Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 02:20

Vehicles disappearing

Guest Daddy Kropp

Guest Daddy Kropp

Other than the obvious situation of a person finding your vehicles and taking them. Would there be any other way vehicles would just go missing from the location you put them?

If you park them too close to the edge of the map, they can de-spawn.

They could be blown up too, not just taken by players :P

If there is a server wipe, it'll reset all of the vehicles.

Another one would be not parking it quick enough before a restart, this means when you log back in, it will move from where you parked it. That's probably what happened if you didn't get it stolen!

Guest Daddy Kropp

I know it wasn't prior to a restart, like too close, they seemed to have disappeared after the server crash late yesterday on S2. Its really not that big of deal as I don't get attached to gear or anything, just odd that they were randomly gone.

Do the vehicles have to be "saved" before each restart?

• Legend

Vehicles can only disappear if they are parked too close to the edge of the map or if they are taken by someone else. I have also heard (as burgz said) that vehicles if not parked up before restart properly move.

I have also heard of cars being destroyed on a restart because they were too close to a tree (not sure about this one)

As for saving the vehicle I believe you should save on restart to keep the gear inside after a restart but I never have and its always in there after so maybe that isn't true :P

Ill solve this but leave it open for discussion :)