Server time: 2019-03-22, 03:01 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoobManReub

I don't know what fps I should get

Guest BoobManReub

Used to play ARMA as 9 fps. Horrible. Crashed so many beautiful blue vans.

Saved up lots, bought PC

Hoping to play it on 30+ fps

Maximum 22-24

96d6b8a1ba2830d7492473579fd03bb3.png

It appears to be rate, and I've trawled through hundreds of guides to fps upgrades. Currently on low-normal settings with anti-analysing and all those other ones turned off

Is this fps right or is there something I've missed

That picture should have all the information about my specs but if not do ask

Arma is very CPU heavy, and i think AMD processor are not so good optimized for this game. Do you have AMD or Intel processor?

I used to have a AMD and i got around 20 fps, but i switch to a Intel and now i have around 80.

Arma is very CPU heavy, and i think AMD processor are not so good optimized for this game. Do you have AMD or Intel processor?

I used to have a AMD and i got around 20 fps, but i switch to a Intel and now i have around 80.

He has AMD FX 6300, which I don't think has very good single-core speeds, which ArmA relies on really. Hence why Intel is preferred for ArmA games, as they have less cores, but each core is faster than each AMD core.

He has AMD FX 6300, which I don't think has very good single-core speeds, which ArmA relies on really. Hence why Intel is preferred for ArmA games, as they have less cores, but each core is faster than each AMD core.

Wow, i missed it when it clearly stood in blue text...

But anyway, yeah that's probably the reason.

Edit: Yay 100 posts!

When i see AMD

please-god-no.gif

I got lots of problems when using AMD hardware.

It works fine until you try to put it on heavy.

It will start to act weird, have no problems with Intel CPU's

And GPU's i of course use Nvidia because it is reliable.

Saved up lots, bought PC

Maximum 22-24

96d6b8a1ba2830d7492473579fd03bb3.png

It appears to be rate, and I've trawled through hundreds of guides to fps upgrades. Currently on low-normal settings with anti-analysing and all those other ones turned off

Tru to add -cpucount=X in your start parameters, X is the amount of cores you wish to use.

Do believe that ArmA supports up to 4 cores, test and see if any changes.

20 fps for that spec is REALLY LOW. like i have a little better than you and i have 60-70...smth is weird there

Guest BoobManReub

Saved up lots, bought PC

Maximum 22-24

-snip-

Tru to add -cpucount=X in your start parameters, X is the amount of cores you wish to use.

Do believe that ArmA supports up to 4 cores, test and see if any changes.

Done so, and it all looks great on SP, but I haven't been able to try it out online yet. I think that it's more so a problem to do with multiplayer, but I'll look into it more. Thanks

20 fps for that spec is REALLY LOW. like i have a little better than you and i have 60-70...smth is weird there

I only get that low when I'm on multiplayer, populations at around 30 maybe

When i see AMD

please-god-no.gif

I got lots of problems when using AMD hardware.

It works fine until you try to put it on heavy.

It will start to act weird, have no problems with Intel CPU's

And GPU's i of course use Nvidia because it is reliable.

So, I shouldn't use AMD

That build only cost me £350, which I was pretty happy with. I bought it pre-built though

Your system seems pretty good to me, but bad FPS can occur even if system is good.

Many parameters do affect the FPS rate.

Network, HDD, CPU ,GPU, Heat of system, server side, all this even in combination.

You got much testing and tweaking to do, to really pinpoint what setting is best for just that particular server/game of choice.

-Snip-

My specs are worse than yours and I stream the game at 20-35 FPS (With some resolution tweaks)

These are mine for comparison. When I'm not streaming. I get a constant 30-40 depending on the area and who is in it.

naH0SjS.png

I had this:

stats_zpsad6d1326.png

Overal okay performance (around 35/40 fps) but downright shitty in cities like cherno and elektro

Now i have this:

4f66fa347fcb855d40696b658066a63d.png

Great performance outside of town hitting 70+ fps at most points. Inside smaller towns i get 45/50 ish FPS.

Elektro and Cherno are still death traps though. I don't know what's causing it. At least now fps wise i'm higher than 26. I peak at around 34 now.

Fyi, I was just stating my specs because they are remarkably close to what the OP has. This isn't a place to post yours unless you too have VERY similar

Fyi, I was just stating my specs because they are remarkably close to what the OP has. This isn't a place to post yours unless you too have VERY similar

My post wasn't meant to brag about my system. It was more so to state that Intel overal has better performance than AMD does. I've noticed and experienced that first hand now. Still Arma is horribly optimized. It's be a miracle on it's own to get this game running smoothly at all. NOT TO MENTION the horror that is DayZ Standalone. Jezus christ. I had to turn EVERYTHING off to get it somewhat playable.

arma doesn't run great on most systems just tweak with the settings and find your balance. There are plenty of settings which don't make a large impact upon graphics quality yet when turned off help with fps. There are a million guides about improving your fps on the forums.

Guest BoobManReub

-Snip-

My specs are worse than yours and I stream the game at 20-35 FPS (With some resolution tweaks)

These are mine for comparison. When I'm not streaming. I get a constant 30-40 depending on the area and who is in it.

-snip-

Hmm. Those extra few frames that'll get me above 30 are in here somewhere. I'll have another search into the settings of Arma. I suppose I just need to mess around with them a little more, do some benchmarking and whatnot

Thanks

arma doesn't run great on most systems just tweak with the settings and find your balance. There are plenty of settings which don't make a large impact upon graphics quality yet when turned off help with fps. There are a million guides about improving your fps on the forums.

I've read most of those guides and arsed about with all the things they tell me to. Although it's probably within Arma I'm suspicious that it's something to do with the settings on my GPU or CPU