Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 13:02

Clan skins?

• Legend

Moved to questions

• Legend

Soon :troll:

This subject has come up many times since I joined and possibly before that. The answer is it is very unlikely there will be clan skins in the near future, but who knows maybe one day Rolle will think 'it is time'

Marking as solved but leaving it open for discussion

• Emerald

oh the threads that have been created with the exact same question...

• Legend

It will never come.

• Emerald

They're really not that important if you think about it, most people can identify their targets fairly well.

We can last awhile.

nope nope nope. its incredibly difficult to identify civvie from enemy. instead nine of ten times we have to hold our fire because we're not sure.

perhaps its time to halt further expansions of dayzrp and instead focus more on stuff like this.

• Legend

They're really not that important if you think about it, most people can identify their targets fairly well.

We can last awhile.

nope nope nope. its incredibly difficult to identify civvie from enemy. instead nine of ten times we have to hold our fire because we're not sure.

perhaps its time to halt further expansions of dayzrp and instead focus more on stuff like this.

And if you were in a real life situation you would be able to identify everyone? No you would not.

In a zombie apocolypse you would never have a full army of 30 people wearing the exact same clothing.

It breaks immersion and it is not a solution that you will see on DayZRP.

• Emerald

We can last awhile.

And if you were in a real life situation you would be able to identify everyone? No you would not.

In a zombie apocolypse you would never have a full army of 30 people wearing the exact same clothing.

sometimes immersion has to be broken to a certain extend for the sake of maitaining its fun factor instead of adding a fear factor everytime you shoot someone who's skin isn't recognizable.

We can last awhile.

Hmm, but in a real life situation, you wouldn't have to identify your targets and nobody would be stupid enough to hang around in such an area.

Although I will say it does encourage firefights and PvP which isn't necessarily a good thing being as there are a lot anyway. The main problem is people's value for their life, but that's another matter entirely.

• Emerald

the problem is people being punished for other people's greedy actions.

• Legend

sometimes immersion has to be broken to a certain extend for the sake of maitaining its fun factor instead of adding a fear factor everytime you shoot someone who's skin isn't recognizable.

Key point.

Immersion and something unique to DayZ. We want to keep it that way. This isn't Call of Duty

• Sapphire

Key point.

Immersion and something unique to DayZ. We want to keep it that way. This isn't Call of Duty

These two posts have literally summed it up for me.

I really dislike the idea of clan skins for that reason, let's face it in an apocalypse you won't be fighting men in uniforms and DayZ is as Hofer said, is immersive in that respect. I wouldn't want to lose that.

• Emerald

Key point.

These two posts have literally summed it up for me.

I really dislike the idea of clan skins for that reason, let's face it in an apocalypse you won't be fighting men in uniforms and DayZ is as Hofer said, is immersive in that respect. I wouldn't want to lose that.

in the end you dont really know what to expect in an apocalypse so a remnant force isn't far fetched.

but beside that i understand the points given, what i dont understand is that there isn't a solution being thought out to reduce unnecesary KOS. if clan skins are a no go (which they obviously are ) then something else should be thought out by the community because punishing someone because he killed a greedy looter during an active firefight is absurd.