Height: 182 CM ~ 5,9ft.

Weight: 80.3 KG ~ 177 lbs

Pre-Outbreak Profession: Mechanic

Hair: Black

Eyes: Dark Brown

Demeanor in Three Words: Brutal, Loyal, Resentful

City_Elektrozavodsk_N.jpg?version=f2f0a1a29e416c55f4ec96def39d0be6

[align=right]Valentin's Background

Valentin came from a working class family and worked as a mechanic at a local garage in Elektrozavodsk. Life in the city was hard. Jobs were hard to find and the city wasn't exactly bringing in any new buisneses either. Those who had a job though, needed to go to work. Most of the time either by car or bike. Fortunately for Valentin, Chernarussians weren't known for buying expensive brands. Stuff broke relatively fast and often. This meant ofcourse more customers for Valentin. Unfortunately though, mobsters had a nose for places where money flowed steadily and regularly.

The funny thing was. He knew these men by name. Hell, they grew up in the same neighborhood as he did. Valentin knew that these were not the kind of people to mess around with. They had their ways to make you pay, whether you wanted to or not. With a mother and a father to take care of, Valentin had no other choice than to pay 'tax' in exchange for 'protection'. Terrible as this was already, things were only getting worse. News had been spreading around about an infection that roamed around the region. It turned people into rabid monsters.

It started off as rumors at first, but rumors soon became reality once It had found It's way onto Valentin's doorstep, just a few days after. It started off with the mobsters showing up again for their weekly payment. This time they asked for more, using the infection as a piss poor excuse to steal the remaining amount of money that the already poor mechanic still had left. Valentin decided to draw the line. The man had enough of the constant bullying and thievery that the mobsters were practicing on a daily basis. This response ofcourse didn't sit well with the mobsters.

Just moments later both Valentin and his parents had been forced to kneel down in the living room with pistols aimed at their heads. Valentin swore to god that If he was blessed with the oppertunity to take revenge on these men that dared to aim their fire arms at his parents, he would make sure to brutally murder them. It was just moments after that thought, and seconds before the men were about to execute both Valentin and his parents that he heard the front door burst open.

Blood covered men and women stormed into his house, attacking the mobsters. They lashed out, scratched and bit the thieves. The angels of death had showed up on Valentin's doorstep. His wish had came true. The men who were responsible for almost killing both him and his parents were being eaten alive. It felt like a blessing and for a few seconds, Valentin had found himself fighting alongside them. Taking revenge for all of the death threats and abuse that he had received over the years.

It was only until those monsters started to lash out at both him and his parents that he realised that this was in fact the disease that had been spreading around the region. Attempts to fight them off were tough and practically impossible without a weapon. Panic driven, both Valentin and his parents managed to make their way out of the house. What awaited them outside however was even worse. Chaos had spread throughout the city of Elektrozavodsk. People were desperately trying to flee the city. The disease had found It's way into the city and It was spreading like Wildfire, killing all those who were near.

In the oncoming days, Valentin lost both his mother and father to the disease. They had tried to run to the best of their abilities but old age wasn't allowing them to be as fast their son. "Don't ever give up Valentin! Fight!" was the last thing Valentin had heard his mother say before he heard both her and his father scream in agony. Being pulled away by other survivors made him unable to stop the rabid from tearing his parents bodies apart.

• MVP

I'm eagerly awaiting his untimely death.

In all seriousness, looking forward to the logs (and more of his background). Local characters are usually interesting. I must admit though I never got around to reading everything from your previous journal. I'll do that too.

By the way, why did you number the logs already? Why five specifically?

• Sapphire

Looking forward to this...

Visited your grave 3 times recently - as Segey of course.

• MVP

I'm eagerly awaiting his untimely death.

In all seriousness, looking forward to the logs (and more of his background). Local characters are usually interesting. I must admit though I never got around to reading everything from your previous journal. I'll do that too.

By the way, why did you number the logs already? Why five specifically?

Well basically, because i wanted to start off with at least 5. See how he's going to turn out and if he's going to be interesting enough for me to continue along with him. Depending on the results of that, I may or may not keep him alive.

I'm determined to put a whole lot more thought into this character than my previous one though, so I do have high hopes for this guy.

Really? out of pure curiosity: Why? Coinsidence?

• MVP

[align=right]Log 1. The Angels of Death

God has abandoned us all. The moment I decided to desire revenge was the moment that the angels of death barged through my front door, erasing my enemies. Still to this day I catch myself thinking that I'm somehow responsible for all of this. I felt pure evil flowing through my veins when I saw those scumbags aiming their weapons at my parents. Perhaps in that regard, I am no different from them.

The stench of rotten bodies had pushed me away from Elektrozavodsk. Since then I have been roaming around Chernarus. I have met more survivors and have been part of several groups. Time unfortunately perishes things even faster now than before the infection. I have seen countless people die around me. Where I found myself caring at first, my body now seems to have grown somewhat accustomed to losing things. People die, that's just how it is right now. That's how it has always been, even before all of this. The rules of when and where have just changed. A good year after Day one, I find myself standing at the edge of Elektrozavodsk once again.

I'm not quite ready to go in just yet.

• Sapphire

Really? out of pure curiosity: Why? Coinsidence?

I hang around with TWS :)

• Legend

I have been honnoring his grave for a while now.. Every once in a while i visit it for respect... While kallie i go everytime in near cherno...

Great read val! Now.. How to screw up this character?

• MVP

[align=right]Log 2. The Watchers

They call themselves The Watchers.

Apparently they're a ragtag buch of survivors who decided to pick up arms to fight against various bandit clans. The first time I met them was on the shore between my home town and Chernogorsk. I felt like a lost kitten, begging for some milk when I asked them for a drink. Moments later they dropped me off at the gas station and left me for dead. They didn't bother helping me. Apparently they were too busy with other things to even bother.

Humanity has always been a rare commodity around these parts. I didn't expect things to change after the infection. Chance brought me back with them the day after. I met a man who called himself Jack Bandit. An interesting name for a man. He sounded American. Names like that are probably normal there. My guesses are that he is probably a soldier who managed to stay alive. At Stary Sobor, he told me more about the Watchers.

I'm hesitant to be honest. I have already been in and lost two survivor groups since the infection. It might just be a matter of time before this one falls too. Still though, strength comes in numbers. It would be in my best interest to find a group that can keep themselves safe, but even more so, keep me safe. I decided to hold on to their patch that I had found in their car. Whether i decide to align with them or not will remain to be seen.

• MVP

[align=right]Log 3. R.R , 501st & The Imperial Dragons

I have met several groups today.

It seems that when you work alongside an armed group of survivors, you're bound to meet more. Yesterday i met the R.R & the 501st at the gas station near Prud lake. I haven't really had the chance to talk to most of them, though i do recall a friendly Chinese man with a red beret, and a man who was known as Ivan. It came as a surprise to me that we immediately found ourselves working alongside each other in a firefight.

I'm a simple man. A mechanic who has had the opportunity to fire his rifle just several times during this infection. Never at another human being though. During the fight, I found myself hiding behind the car like a coward. Eventually i snuck my way into the car and drove off like a mad man. I left a watcher behind whilst doing so. He told me to take the car away, so I did. I was scared and I decided to just drive off.

With the little fuel i had left, i managed to find my way back at the shore. I parked my car at the lighthouse near my hometown Elektrozavodsk. Here is where I met other watchers and another Oriental man. I believe he came from Japan. Hokkaido to be precise. He called himself Yasuo. The man had a surprisingly soothing voice for what appeared to be a soldier. He asked me and Jack Bandit for help. There was a higher ranked Imperial soldier at Skolisty island that needed a pick up. Without so much as hesitating, we got in and drove off to get his superior officer. Once arrived, I had the pleasure of meeting Masao Baba, or something along those lines.

The Imperials apparently came here to honor some kind of sacred tree on the island across from the lighthouse near Elektrozavodsk. Kotei Shima is the name that they used to describe the Island. These Japanese appear to be quite the poetic kind of people. One thing I do admire about Asian people is that a lot of them follow the code of respect.

I never thought I would end up finding that in the rubble of a place that was once known as Chernarus.

• MVP

Great story!

Enjoyed every part!

• MVP

[align=right]Log 4. Lost

I have no goal in life,

Before the infection my life was fairly simple. I woke up, ate breakfast with my parents, got dressed, went to work, came back home, ate dinner and went to bed. During the weekends me and my colleagues would play cards together. It was the same thing, week after week after week. Back then I thought I was just going to end up sitting my life out there. I had no intention of doing something more with my life.

Look where we are now. The world has gone to shit. That little bit I had has also been taken from me. Now I roam around Chernarus aimlessly. This is what it must feel like to have no goals in life. The last couple of days, I've been sitting on the hill outside of my hometown with a revolver on my lap. I never thought of myself to be that kind of person that would consider suicide, but at this point I am having trouble to see the point in all in this. Why am I still left? Why are my loved ones gone. Why was I chosen or cursed even to still be alive?

What purpose do I serve in this world still? I cannot go back to my job. There is no home to return to. There are no friends to play cards with anymore. It's just me. I did meet new people ever since the infection started but all of them seem to be too preoccupied with themselves to even worry about me, and I don't blame them at all. I hold no value. I'm not a person that could make an impact on someone else's life.

I'm the last person to express these feelings to someone else. I'd rather keep them to myself. The last thing I'd want is for people to think that I am some sort of drama queen. I am a man. I should be strong. I should act like I can handle all of this. At least that's what my parents taught me as a child. These feeling should be kept inside and to myself. This pen and these sheets of paper hold a secret now.

I guess this is what it feels like to have lost hope.

• Emerald

Love the read and the new character. I know more of this will come.

• MVP

Um cool log but you wrote that it's Log 3 on the post itself when in the top post Lost is Log 4 ;)

oh whoops, thats because i keep copy pasting the log template, haha!

Let me adjust it :)

• MVP

[align=right]Log 5. Fallen

Life sure has a funny way of changing around.

I became a cold blooded murderer last night. This all happened at the abandoned factory in Chernogorsk. On a regular scavenging run through the city, I managed to come across a group of survivors. They held up in the building, probably taking shelter from the rain. They had a little fire going on inside. I was able to listen in whilst they were resting up.

They talked about what they did before all of this. One was a teacher, one of them worked in a factory, and another one was a soldier that got separated from his unit. He was probably foreign, judging by his accent. There were also two women there. One said she was a former tennis player and the other appeared to be an optician.

After this they talked about a camp that they discovered on the other side of town. Apparently they were a bigger group with a bunch of supplies. Whilst going over the options, the men decided that it was best to raid the camp. To take their supplies in order to survive. The women at first were leaning more towards wanting to join the other group, but the group of men persuaded them. They told them that there was too much risk involved in exposing themselves to the other group. I could hear the hesitation at first but once they had set out a plan, they were determined the kill the others off.

So there I stood, outside in the rain. I had my rifle in my hand. It was a weapon that I had taken from one of the trucks back at the watcher camp. My decision was to either let this go, or to end it right here and now. At first I thought they were just driven to the point where they had to do what needed to be done in order to survive. But there were plenty of other options available. They could have scavenged more. They could have gone the other way.

They didn't though. They made a choice to go out to the other camp to kill the other survivors. This wasn't my fight. I didn't have to get involved with this. Why did I decide to do so anyway?

Without so much as a hesitation, I opened the door, walked in and mowed each and every one of them down. I could see the shock in their eyes as I raised my rifle at them. The men tried to gun me down first, but I had the advantage of catching them off guard. What remained were five lifeless bodies and a whole lot of blood.

It could have ended there. I could have walked out, but I didn't. I took whatever I could use and stashed it into my bag. I took away any form of identification. Passports, ID cards, Dog tags. Whatever I found, I placed them into my bag and brought it along with me.

I might plan to visit the other camp tomorrow. I might leave these ID cards there. I don't know yet. Maybe I should keep them instead, so that I will always be able to remind myself of the people I killed today.

• Emerald

That was a real thriller read.

• Titanium

Amazing. Holy crap!

• Legend

// did this happen IG? If so pm me the details. I need to meet val tonight and get some stuff clear with him. But great story again costa, great job.

• MVP

// did this happen IG? If so pm me the details. I need to meet val tonight and get some stuff clear with him. But great story again costa, great job.

Nah just giving my character more depth and background.

• MVP

I'd ask you where Valentin learned English so well, but then I considered that maybe this is more of a mixture between a story and a log. I don't know if that was your intention but that's how it reads and it reads quite nicely, especially the latest entry.

If you want to go for authenticity as in "this is actually what Valentin has written", then consider to worsen the grammar and spelling. I understand you can't write in Chernarussian/Czech but thinking about how Valentin would write can really help make it more authentic.

Maybe he's just really good at English. That's always a possibility of course.

[...]

I'm hesitant to be honest.

This I liked too, in log 2. You're talking about the Watchers and all of a sudden you say you're hesitant. You don't say about what, but one can only assume it's about joining them. However, the fact you don't explicitly mention that makes it all the better. After all, Valentin is writing this down for himself. He's not going to explicitly mention every detail. He knows what he's writing about, and for us, the readers, there's more than enough information to guess what exactly he's hesitant about.

If you reveal too much information you make the reader lazy. It's okay to make them use their brains at least a tiny bit. :P

• MVP

[align=right]Log 6. Shock & Disbelief.

I feel like I have made a grave mistake.

The survivors that I killed. Maybe I should have kept them alive. I managed to locate the other group that they mentioned. At first they seemed like just another survivor group. Something was off though. Whilst observing, I noticed a particular thing going on at the camp. They dragged a man out of one of their tents. He was bound and got forced to kneel down at their campfire. People started to surround the man. There was one particular figure who appeared to be the one in charge. He was wearing a long green coat and had pretty thick beard. A red bandana was strapped around his neck.

His presence seemed to bring fear into the others around. Everyone else had their heads lowered whilst he was speaking. I couldn't quite make up what he was saying but it seemed like he was sentencing the man to death. He pulled out his pistol and shot the guy right through the head. His begging and pleading wasn't making any impression on the guy whatsoever.

What happened next, shocked me. He ordered a few of his men to cut the guy into pieces. The shock of seeing that immediately got turned into disbelief. I took lives that shouldn't have been mine to take. Forgive me. Please, forgive me. I'm not sure if I will be able to carry this burden.

Maybe there is a way for me to make this right. Maybe I should take up arms to try and bring down the other camp too. I don't know. Should there be more blood shed? Mistakes have already been made. I was foolish for thinking that I was doing the right thing. I'm near them right now. I'm afraid, but guilt is making me stay. There needs to be a way for me to make this right.

• MVP

I'd ask you where Valentin learned English so well, but then I considered that maybe this is more of a mixture between a story and a log. I don't know if that was your intention but that's how it reads and it reads quite nicely, especially the latest entry.

If you want to go for authenticity as in "this is actually what Valentin has written", then consider to worsen the grammar and spelling. I understand you can't write in Chernarussian/Czech but thinking about how Valentin would write can really help make it more authentic.

Maybe he's just really good at English. That's always a possibility of course.

Well I always inmagined my logs to be like something you'd hear in games like for example Metro 2033. Basically it's all in Russian, but dubbed. [video=youtube]

to give you an example.