Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 02:52

[SSC] Lost Hope Barn

Hatch

• Sapphire

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/198887998/Music%20for%20threads/settlement%20thread%20music%20-%20walking%20dead.mp3[/mp3]

A man named Felix Vadim was driving in his car with his wife. They had just escaped the town of Stary Sobor where hordes of zombies were breaking the town apart, destroying anything that was in their paths.

Felix and his Wife Natalya were in Felxis' old pickup truck. They had packed a decent amount of supplies in the back before they fled from the infested town.

As they were speeding down a dirt track, Felix was studying his map to find out somewhere to go, somewhere safe.

*A scream from Natalya interrupts Felix's train of thought*

Felix looks up to see a deer bounce along the road in front of his car. He tries to swerve away but the car spins too much and he loses control.

The car smashes into a nearby deer stand.

Felix wakes up with fuzzy eyes and a groggy head. He's confused for a long time and sits there without doing anything, just staring into space. He looks to his right where his wife is sitting...as he looks his heart stops. It is as if a bullet has passed through his chest into his heart, he see that she is dead.

Felix's world is turned upside down at that very second of realizing that his wife is gone for ever.

Many months later...

A survivor is running down a country lane and what he see's terrifies him.

[video=youtube]

The tales of this place is that a man and his wife crashed here. The wife died immediately but the man survived. The man couldn't take the fact that his wife was no longer with him so after many months of living in the barn and trying to survive in the world of lost hope, he killed himself. He hung himself up on the rafters on the barn, the body is still there today...some people say his spirit is too.

----------------------------

Pictures:

06y7QRL.jpg?1

bmYyHhC.jpg?1

ZYG5J84.jpg?2

vsl5deS.jpg?1

PN1aQ2m.jpg?1

8UXFsFG.jpg?1

2I4vWqo.jpg?1

cdR8wn2.jpg?1

h6msMGV.jpg

Picture album (Click me)

YU4er9K.jpg?2

• Sapphire

dam this place looks so cool. Not much of a settlement but would love to see it implemented

It's more of a camp, a little place for clans to take a hostage and be creepy. Or just a place to socialize; however, it would be kinda weird with a dead guy about 2m away :P

Looks pretty cool, but I don't think it makes much sense to have a barn there. As there is a dirt road, it would mean when the barn was still 'complete' it would be over the road. Also the hill behind it, goes through the wall. Looks cool, but try and find a better location.

• Sapphire

Looks pretty cool, but I don't think it makes much sense to have a barn there. As there is a dirt road, it would mean when the barn was still 'complete' it would be over the road. Also the hill behind it, goes through the wall. Looks cool, but try and find a better location.

The "Barn" was to me was to me more like a house, I liked the look of it and it worked well. The hill behind has sunk in after harsh weather conditions and noone to tend to the barn.

• Emerald

I like it but I think there could be a little more added to it? Just some small details here and there? Yet at the same time I do like the simplicity.

• Sapphire

I like it but I think there could be a little more added to it? Just some small details here and there? Yet at the same time I do like the simplicity.

It is my first time at editor, I wanted something small where people can go to. I enjoying adding that little something into the game where people can go and explore. I will think of more things to add, maybe some items that Felix (The hung guy) had before he killed himself.

• Emerald

It is my first time at editor, I wanted something small where people can go to. I enjoying adding that little something into the game where people can go and explore. I will think of more things to add, maybe some items that Felix (The hung guy) had before he killed himself.

Well good job for your first try especially.

• Sapphire

Well good job for your first try especially.

Thank you :)

• Emerald

Like the look of this place. Hopefully it'll be added as we need more places to go to RP.

It looks okay... but it's just not realistic.. like, why would a barn be going over the road, it's broken so i assume it used to be full? unless the 'Builders' decided to make a unfinished barn, then decided to break it. Plus the objects inside don't look very well placed, but if you can change the location, and maybe work more on the interior, i would definitely like to see this in game!

Needs a lot more work, it looks empty and as if it has but been plopped there, some trees and junk items always make things look a lot more weathered, but I really do like the idea of a random barn, great idea just flesh it out abit more mateb

• Sapphire

Needs a lot more work, it looks empty and as if it has but been plopped there, some trees and junk items always make things look a lot more weathered, but I really do like the idea of a random barn, great idea just flesh it out abit more mateb

I wanted this so it is a small place people can go and take their role play to. It has a creepy story behind it, hence the crashed car. I will be working on it today and i'll add some more things; however, I still want to go for the simple kinda feel.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll get straight to it :)

• Sapphire

Change log:

Barn now turned around so if it was "Complete" then it would fit and be realistic.

More decor to make it look like Felix lived there for some time until he killed himself.

Guest John Le Bear

It needs some considerable work before its implemented. Im going to provide some suggestions and general feedback.

Firstly, the location of the barn needs to be changed. You said earlier that its supposed to look like the land has sunken into the building over the years, however it doesnt look like that, the land has been ploughed in a straight line that matches up with the rest of the field, it just doesn't look right, its not like someone plans on growing crops inside the barn so it shouldn't be ploughed. It would look nice if it was moved elsewhere, perhaps just move it up the road ever so slightly onto the grassy area to avoid the ploughed field's clipping issue.

Secondly, the PCB has potential as a survivor camp, however it looks to clean, it doesnt actually look like someone has used it. I would suggest adding some rubbish, in the editor there are 3-4 objects that place rubbish all over the floor so its spread out, they have preset radius' so just have a play around, some are wuite small, making them useless. I would also add some rubble to act as the remnants of the building.

Thirdly, add some fences or something to make it look like it was an area that was used, at the moment it doesnt look natural, just seems as if a broken barn was plonked in the middle of a field.

Fourthly, prepare for nitpicking suggestion, make the hanged man slightly lower so he is just above the chair, thus making it look more realistic. Then move the man so the rope is coming out of the wood support beams, making it look like the rope was fastened around it. Also make the chair on its side so it looks like it was kicked over when the man hanged himself (its how you normally hang yourself by knocking over what ever you are standing on), to flip it use setVectorDirAndUp [[x, y, z],[x, y, z]] - works like this .

I really enjoyed the story and I think it works really well. I will give more feedback later when its near completion.

• Emerald

This looks really good, well done!

• Sapphire

Fourthly, prepare for nitpicking suggestion, make the hanged man slightly lower so he is just above the chair, thus making it look more realistic. Then move the man so the rope is coming out of the wood support beams, making it look like the rope was fastened around it. Also make the chair on its side so it looks like it was kicked over when the man hanged himself (its how you normally hang yourself by knocking over what ever you are standing on), to flip it use setVectorDirAndUp [[x, y, z],[x, y, z]] - works like this .

I really enjoyed the story and I think it works really well. I will give more feedback later when its near completion.

Thank you, thank you! I was wondering if you could do that, and now I know it is possible! I will get to it and make it happen.

Means a lot :)

Guest John Le Bear

Thank you, thank you! I was wondering if you could do that, and now I know it is possible! I will get to it and make it happen.

Drop me a PM if you need help with the script, its a little tricky when you have never used it before.

• Sapphire

Drop me a PM if you need help with the script, its a little tricky when you have never used it before.

Okay, I may do that as I am new to the whole editor side of Arma. I'll do it tomorrow as I'm on Epoch at the moment :)