Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 01:18

Larger magazines for Stanag/AK?

Would you like larger magazines for STANAG/AK rifles?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do know you can use the MG36 mags on stanag rifles, also the RPK-74 mags could work for AKs

I don't see any way these magazines would break some sort of balance or be OP, there are MG36 mags IG or at least were, although they don't spawn anywhere, and RPK mags are somewhat common but i am pretty sure that they can be only used with the RPK.

Why it wouldn't be OP

RPK mags have 75 rounds in each one, they take 2 inventory slots which in the same slots 2 mags of normal AK mags can be placed (60 mags). You don't gain too much ammunition from using this.

MG36 however, do have 100 rounds so it could be abit OP, but yet again, rifles like M249 saw have 200 rounds, both do same damage. And also this mag could be extremely rare to balance it out.

Also, as both items are in arma and to some extent in game, the only thing that could be done is the simply allow AK's to accept RPK ammo, and simply add to the loot tables MG36 mags, maybe they will only spawn in crash sites or have a very low odd of spawning.

What do you guys think?

How to promote PvP, have massive mags for assault rifles

How?

reloading is extremely quick and as a RPK mag takes 2 slots, spacewise it is equal to 2 normal AK mags, with just abit more space.

and i do know MG36 mags were in the mod (gained from events) and if someone did have them i don't think he will go full rambo because he uses them

Hmm, I don't see why not.

I mean, unless there's any RP reason for them not being there, then why not?

I wouldn't say it promotes PvP at all. Nobody thinks to themself, more ammunition, let's have a firefight! It would however make people use their weapons more I suppose, for zombies and such, but I don't see a problem.

• Legend

There were plans/are plans for using duct tape to tape 2 mags together. I believe this is still in progression if not already added :P

There were plans/are plans for using duct tape to tape 2 mags together. I believe this is still in progression if not already added :P

Then this could be like the high tier item when it comes to ammunition?

Just like a KSVK and a coyote, in their categories

• MVP

would love larger mags but as some other people have said. It could stimulate more PVP rather than RP.

Ductape thing seems like an okay idea, granted that you have to do the crafting yourself

• Legend

Then this could be like the high tier item when it comes to ammunition?

Just like a KSVK and a coyote, in their categories

True I guess lets stock pile bullets

(unless you want it to be like dayz 2017 :troll: )

On another note i'd like to see how this could provoke PVP. you won't be robbed for it as no one can know it's there, reloading is quick in arma anyway so it's not going to effect firefights that much and the amount of extra ammo you can carry is again, not going to be game breaking of lead to any more firefights then there are now.

You know something to consider here..

This game tries hard to go for realism..

I have an AK and I can tell you.. with just a 30 round magazine it starts getting heavy..

so to put a 75 round drum on it and carry it for miles and miles..

isnt realistic.

Then again.. I also have a Mosin Nagant..

and to carry that thing anywhere sucks.

I have an AK and I can tell you.. with just a 30 round magazine it starts getting heavy..

isnt realistic.

I also have a car wheel in my backpack.

• Emerald

isnt realistic.

I also have a car wheel in my backpack.

I have two car wheels in my backpack. I couldnt even lift that, let alone sprint.

• MVP

Duct tape mags are soon. ]

As for actual bigger mags i'm not sure. I can see how it may promote PVP but also how it may not. To be honest though it's easy enough to do so I guess it depends what the community and staff team thin of it

As for actual bigger mags i'm not sure. I can see how it may promote PVP but also how it may not. To be honest though it's easy enough to do so I guess it depends what the community and staff team thin of it

About the dual mags, will it be a quicker reload or 60 round mag?

I don't see any reason at all to add it really, if it's about space I don't think that's a valid reason since having a military grade weapon shouldn't be too easy, you should have to make sacrifices to have a lot of ammo.

I agree with what Jess Newton said about realism.

When the Dayz ArmA mod came, the ArmA war simulator changed from beeing a simulator to a game.

Its not only from the weight issue, its also about how you handle your weapon, as a shooter you always have to know how many bullets are shot in each sequence, this to be able to reload at the right time for that particular situation, otherwise you will go short out of that firefight.

About also carrying a car wheel in the back pack with ease is also a bit game ish...

There are weight systems for this, player will faint when carrying to much and running for example.

If duct taped mags are implemented I do hope you still have to do the reload animation between using those mags, all to keep up the realism.

• Emerald

I once had a MG36 100rnd mag on RP for an event. In PvP it was insane. I think they should only be found in ammo boxes or have a really small chance of spawning in barracks.

I don't see how realism has effect here. you can carry engine parts and a choppers main rotor on you. How can you make realism a reason to vote no here?

• Diamond

I don't see how realism has effect here. you can carry engine parts and a choppers main rotor on you. How can you make realism a reason to vote no here?

I for example don't carry stuff like that and only use MP5's or similar weapons.

But yea I don't know what to vote here, I guess it would be cool but then again, is it really necessary ?

• MVP

About the dual mags, will it be a quicker reload or 60 round mag?

60rnd mag sadly.

We are still playing ARMA after all

• MVP

If you ductape two stanag mags you still need to reload. And would it then only take one slot?

Ducktape mag takes 2 slots :)