Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 13:05

Issues with Whitelisting

Okay, so I've been denied.. Again.. but this time I took at least an hour into writing out my application. For my KOS I changed it, so that it is 1000 words long, when it was originally 600 and for my NLR I didn't change anything but the first time I posted it, it wasn't an issue, the second time, appearently there was "Insufficient NLR explanation". I feel as if this may be an issue that isn't my fault. When I am home I will repost my KOS so everyone can see it but it was a 1000 words of detailed description. Any suggestions for how I could get in would be appriacted. Thank you all.

• Emerald

Well theres really no help anyone can give you for that problem, but I can recommend some tips to have a better whitelist application.

Firstly, read everything you just wrote out loud. If it sounds right and is grammatically correct, move on. Next you want to re-read the rules and then read your explanation of that rule. Do they sound similar? If they do that means you are doing well and understand the rules. Admins love examples, so feel free to use plenty of examples in your app.

Lastly, think of the application as your job interview, you want to look over it and make sure everything sounds formal, correct, and understandable.

Good luck.

Well theres really no help anyone can give you for that problem, but I can recommend some tips to have a better whitelist application.

Firstly, read everything you just wrote out loud. If it sounds right and is grammatically correct, move on. Next you want to re-read the rules and then read your explanation of that rule. Do they sound similar? If they do that means you are doing well and understand the rules. Admins love examples, so feel free to use plenty of examples in your app.

Lastly, think of the application as your job interview, you want to look over it and make sure everything sounds formal, correct, and understandable.

Good luck.

But the thing is, I just looked arouned the forums and it seems there are a few people with the exactly the same written out explenation of why they haven't been accepted. I find this quite odd.

• Legend

Its not always about how many words its about the detail you put in and showing you understand. Don't go so over the top that it confuses the reader or is jumbled so in the end the reader thinks you haven't got a clue :P

Im sure the community would be happy to help you either through this page or even jumping into helpdesk to discuss things with a staff member and make you maybe realise where it went wrong?

• Legend

I was the one who denied your application. While there wasn't really anything wrong, it felt like you quite didn't get everything right either.

For example you said that you are not allowed to shoot person who is complying to your orders, that's right, but what kind of orders those would be? How would you make someone comply while you rob them? That kind of things we want to see. It gives us the feeling that you truly understand how our rules are supposed to work in-game, and help your self to play with confident and without fear being banned for doing something wrong :)

Its not always about how many words its about the detail you put in and showing you understand. Don't go so over the top that it confuses the reader or is jumbled so in the end the reader thinks you haven't got a clue :P

Im sure the community would be happy to help you either through this page or even jumping into helpdesk to discuss things with a staff member and make you maybe realise where it went wrong?

So if I post my hole application later, would you mind checking back on this post and taking a look to give me advice? By a 1000 word count, I do mean ALOT of detail that has been added.

• Legend

So if I post my hole application later, would you mind checking back on this post and taking a look to give me advice? By a 1000 word count, I do mean ALOT of detail that has been added.

If you want to post your answers to the questions and such on here you can ill check them over and im sure many others will aswell and give advice.

But I do suggest read Gina's post above ;)

I was the one who denied your application. While there wasn't really anything wrong, it felt like you quite didn't get everything right either.

For example you said that you are not allowed to shoot person who is complying to your orders, that's right, but what kind of orders those would be? How would you make someone comply while you rob them? That kind of things we want to see. It gives us the feeling that you truly understand how our rules are supposed to work in-game, and help your self to play with confident and without fear being banned for doing something wrong :)

Okay. Thank you for this.. This has helped a lot! When I finish school I'll get working on a better application. Again. Thank you!