Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 02:28

Regarding lore.

Alec

I know there was a patient zero at green mountain, but is there any official view on how he became a zombie? Or is the infection up to us to theorize?

Further, if we believe the infection came about say, by some sort of super virus, can we insist that view on others if they believe otherwise when it comes to RP?

I'm asking this because in the group that I made, the first zombie was made by scientists trying to make a super soldier, and my character is firm on that belief, what if someone else is firm on the super virus theory?

At the end of the day, think about if your character would actually know IC. He wouldn't have any idea, and neither would anyone else.

Feel free to argue with others about how the infection started because really, nobody knows.

In regards to how it actually started, I don't know :P

At the end of the day, think about if your character would actually know IC. He wouldn't have any idea, and neither would anyone else.

Feel free to argue with others about how the infection started because really, nobody knows.

The thing is, my character has an idea that is very likely to him. Would this be powergaming?

If you want to ask about something in the lore then there's only really one person who you can go to and get an answer from, that Person being the lore master Tomeran.

If you wanna ask him something then he's got a thread specifically for lore based questions that you can find Here.

If you want to ask about something in the lore then there's only really one person who you can go to and get an answer from, that Person being the lore master Tomeran.

If you wanna ask him something then he's got a thread specifically for lore based questions that you can find Here.

Thanks!

Can this get marked as solved?

The thing is, my character has an idea that is very likely to him. Would this be powergaming?

Why would it be powergaming?

IC your character thinks he knows what happened right?

IC people may disagree.

Arguing with people about this would be fine as it is roleplay! :P

• MVP

The only issue is if your group page presents your version of events as fact. As long as it is clear that it is the belief of the group and nothing more, than it is not powergaming. As soon as you venture into the realms of "this is what happened." Then you start to tread into the realms of powergaming. While it isn't hugely destructive, it is generally easier to steer clear to avoid contradictions. We can't have every second group stating their version of events as fact.