Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:26

The Carnival

Murdercool

• Sapphire

MZCx0Es.png

carnivals_zps6708f56e.png

*You find a binder full of different hand written accounts and stories, it is titled 'The Carnival' it is worn and bloody in places*

5TpVmDp.png

The Carnival, It's always been apart of me. As a young child I was brought up by the Carnival. I used to live in Kirovograd, I can't. Not anymore. They told me I was just left there, as a baby. Abandoned! The Carnival is my, only family. I never knew my real name, people just called me 'Cleaver'. Even before I grew up, we traveled all around South Zagoria! It wasn't till I was about Nine. That they had me chopping wood for the camp fires at night. Nikolai, the uni-cyclist, he took good care of me. He treat me like I was his son. He gave me Muriel!

You ask whose Muriel? She's my favourite Axe! I was never a happy child. I remember the days where I would.. Cage rabbits and decapitate them. I never had friends my age, I had my other friends! Like, The Clown and The Magician! Always entertained me. Nikolai wanted me to join the linage, I used to love.. Axes..

I threw them, at trees, cans and even rabbits! I was Good.. It must have been when I reached my twenty fourth or fifth birthday, a women named.. Klara came and joined us! She was.. Beautiful! I think I.. Loved her.. She.. Trusted me, I would throw axes around her, making sure they wouldn't hit her of course! We soon found our place in the Carnival! Nikolai helped me get the hang of things performing. Muriel, never become, jealous no of course. Not..

I never threw Muriel. She was too good to be thrown, Klara also. Meant a lot to me! Muriel, She was like my.. Mother! I had met so many people! I struggled talking to some, Klara knew English, she taught me the basics. It must have been when I was twenty nine? We had just Returned to Kirovograd, from Novigrad! I had been invited out to a local bar near to our Carnival camp. It was..

When I arrived home.. Klara.. She.. Was sleeping with another man! in our caravan! I didn't even know him! I didn't mean to hurt her! It was all a mistake! I can't return! Ever to Kirovograd! It wasn't me who killed them. It was Muriel. She did it because she didn't want to see me hurt.

I.. We had to bury Klara and this filth of a man. It was dark, I managed to dig a grave behind my caravan. No one saw us. I knew we wouldn't return to this country, ever again. I told the Ringmaster what happened we were good friends, I had done favors before for him he didn't like it that we couldn't come back again. We agreed never to return to Kirovograd. We left for Chernarus that morning.

pKlOf2D.png

Attending his funeral today was frightening. It might have been the constant muffled whispers I heard in my head or the worry of someone noticing the dirt on my hands.

Week Later

In a dark abandoned Metro

"You stupid bastard!" She cried as I tied her to the rails, "don't you know this line has been abandoned for years!" "Of course I know", I said, walking away, "no one comes here at all."

I still had some digging to do since I needed to pay my rent in an upcoming week. Hopefully I could find a family tonight. I wouldn't have to dig for at least 1 month if I did so..

Sadly all I found was an old lady with a fake Rolex strapped so tight to her wrist that I had to use a saw, I got couple of bucks for it.

3 days later

Me and my daughter were planning to see a "Carnival" this weekend. They had a tour and somehow they stumbled upon our city *Mumbles city name*

Bunch of clowns and new age Houdinis if you ask me. I enjoyed the performance and so did my daughter.

I wondered how much they made per performance so I asked them while they were getting ready to leave.

The number was so high that I could just abandon everything and go with them!

I asked them if I could somehow join their group and guess what?! They said yes, I was surprised myself because I didn't have to write any sort of contracts or agreements. One of them was called "Cleaver" seemed like a nice guy to talk to about the business. They told me they will be leaving next morning.

I had to tell my daughter that daddy needs to leave for a very long time and that I will hire someone to look out for her, she was very sad.

Later that night

My daughter won't stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. So I visited her grave and asked her to stop, but it doesn't help.

L98mPeL.png

I can't really remember the days when I wasn't with the carnival. Those were the dark days. The bad days. I was put into the orphanage at the age of nine. When I went back there once, they told me that I had run away. Told me that I was nasty to the other children. I could tell that I wasn't missed.

The names Bruno, Bruno Marrel. I'm a big fella, that's why. I must have thrown my weight around, bullying the other children. The people at the orphanage told me that I ran away because the other kids started to fight back. They hurt me. I deserved it I guess. After I ran away, it wasn't long before I found the carnival. They took me in.. For my talents. For being quite big.

With age I guess I grew, I didn't do much work around the carnival till I was sixteen. I knew I had potential. So I started to build my shape up. I started to becoming stronger. Before I knew it I was the strongest man at the carnival! I could lift.. Pretty much anything! The ringmaster saw the chance to score some cash from this, he first got me to lift some heavy barrels as a show. I had never been apart of the stands till that day.

I enjoyed what I did. It was great! I trained, and trained! I didn't stop training! I got to the point where I would lift 4 women on a big bench. I guess I was known as the strong man of the carnival, I was known as Buster. That's how I survived. My strength, I managed to keep the dead away.

I watched, as the dead tore through our carnival camp.. It was that Cleaver guys fault! If it wasn't for him we would have still been in Kirovograd! I watched so many people get ripped apart. The thing is though I was scared of these things. I'm not the bravest of people, I can handle myself now I guess..

M8SpPHc.png

Hello my name is Radek Alosis I first joined the Omandos when I was 21 years old. I didn't know what to do with my life when I lived in Novigrad. I used to get into all sorts of mischief as a teenager. Usually the mischief didn't make things easy for me. I tried settling down and getting a job but it didn't seem possible in Novigrad. I had joined a gang of wrong people, these people hurt other people. It made me a target for other gangs.

One night we went out a big group of our gang, we thought about targeting a local jewelers. We did it.. I really wish I could go back in time and prevent that from happening. We got in there easily, thing is we didn't think about security. We were still a bunch of stupid kids.. We were not developed as much as we should have been. It wasn't long till I could hear the sirens, I buckled. I didn't want to spend my life in a jail cell. I made a break for it out the door and I ran as fast as I could down the street!

I just kept running and running till I reached a large field. The field was full of tents and flashing lights. At the entrance of the field was a gate where a large amount of people were flooding in. It was obvious that I could hide among the crowd so I made my way into the crowd. I kept thinking how the camera could identify me, how I was stupid enough not to conceal myself. I looked at the sign at the front 'The Omandos Carnival' it struck me. I could escape with the Carnival, I didn't have many talents but my father was a butcher. My father did teach me the trade, I knew I could be of some use to the Carnival. So I watched the Carnival and waited till the end.

I was quickly accepted into the Omandos family. They treat me like I was one of them instantly. I had felt more at home there than with my parents in a heartbeat. When the apocalypse started, and we started to lose people. People I knew, people I spent time most of my life with. It was.. Emotional to start with. I knew I had to carry on, I couldn't take my life like some others.. Cleaver does make a good leader, he wants the best for the Omandos.

hSEMWR8.png

Fire has always been great to me. I always liked to play with fire. As a kid I liked the way that it swallowed things and cleansed them. Washing with water never cleansed the way that fire cleanses things. If you want something wiped and forgotten then fire is your answer. It's ironic how I got here.. It really is. My father being a fireman and all, you would think I would have stayed away. Just how can you stay away from its whirling embers..

I'm Jakora, Jakora Bula. I was born in Primorsk. I can safely say I had a better life than most of the Carnies. I came here because of passion unlike most people. The Omandos accepted people that have talents like me and we got paid for it. There was a lot of traveling involved but I never minded a change of scenery now and again. I got on with nearly everyone in the Omandos, apart from Bojo the Clown. There was something about him, particularly strange for a Clown. Anyway I'm going off topic I was a fire juggler.

I first came across the Omandos when they were passing through Primorsk. I was working under my fathers wing as a firefighter. I know it's strange for a man that loves fire to be putting out fire but I had my spare time to do all those restricted things. As a firefighter I was very close to fire, I could feel its heat on me. It was great but I just didn't like putting it out. I would just stare at it, motionless. My father once pulled me out of a burning building by the scruff of my neck. It just never satisfied my needs.

I used to sit outside my house in the garden, setting things a light watching them burn. That's when I discovered my passion for fire juggling. I set a light some old juggling sticks and juggled them. I was a fucking natural it was easy for me! Until my trousers did catch fire but that was my first time and I handled it. So when Omandos came through I packed my bags said my good byes and was quickly accepted by the ringmaster. I guess when all this shit happened, I still burn things. Things being the infected which is pretty amazing by the way. Burning them while they still move.

ahunjFD.png

Preevyet, my name is Svyatoslav Siyan and I was born in Kamarovo in Chernarus and unlike most of the other in Omandos I joined after everything started. You see I am some kind of freak and where most people shunned and tried killing me they took me in. During the first few days I was bit by one of those things but I didn't really change like everyone else did but I did change.

I was bit the second day of this... thing and I guess you could say that was a blessing and a curse. I was taken by the government to some laboratory where they tried treating me so I wouldn't change into one of those things and in a sense they succeeded as they were able to help me retain my human conciousness but my body changed. In body I changed and died but in mind I survived becoming some hybrid human-zombie freak. This sparked an interest with the scientists and well they experimented on me as I was able to tell them what it felt like and well this helped them understand the virus but like humans do they tried turning me into a weapon and that's where they made a mistake...

I escaped after a month I think.. I couldn't really tell as I was trapped underground and well there is no sun or moon under there so it is hard to track time. The first few days after my escape where the hardest ever as not only were zombies trying to kill me but the survivors as they couldn't tell any difference between me and them things and I don't blame them as we look so much alike but sadly for them I don't take too kindly to being shot at and unlike the other mindless shamblers around me I can think and that makes me very dangerous and well I soon learnt how to use a gun of my own nothing spectacular but useful.

I survived for a month or two alone before I met the Omandos' leader Cleaver and unlike the rest he didn't raise his gun...he raised his hand to me and I couldn't understand why until he told me who he was and what he did before the tragedy. He took me too meet the rest of the Omandos and they accepted me and showed me kindness not fear... for the first time I felt safe and happy amongst a group of people, they became a family to me and I am grateful for that.

qBL6ijS.png

Alina Bajek was born in the South Zagorian city Berezino to two Chernarussian natives, Anatoly Bajek and Lidya Bajek.

Alina was born with a Uncommon respiratory disease which forced her have to be on a breathing tube connected to an air tank constantly, Because of this she wears a rebreather connected to an air tank which she carries in a custom made backpack. Alina was a normal child growing up the only problem was that she never had many friends, she had one childhood friend named Ivan Kapralov who was also born and raised in Berezino. They often spent hours together as the two were never fans of crowds until Ivan went off to join the CDF to help with the Chedaki uprising. Alone, Alina decided to move to the capital of Novigrad where she finished her studies to become a doctor, her life was normal until the epidemic, she was stationed in one of the many hospitals in Novigrad to help with the increasing number of patients. She saw the brutality of these monsters first hand, the patients who were presumed dead rose up and started to devour the terrified people who were seeking help at the hospital. Struck with fear Alina did the only thing she could do, run.

During the first few months of the infection Alina isolated herself in a old log cabin she had found when she was rummaging through the forests, she survived living on the land with the skills Ivan had taught her during their time growing up. Although she was surviving she knew she couldn't do it on her own, she packed up her things and decided to try and find the friend she once knew, Ivan, she knew he had to be alive out there somewhere. She grouped up with many people on her way back to South Zagoria before she met up with the strange Omandos who were residing in South Zagoria, they took her in and treated her like family they also seemed to know the land pretty well. If they had been in this part of Chernarus then maybe they could help her find her lost friend.

EqZvyC1.png

I was born in Germany to a poor family. I am told I was brought to the Omandos Carnival when I was no older than a week from there I grew older and when the time came and the carnival offered me work I said I wanted to become a clown, so I painted my face all colours and began clowning around just keeping Children pre-occupied whilst their parents watched in awe of some of the more mature acts. I was not working the day of the outbreak, I was in town "Buying" food and drink for the group. I was walking back to the tent area when I spotted the fire, I knew something was wrong so I ran towards the flaming canvas tent to make sure no one was inside, as I reached the entrance a hoard of people came running out and I was knocked unconscious. When I awoke it was pitch black, the fire no dimmed to embers, I stood up and just as I did so a woman, no older than 17 ran at me brandishing a blade of some sort I raised my hand to block her wild strike but she was interrupted mid strike by a hail of gunfire, I turned to see a lone man reloading a machine gun, I ran, after a few minutes of running I realized I was lost all I had on me was a lighter and a pocket knife so I climbed under a pine tree, made a fire and bedded down. after around a day of drinking stagnant pond water I realized I had to find people, anyone in fact. I headed back towards the town, I spotted a gas-station just out of the town, I wondered if I could find a snack but then I spotted someone moving, I made my way towards the gas station hoping it was a familiar face...

//These are character back-stories of characters that are or used to be in the Omandos Carnival. They are either within the Omandos still, dead or missing.

• MVP

Oooh, I like it! And I'm jealous. I've had the idea of writing about a Carnival, rousties and carnies in my head for a long time.

Seriously, you should watch Carnivàle. There's so much inspiration to find there.

carnivale-01.jpg

Half of the show is about a battle between good and evil and a methodist minister, but the setting of the Carnival is absolutely perfect for DayZRP-related stories. It's in the dustbowl-era and it almost feels apocalyptic.

I'll give you a roleplayed response later, once you've posted more and I got more to work with.

• MVP

Amazing idea!

I totally like it!

• Sapphire

Oooh, I like it! And I'm jealous. I've had the idea of writing about a Carnival, rousties and carnies in my head for a long time.

Seriously, you should watch Carnivàle. There's so much inspiration to find there.

carnivale-01.jpg

Half of the show is about a battle between good and evil and a methodist minister, but the setting of the Carnival is absolutely perfect for DayZRP-related stories. It's in the dustbowl-era and it almost feels apocalyptic.

I'll give you a roleplayed response later, once you've posted more and I got more to work with.

Thanks Gjis, yeah I need some inspiration might have to check it out!

Amazing idea!

I totally like it!

Thank you man! :D

• Sapphire

Updated:

Added Bruno 'Buster' Marrel's back-story.

• 4 months later...
  • Sapphire

Added: Radek Alosis and Jakora Bula.

Guest The Reverend

carnivale-01.jpg

Thanks Gjis, yeah I need some inspiration might have to check it out!

Amazing idea!

I totally like it!

Thank you man! :D

I would definitely apply if I could. But very busy with my own clan ATM. I like the priest guy on the right :)

• Sapphire

I would definitely apply if I could. But very busy with my own clan ATM. I like the priest guy on the right :)

That's nice to hear that people are interested in the idea! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sapphire

Added Svyatoslav Siyan back-story written by Grim.

• Sapphire

Added Alina Bajek's back-story written by Voedric and Wolfgang Stein's back-story written by Terry.