whether it was active or not. It may have been useful to comment on the thread to see if it was still active or not but maybe the person who archived it thought it was automatically inactive as no posts were made for such a long time.

It looks like that. In the same situation, I would probably do that as they had no way of knowing whether it was active or not. It may have been useful to comment on the thread to see if it was still active or not but maybe the person who archived it thought it was automatically inactive as no posts were made for such a long time.

So getting accepted is mainly down to the community? Because I think that if people in the community see an idea made by someone who they have seen a lot around the forums, then they will take the time to comment on that thread and gain popularity for the idea. However is someone who the community doesnt really know makes a thread, they may look at it but they will rarely reply to it and then even though it is a good idea it gets denied just because the owner isnt really all that known in the community. Personally I think that it is a bit unfair to have it like that, the thread should be assessed as whether it is a good idea or not and not just archive it if people havent replied to it. Sorry for the rant and in now way in this personal to anyone, just how I feel about it.

• Emerald

So getting accepted is mainly down to the community? Because I think that if people in the community see an idea made by someone who they have seen a lot around the forums, then they will take the time to comment on that thread and gain popularity for the idea. However is someone who the community doesnt really know makes a thread, they may look at it but they will rarely reply to it and then even though it is a good idea it gets denied just because the owner isnt really all that known in the community. Personally I think that it is a bit unfair to have it like that, the thread should be assessed as whether it is a good idea or not and not just archive it if people havent replied to it. Sorry for the rant and in now way in this personal to anyone, just how I feel about it.

JayDee his clan was approved, he lost member and closed recruitment. It is the clan leaders responsibility to make sure his clan/thread is active and that it meets all requirements to be an official clan.

JayDee his clan was approved, he lost member and closed recruitment. It is the clan leaders responsibility to make sure his clan/thread is active and that it meets all requirements to be an official clan.

But how can a clan owner make sure that thread is active? It requires more than one person in order for a thread to be active. For example, this thread right here, without your reply I wouldnt have said this and not kept the thread active. It is hard for the same person to post over and over again as the only person on the thread if no one replies to what they say or actually give criticisms or praise about the thread itself.

Also sorry for the confusion about the whole clan thread idea, I didnt realise it had already been accepted but I think that the points I made are still valid.

I was searching for new members In-game, opened recruitment a week ago. I think only because people don't reply on a clan thread it doesn't mean it's inactive because I was very active the last few weeks ingame searching for members. I just wasn't that active on the forums.

• Emerald

But how can a clan owner make sure that thread is active? It requires more than one person in order for a thread to be active. For example, this thread right here, without your reply I wouldnt have said this and not kept the thread active. It is hard for the same person to post over and over again as the only person on the thread if no one replies to what they say or actually give criticisms or praise about the thread itself.

Also sorry for the confusion about the whole clan thread idea, I didnt realise it had already been accepted but I think that the points I made are still valid.

How can the community reply to his thread if he is not actively promoting it?

how should I actively promote it except ingame what I have been doing the last weeks. Also the last two posts on the clan thread are already by me

edit: shit it didn't posted

How should I actively promote it except ingame what I have been doing the last few weeks. Also the last two post on the clan thread are already by me

• Emerald

how should I actively promote it except ingame what I have been doing the last weeks. Also the last two posts on the clan thread are already by me

How should I actively promote it except ingame what I have been doing the last few weeks. Also the last two post on the clan thread are already by me

Not in game on the forums, your last two post were a month ago, you can recruit ingame IC but OOC you need to do so on the forums aswell so people will know you actually have a clan thread

Not in game on the forums, your last two post were a month ago, you can recruit ingame IC but OOC you need to do so on the forums aswell so people will know you actually have a clan thread

Yeah but how should I do that I can't randomly post in the clan thread just so it moves up the list and I also can't go on random threads and say hey I have a clan.

You could have done anything on there really, other than spam.

something like this, Still recruiting in-game everyone! I hang out around Prud Lake so try and see if you can spot me.

Anything that would have made it seem as if you were more interested.

something like this, Still recruiting in-game everyone! I hang out around Prud Lake so try and see if you can spot me.

Thats actually a great idee. I will do that when me clan thread gets out of the archive.

• Emerald

Yeah but how should I do that I can't randomly post in the clan thread just so it moves up the list and I also can't go on random threads and say hey I have a clan.

First you can post in your "Now Recruiting" if its any updates you can post those in your thread there are a lot of things you can do. Did you read some rule where you cant bump you clan thread or something??

Thats actually a great idee. I will do that when me clan thread gets out of the archive.

have you PM'ed a staff member about re-opening it?

• Emerald

So, do you wish your clan put back into Ideas. If so just PM me.

Last posted a month and a half ago, I didn't move your thread but If I saw it, I probably would've done the same thing. There are many things you can do in your thread. Bumping is allowed as long as its done in moderation.

Well, that question is solved then I guess, but instead of opening a new thread again I would also like to know what would my clan thread more attractive because I see that people look at it and read it and all but I haven't got any one that wantesd to join