Server time (UTC): 2022-05-26 08:43

Increase Vehicle Spawn Condition

• Emerald

The current vehicles spawn with zero wheels and very poor condition. I understand the reasoning behind it. It requires a lot more in order to obtain and maintain a vehicle, a very significant asset in the zombie apocalypse.

However, I personally would like to see vehicle spawns that are easier to repair. Simply as a roleplayer, it's a bitch to be running around looking for roleplayed interaction. Vehicles just streamline the process and give people looking for roleplay a bit more convenience.

• Emerald

Ah, but if they were fighting for them then there'd be windows shot out and blood stains about. You wouldn't shoot the wheels out on a car you want to steal.

As much as I get what you mean, in that only the shittiest of the shittest vehicles would remain after years of zombie apocalypse, I think there's just some balances between realism and gameplay that need to be considered, and I'm merely suggesting that we should go more towards gameplay on this one.

• Emerald

I'm pretty sure vehicle spawns are being fixed in the next patch. Oh, that's tomorrow!

Yep, vehicles should spawn not as damage and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that all wheels would be on them too. But lets be honest, it's not even hard to fix the vehicles in RP.

If you wanna read about the new vehicle spawns head over to the changelog which I'm pretty sure can be found in the Annoucnements section of the forums. (I'd love to link you but I'm on phone with 6% battery).

• Emerald

I appreciate it, man. Good to hear. *crosses fingers*

I didn't see it in the announcements when I looked (briefly).

edit: Checked. I didn't see it being touched on in 1.3.3.1..... leel?

• Emerald

Vehicles are relatively easy to repair, much easier if there's a group of you to gather supplies.

• MVP

The current vehicles spawn with zero wheels and very poor condition. I understand the reasoning behind it. It requires a lot more in order to obtain and maintain a vehicle, a very significant asset in the zombie apocalypse.

However, I personally would like to see vehicle spawns that are easier to repair. Simply as a roleplayer, it's a bitch to be running around looking for roleplayed interaction. Vehicles just streamline the process and give people looking for roleplay a bit more convenience.

Vehicles SHOULD currently spawn mostly broken but with a wheel or two. Will look into it

Vehicles SHOULD currently spawn mostly broken but with a wheel or two. Will look into it

No... no they don't.

Guest Daddy Kropp

I don't personally mind having to gather the supplies to fix a vehicle. I only wish there were MORE vehicles, not like 1000+ or anything. Just a small increase.

well people say its easy to fix them... hmmm depends on who you are. Are you a 10 man group with tons of supplies and stashes, then it is easy yes. But we looted Elektro, Cherno, Solnichni and werent able to find 4 wheels.

Also, why is it more realistic. Would be realistic if there would be shittons of working cars, even if you cant use them because you have no key for it ^^

F.e. Offroader near pridorodki: Its a civilian car standing in its garage beside a house, why does it looks like it just survived 2 pipebombs ^^

Not that every car is burned out. But thats not RL so we cant run around an search for a key or try to breach in ^^

• Emerald

Maybe if they spawn with a tyre. This means you could actually fix stuff which has been there for weeks.

I wouldn't mind seeing vehicles being slightly easier to repair. There are currently some buses in the small towns that no one can be bothered to repair. I don't want it to be made easy, but having an mostly red vehicle and not much industrial areas in the vicinity is a pisstake :P

• MVP

I support this.

• Emerald

What I would love from vehicles would be to have a lot of vehicles on the server, so instead of roadblocks there would be broken vehicles, however the industrials would be really rare. I know this can't be done because of de-sync etc, but it would be awesome, However, I think vehicles need to be hard to repair. Vehicles dont need to be a necessity, but something rare.

I very much agree, less time should be spent fixing up a car, more time RPing. However if it's too easy RP will be reduced, as less cooperation will be required. Therefore there must be a balance. However, I think that the balance is a better condition than it is now.

Yeah. I would just like more ability to travel chernarus and meet my fellow survivors. personal preference of mine.

by the time i fix up a car i need to sign off again

I agree with this, happend with 5 cars for me now.

Everytime i need like 2-3 hours to fix one up and then i have maybe 1 hour or less to actually use it for rp.

• MVP

Added to hotfix tomorrow.

Vehicles spawn broken but not fully red like currently

• Emerald

I wouldn't say the cars need to be in better condition, I'd say there should just be a few more available. Whenever I go out looting I always can find car parts around, although that could just be luck. Also it has been almost 3 years of zombie apocalypse so the cars that have been sitting there for that long would have been facing environmental exposure and any other deteriorating forces so it makes sense that they wouldn't be in pristine condition. My solution would be just add some more vehicle spawns!