Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 21:38

Owen's journal - Destined For Damnation

Owen

• Emerald

28/3/14

[align=justify]Damn you Jack, damn you to hell and back. Alessandro is now dead because of what you've done. Whatever Matt has done to you, it's changed you.

After Jack had chloroformed Alessandro I tried my best to resuscitate Alessandro by giving him an adrenaline shot directly to the heart. I said to him 'This might give you an irregular heart beat and lead to a cardiac arrest'. Thoughs were the final words I uttered to him before he, turned and I.........killed him.

I believe that trying to get a heart beat with a car battery and jump leads wasn't the best idea but I wanted to save you, bring you back to life but it had the opposite. Back in my old job as a coast guard pilot they said if you had no pulse for ten minutes or more you get brain damage. Alessandro had no pulse for 15 minutes I think. I've seen to much death in my life in these past months.

The fact he turned was strange. I've seen bodies at Altar castle and they didn't turn. My possible theory is that Jack, somehow gave Alessandro something that made him come back. God, what if I have it. Jack breathed all over me before he ran away.

Staggs was seeing red and was shouting Jacks name in rage after I shot Alessandro , when he came back. Before Staggs does anything stupid I have to get a sample of Jacks blood first. I'll have to sneak into a hospital alone without any one knowing. This may give some answers to some things I want to know but I won't disclose it in this journal in case some one finds about it.

I have to continue surviving, Alessandro was a great guy but we can't morn his death. This will only slow us down and make the group exposed to attack. First thing tommorow morning I have to find Jack no matter what.

• Legend

Its great you started of with your journal. It really does help get into character Owen and I hope this is the first of many ;)

• MVP

Very nice Owen! It's good that there isn't too much mourning about my character's death. Keep going with your journal. I like it!

• MVP

Nice title. :D

I like reading all TWS journals because of your interwoven story arcs, but I would advise you to be a little less literal/to the point. Instead of writing for us, so that it is as clear as possible, try to write it like your character would. Would he mention certain things you mentioned? He might not write them down as straightforward and literal as you did, because he would not citate what happened like it's a transcript.

It's okay to be vague. I like the first sentence. "Damn you Jack, damn you to hell and back. Alessandro is now dead because of what you've done. Whatever Matt has done to you, it's changed you." That sounds like something someone might write in a journal. It leaves the reader wondering. What did Jack do? What has Matt done to Jack? Otherwise it just becomes a description of the events that transpired which I think is a lot less interesting.

My favourite recent example of someone who isn't straightforward in her journal is Sophia. Or at least she's a little more descriptive, showing what she thinks, what her opinion is on it all.

• Emerald

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it into account for the next one.

• Emerald

*pulls gun on you* Write more or i wont play ACE with you anymore.

• Emerald

4/4/14

[align=justify]Today was one of those days when you question your own actions on how you protect the ones you hold closest to you when you make irrational decisions.

I was tasked to pick up Staggs in Chernogorsk with Rafeal as my passenger. It went all smoth until we got there.

When we arrived at the hospital located near the apartments, a car began to chase us. We had some civilians who said to pull over. Then I heard from the other car that we should pull over or be killed.

This is when I snapped. All rational thought turned to violence. I stopped the car to make them get out and it worked. So I floored it. I stopped a bit futher up and Staggs just, well lets put it bluntly, sprayed the vehicle with lead. Rafeal then proceeded to kill another. Then I shot someone in the head. To be honest I had put them in a situation which I had created. Those deaths could have been avoided if they didn't chase us.

I hate killng people, ever since Bosnia. That's why I left NATO and became a tour guide pilot.

I'm glad I don't have anothet death on my conscience. I've seen to many people die. Altar, Ravens Nest, Deseal, Capril, the Treeves have claimed so many that I know.

I sometimes question my self "Is it worth living in this hell?". Though I look around and see communities growing, people living in this apocalypse. It seems you can never kill humanity but only make it stronger through situations like today.

As long as I've got air in my lungs, I'll avenge the dead and assist the living. I'm not going to let anyone down.