Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 22:27

Removing KoS rights if all hostilities have been undone

I had a hard time describing this so the title may be misleading. As there have been quite allot of incidents in the last few days where robbers return all gear and apologize, yet people still abuse this as a way to get KoS rights on them for the cause of killing them, if for gear or fun i don't know.

Should there be a rule regarding to incidents like this?

• Sapphire

I don't think there should be a rule, as former robbers it's your own fault for running a risk by meeting up with a group of people that have KoS rights on you.

• Emerald

There is a rule called roleplay over ruleplay since every situation is unique.

Nope.

If people want to grants KOS rights on themselves for others and then give them back a gun, that's their own fault and stupidity really.

I understand certain situations that it can be somewhat abused, alike your report, but still it shouldn't be added.

Anyway, if it was a situation that was deemed that bad, the opposing party could always be punished for badRP.

• Sapphire

Why rob someone and then give their gear back?

Guest ArcticStarling

Seeing what happened to RR a few days ago with the JBG thing I would support this, but it would be extremely hard to implement

• Emerald

I think it should because in situations like the video that RoryShockedFace posted, the clearly didn't have to kill those guys, that situation had great roleplay potential and it was ruined with ruleplay...

• Emerald

oh my god are you still going on about that?

back in SVR people did this all the time to us and they never complained when we put a bullet between their eyes. why? because they knew they were the ones stupid enough to rob one of us.

consequences, deal with them.

b7e.gif

• Emerald

Robbing someone would mean taking their items, but if someone disarms you thinking you were someone else, but apologizes after realizing their mistake, why use kos rights...just because its in the rules?

oh my god are you still going on about that?

back in SVR people did this all the time to us and they never complained when we put a bullet between their eyes. why? because they knew they were the ones stupid enough to rob one of us.

consequences, deal with them.

b7e.gif

Nope, nothing to do with JBG by any way

• Sapphire

Robbing someone would mean taking their items, but if someone disarms you thinking you were someone else, but apologizes after realizing their mistake, why use kos rights...just because its in the rules?

This is pretty much the only logical use of this suggested rule, and it pretty much falls into 'ruleplay over roleplay' anyway.

• Emerald

This is pretty much the only logical use of this suggested rule, and it pretty much falls into 'ruleplay over roleplay' anyway.

Exactly

• Emerald

then you should identify the target by asking for his name?

Guest John Le Bear

If you are prepared to disarm someone you should also be prepared to deal with the circumstances.

No matter what the situation is if you disarm someone and return their gear, the trust is still gone and expect your victim to retaliate at any moment.

Add a poll so I can vote no?

• Emerald

I still say its ruleplay over roleplay. If I was in the situation and someone disarmed me and were like "Oh sorry buddy I thought you were someone else, here is your stuff back" I wouldn't turn and kill him after he gave me my things back, that would be an asshole move, I would RP and something along the lines of "Its cool man, never can be too safe" but a lot of people just get too happy when they find out the have kos on someone and a chance to get that person gear or a cheap kill...my opinion of course

Any robber with any sense would not give gear back. A couple of guys robbed me a couple of days ago and gave me my gear back, which I immediately used to pull together a group to kill them. My reason for it is Kasumi was pissed and wanted revenge for wasting her time.

The problem: they gave me gear and a radio which means I could call in a couple of people and regroup with friends already going after them. Giving people a chance is a nice thing to do,but if you granted KOS rights to someone its your own problem.

• Emerald

Any robber with any sense would not give gear back. A couple of guys robbed me a couple of days ago and gave me my gear back, which I immediately used to pull together a group to kill them. My reason for it is Kasumi was pissed and wanted revenge for wasting her time.

The problem: they gave me gear and a radio which means I could call in a couple of people and regroup with friends already going after them. Giving people a chance is a nice thing to do,but if you granted KOS rights to someone its your own problem.

Why is it that everyone considers anyone disarming them a "robber"...thats not always the case, looking at it from a roleplay perspective, some people may be scared and disarm you for their own safety and after seeing you are trust-able they give you your stuff back, which is why I say people just get happy when they get kos rights and have a chance to kill someone, even when they are supposed heroes...

• Sapphire

+1 Would love to see this happen

Text.

I'm going off personal experience, and in all my time on DayZRP I have only been robbed for my gear. There has been plenty of excuses but I only get robbed when I have high grade stuff.