Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 02:42

Professional Assassination

RoryJam

Today, John 'Job' Bazarov was taken hostage by the Independent Soviet Opposition Army. Both 501st and BoS members were initiated on by 5 civilians but were returned their weapons and Johns life was on the line. They needed to help John quickly and there was a helicopter before them. They hesitated at the opportunity but took it.

-snip-

Guest Shadow

Sorry dude but a "Professional hit" does not involve simply standing in a circle around a group of people that were sitting down. Don't mean to ruin your day or sound like a prick but it seems kind of immature.

Unless of course there is something I am missing to this whole ordeal?

• Sapphire

I dont get it....

So your sat in a circle with some guys and RDM them?

These guys had initiated on the 501st and BoS guys, they then release them and give them their weapons back. Was stupid of them huh? :P

It was awesome watching this from the trees.

• Sapphire

Looks more like an execution than an assassination.

Thought I recognised this. I was the pilot, and also the guy who aimed up at you when you drove right up to us as we were sat down. I understand now the more finer points of the revenge rights however please understand I had just flown in and saved the 3 other guys with me from a horde of zeds, once you co-operated and put your weapons down I was friendly and speaking to you on direct chat and apologising for aiming my gun at you, I simply had no idea if you were friendly or not. Looking over the video it's unfair of me to judge if you could hear me or not over your own comms but I was offering to fly you around to look and help rescue your friend just as you shot us all coldly.

But hey-ho that's DayZ (and more importantly the NLR rule) ! I guess if I say "put your gun down now and say who you are" and then say I'm friendly pilot who can help you that counts as hostile?

(As in I.E does pointing your gun at anyone count, even if after you both identify as friendly and you lower weapons after? Not too sure here as I thought it wouldn't count as it was a mistake with friendlies on both sides?)

Either way I had a fun run with the Huey rescuing survivors, and was an enjoyable (if not fatal) encounter with my first big clan.

Thought I recognised this. I was the pilot, and also the guy who aimed up at you when you drove right up to us as we were sat down. I understand now the more finer points of the revenge rights however please understand I had just flown in and saved the 3 other guys with me from a horde of zeds, once you co-operated and put your weapons down I was friendly and speaking to you on direct chat and apologising for aiming my gun at you, I simply had no idea if you were friendly or not. Looking over the video it's unfair of me to judge if you could hear me or not over your own comms but I was offering to fly you around to look and help rescue your friend just as you shot us all coldly.

But hey-ho that's DayZ (and more importantly the NLR rule) ! I guess if I say "put your gun down now and say who you are" and then say I'm friendly pilot who can help you that counts as hostile?

(As in I.E does pointing your gun at anyone count, even if after you both identify as friendly and you lower weapons after? Not too sure here as I thought it wouldn't count as it was a mistake with friendlies on both sides?)

Either way I had a fun run with the Huey rescuing survivors, and was an enjoyable (if not fatal) encounter with my first big clan.

When doing something like that you should say LOWER your weapon, not drop it. Asking someone to lower their weapon is not considered hostile but telling someone to drop it is considered hostile and grants KoS.

Okay thank you, I'm new to DayZRP and still learning the ropes!

No worries man, if you need any more help just pm me!

Also that signature, i love A Song of Ice and Fire.

• Emerald

So wait, he apologized and gave you your weapons back and you still killed him...

Okay thank you, I'm new to DayZRP and still learning the ropes!

No worries man, if you need any more help just pm me!

Also that signature, i love A Song of Ice and Fire.

Cheers man, funnily enough you guys [R.R] helped me out in game and OOC earlier too. Happy to meet you guys again !

And yes, this lion still has claws. As long and as sharp as yours....

Shame the zombie apocalypse happened just before the release of season 4.

• MVP

Being new players, we pretty much handed you our lives by being hostile, and this is a good example of why you should ask someone to lower their weapon and NOT drop it!

I wouldn't say it was professional though, we fucked up! xD

• Diamond

Uhm.... ok

I don't get it?

You shit a bunch of civs just because you had KOS rights?

Seems kinda cheap to me.

Oh and I wouldn't say the title was accurate, maybe just Synchronises shooting? :P

• Sapphire

You shit a bunch of civs

PRICELESS ^^

Best typing error.

-Burgz 2014

Guest Whazmeister

Not entirely sure what happened here, but.. You guys got disarmed, returned your weapons and you shot them later when they were RP'ing? Aren't you guys like a hero clan or something?

Anyway, where was this? I've never seen such a long beach.

• Sapphire

Over here we have a great example of ruleplay over roleplay ladies and gentlemen!

It seemed pretty cheap shooting them, but I guess you needed that helicopter really badly.

Too bad Artyom was there later on with his RPG :troll: