Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 02:00

Question to the rules.

Hey,

I dont know if its already in this rules or not.

But i have a question about a situation.

If i got "handcuffed" or "taken as hostage" and a group or other player can see this, far away, did they allowed to help me of a high distance and kill the bandits without any messeages ?

I think i never saw this inside of this rules, or i didnt know it anymore ?

(sorry for my bad english)

• Emerald

The exception to this rule is known as the "Good Samaritan" exception. This exception allows heroes to try and rescue a person being robbed or otherwise threatened. A "Good Samaritan" may take lethal action if he directly views a robbery or other hostile action being committed against a person and only in favor of the victim.
Warning: This should only be used when you are certain the victim you intend to save will not be injured or killed by any repercussions of your actions. A victim may be killed if their robbers start taking fire from their would be saviours.

As stated in the DayZRP Supplemental rules on the Wiki, as long as they are positively certain then yes.

The supplemental rules can be found here.

The exception to this rule is known as the "Good Samaritan" exception. This exception allows heroes to try and rescue a person being robbed or otherwise threatened. A "Good Samaritan" may take lethal action if he directly views a robbery or other hostile action being committed against a person and only in favor of the victim.
Warning: This should only be used when you are certain the victim you intend to save will not be injured or killed by any repercussions of your actions. A victim may be killed if their robbers start taking fire from their would be saviours.

As stated in the DayZRP Supplemental rules on the Wiki, as long as they are positively certain then yes.

I read it already, but its confused me :S

So this situation is legitim ? This is the only situation that i cant understand. The reason why i cant understand it its my english skill over 9000 :D

Pls yes or no..

• Emerald

So this situation is legitim ? This is the only situation that i cant understand. The reason why i cant understand it its my english skill over 9000 :D

Pls yes or no..

In the situation you stated, yes the person would be free to fire at them, as long as he did see the robber(s) order the man to drop his weapon, or any other hostile act. If he is forced into a car as a hostage or made to lay down, the hero is able to shoot.

Pls yes or no..

In the situation you stated, yes the person would be free to fire at them, as long as he did see the robber(s) order the man to drop his weapon, or any other hostile act. If he is forced into a car as a hostage or made to lay down, the hero is able to shoot.

Ok thank u, now i understand everything in this rules !

• Emerald

Pls yes or no..

Ok thank u, now i understand everything in this rules !

Awesome, good to hear!

Do you have any more questions or can this be marked as solved?

• MVP

Just to clarify, the 'hero' must be 100% sure that a hostile act is being committed. Also, please have a good roleplay reason before shooting. Too many people utilise the Good Samaritan rule for free kills. If your character has no real reason to help a random stranger surrounded by armed gunmen, then don't intervene.

You also don't always know the whole story. The 'victim' may have done harm in the past. They may have killed/robbed the friends/family of the 'robbers'. You might just be shooting the innocent party who are just trying to make amends.

Just some things to consider when taking advantage of the Good Samaritan rule.

I'll mark this as solved for now. If you have further questions simply reply to this post and I'll unsolve it. :)

Just to clarify, the 'hero' must be 100% sure that a hostile act is being committed. Also, please have a good roleplay reason before shooting. Too many people utilise the Good Samaritan rule for free kills. If your character has no real reason to help a random stranger surrounded by armed gunmen, then don't intervene.

You also don't always know the whole story. The 'victim' may have done harm in the past. They may have killed/robbed the friends/family of the 'robbers'. You might just be shooting the innocent party who are just trying to make amends.

I'll mark this as solved for now. If you have further questions simply reply to this post and I'll unsolve it. :)

So i am a taliban, but i want to live in this broken world as a friendly civilian. Can i help a hostage now ? :D

• Emerald

So i am a taliban, but i want to live in this broken world as a friendly civilian. Can i help a hostage now ? :D

Well, not every friendly civilian will want to risk their own life to help another. If thats truly how your character acts and is, then I don't see why not. If he still is Taliban, it wouldn't make much sense he wants to help the hostage, although if he was a Taliban in the past, it would somewhat make sense he wants to change his ways.

All up to you to decide your characters fate.

• MVP

Anyone is allowed to help someone that is having hostile actions made against them. It is within the rules to do so. However, in each situation, you need to ask yourself if it is good RP. Would your character do this? Would he risk his life in such a manner for this stranger? Also, is he 100% sure that he is shooting at the right people? The 'robbers' could be bandit hunters who have just caught someone who has killed multiple innocents. They could be the heroes.

These are the things you need to consider. It shouldn't be as simply as asking "Am I allowed to do this?". The question you should be asking is "Should I do this?".

Well, not every friendly civilian will want to risk their own life to help another. If thats truly how your character acts and is, then I don't see why not. If he still is Taliban, it wouldn't make much sense he wants to help the hostage, although if he was a Taliban in the past, it would somewhat make sense he wants to change his ways.

All up to you to decide your characters fate.

ok thanks,@moderator u can marker it as done now :)