Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 14:37

General ideas for next patch / update

I am not sure if some of these addons / fixes are fixable by the mod creators (because some might need an involvement of BIS/DayZDevs to fix)

These are some basic features and fixes I think must be in the DayZRP Servers:

[*] Spawn Selection:

Before you deny, let me explain myself. Sometimes I feel that spawning at no-where (aka dolina) is a bit non-roleplay. For example, I spawned at Elektro today and found myself some Police Uniforms. I thought how lucky I was to spawn at Elektro and have the ability to roleplay as a cop in the Chernarus Police Department. But sadly, it was luck. I can't roleplay as a cop without being in a big city, or even without uniforms (I can RP as an off-duty one but you get my point).

So there's an easier way of doing it where you enable the regular DayZ Spawn Selection from that book or, you can create a new spawn selection system that lets players spawn at Solnichy, Zelengorsk, Berezino, etc. (Yes, it doesn't have to be directly at a big city but somewhere near). An option for a completely random spawn should also be featured with the spawn selection...

[*] The ability to commit a suicide.

If the spawn selection actually will get added then this option shouldn't be a problem. But commiting a suicide could advance RP (somehow :D). It's not abusive in any kind of way and if your character decides to commit a suicide after his friend died I see no reason to ignore this feature.

[*] Survivors' Island.

I'm not saying this feature is a must but it could give the mod a different kind of theme (More similiar to DayZ Origins).

If you could script out an Island (like, FAAAAAAAAAAR away from the mainland) where there is a city and some bots and high walls similiar to Sector B (but smaller if can -_-) with no more than basic loot (Food, Drink, Medical Supplies and very basic guns such as low-grade AK variants and maybe simple M4s with CCO scopes and iron sights - not a shitload of DMRs, AS50s and NVGs). No patrol above chernarus, in chernarus under chernarus or what so ever. A simple Island with smart NPCs. This feature is not very important ATM anyway.

[*] Fix the animals

Serious now, everytime I gut 'em they disappear into the ground.

(p.s I know shitload of people complained about it).

[*] Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz make something against Zombies. Jeez they are overpowered. I was attacked by 2 zombies and died. I don't know if you can change the zombie AI or some basic animations or what so ever but I really am afraid from zombies more than I am afraid from other clans (I know that realisticly zombies should infect you in 1 bite but it's a game and zombies are WAYYYY overpowered)

[*] Please add some more skins to the donation exchange:

I have some spare money (and I'm sure a lot does) in the donation exchange. Most of the skins in the exchange are military-related. What about skins like doctors, police officers, priests, etc... What if I wish to RP as a firefighter? I feel like these skins are needed to be added for donators. I don't need those noisy woodland army uniforms. I bet chernarus didn't have SOOOO many soldiers back then before the apocalypse

[*] Model enterable buildings:

I don't know if the team has anyone who can model textures. But at the latest DayZ Epoch they added very nice textures to those unenterable factories and made the enterable. It looks awesome and gives a unique theme about they're skilled staff. If DayZRP Staff has anyone who can model such stuff it could be cool. It's not so bad to hire one to the team too.

[*] Remove the View Distance thing:

It's shit, bring it back to default like every mod does.

[*] Improve guns:

I've seen DayZ Battle Royale and DayZ Overwatch and their guns are so good. I think it would be a good idea to add a new variaty of guns and change the guns' noise like Breaking Point did. Obviously, the spawn rate of guns should stay the same and finding a particular gun should be harder since there are more guns that might spawn but it is more realistic. Everytime I meet someone he has an AK variant. Come on, I'm sure I must be the only guy who uses Mosin as a favourite gun. If the classic guns like rusty pump shotguns, Galils, M16s (seriously, M16s are way more better than those super-upgraded M4 variants with short barrel and stock). PLEASE add silenced pistols like the Ruger MK II with built-in silencer. I feel like Hatchets are the best because if I dare to fire my Makarov, hordes of hordes of hordes of zombies will rush at me.

[*] Add more crafting options:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like it, but if we could craft more items it would be great! Let us craft a hatchet from crowbar+scrap metal, let us craft something with scrap electronics (seriously).

[*] To be added soon*

• MVP

Zombies have been buffed for a while now and it's better that way as it's harder for you to survive instead of just shooting them once in the leg and they drop to the ground... They won't be nerfed at all as it's not needed.

You say you died from 2 zombies? - Be more stealthy instead of becoming Rambo and spraying one down which will attract more, you wouldn't do that in a real apocalypse would you? You would most likely try and be quiet to make sure you don't have to use your weapon.

The animals will most likely get fixed for the next patch anyway as they are vital for survival when playing and the developers already know that and have most likely already fixed the problem.

Suicide option? - No thanks, you say it's not going to be abused, I can guarentee that it will be due to them being fresh spawns and 'wanting a better spawn' - This will make it so every man and their dog is killing themselves to try and get an Altar Hill spawn or something and then doing the suicide animation whilst in the middle of RP or some other place.

Survivor Island - Pointless, no need for it to be there if it was.

• MVP

I am not sure if some of these addons / fixes are fixable by the mod creators (because some might need an involvement of BIS/DayZDevs to fix)

[*] Spawn Selection:

Before you deny, let me explain myself. Sometimes I feel that spawning at no-where (aka dolina) is a bit non-roleplay. For example, I spawned at Elektro today and found myself some Police Uniforms. I thought how lucky I was to spawn at Elektro and have the ability to roleplay as a cop in the Chernarus Police Department. But sadly, it was luck. I can't roleplay as a cop without being in a big city, or even without uniforms (I can RP as an off-duty one but you get my point).

So there's an easier way of doing it where you enable the regular DayZ Spawn Selection from that book or, you can create a new spawn selection system that lets players spawn at Solnichy, Zelengorsk, Berezino, etc. (Yes, it doesn't have to be directly at a big city but somewhere near). An option for a completely random spawn should also be featured with the spawn selection...

If the spawn selection actually will get added then this option shouldn't be a problem. But commiting a suicide could advance RP (somehow :D). It's not abusive in any kind of way and if your character decides to commit a suicide after his friend died I see no reason to ignore this feature.

[*] Survivors' Island.

I'm not saying this feature is a must but it could give the mod a different kind of theme (More similiar to DayZ Origins).

If you could script out an Island (like, FAAAAAAAAAAR away from the mainland) where there is a city and some bots and high walls similiar to Sector B (but smaller if can -_-) with no more than basic loot (Food, Drink, Medical Supplies and very basic guns such as low-grade AK variants and maybe simple M4s with CCO scopes and iron sights - not a shitload of DMRs, AS50s and NVGs). No patrol above chernarus, in chernarus under chernarus or what so ever. A simple Island with smart NPCs. This feature is not very important ATM anyway.

Nope. Way too laggy and takes away from the point of RP - player interaction. It really would be super fucking laggy though.

[*] Fix the animals

Read the hotfix changelog please!

[*] Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz make something against Zombies. Jeez they are overpowered. I was attacked by 2 zombies and died. I don't know if you can change the zombie AI or some basic animations or what so ever but I really am afraid from zombies more than I am afraid from other clans (I know that realisticly zombies should infect you in 1 bite but it's a game and zombies are WAYYYY overpowered)

Zombies need to be a threat, due to the limitations of DayZ the only way to do so is make them strong. Don't expect this to change.

I have some spare money (and I'm sure a lot does) in the donation exchange. Most of the skins in the exchange are military-related. What about skins like doctors, police officers, priests, etc... What if I wish to RP as a firefighter? I feel like these skins are needed to be added for donators. I don't need those noisy woodland army uniforms. I bet chernarus didn't have SOOOO many soldiers back then before the apocalypse

This is something we are actively looking into but the sad fact is there are not many non-military skins avaible

I don't know if the team has anyone who can model textures. But at the latest DayZ Epoch they added very nice textures to those unenterable factories and made the enterable. It looks awesome and gives a unique theme about they're skilled staff. If DayZRP Staff has anyone who can model such stuff it could be cool. It's not so bad to hire one to the team too.

I would ADORE this, but it's a TON of work, like seriously, insane amounts.

[*] To be added

[*] Spawn Selection:

[*] Survivors' Island.

Nope. Way too laggy and takes away from the point of RP - player interaction. It really would be super fucking laggy though.

[*] Fix the animals

Read the hotfix changelog please!

Zombies need to be a threat, due to the limitations of DayZ the only way to do so is make them strong. Don't expect this to change.

This is something we are actively looking into but the sad fact is there are not many non-military skins avaible

I would ADORE this, but it's a TON of work, like seriously, insane amounts.

[*] To be added

About the zombie thing, I'm not sure if you get my idea. I just ask to make their animation WAYYYYY slower. It really is non-rp how zombies react to you sooooo fast. I mean - I get hit without them even applying the hit animation, they can hit you while they run and the most sad part is that they can close doors (REALLY!!!). I remember back in the day of DayZ mod a few months ago, zombies were not so overpowered and they might were too nerfed BUT the zombies are actually interfering some journeys with people I met. For example - today me and some guys found a bike in Dubrovka (I think) and we had all the parts we needed to fix it but sadly, everytime we killed a zombie - he respawned and they hit us while running. It ended up where all of us died in that city because of zombies. The 'zombies should be a threat' is pretty oversaid (and that's not even a word). They are a threat. They are the boss in the threat level. I swear that sometimes I shout at the screen saying 'THIS ZOMBIE IS HACKING'. They are too strong and react to fast..

• MVP

About the zombie thing, I'm not sure if you get my idea. I just ask to make their animation WAYYYYY slower. It really is non-rp how zombies react to you sooooo fast. I mean - I get hit without them even applying the hit animation, they can hit you while they run and the most sad part is that they can close doors (REALLY!!!). I remember back in the day of DayZ mod a few months ago, zombies were not so overpowered and they might were too nerfed BUT the zombies are actually interfering some journeys with people I met. For example - today me and some guys found a bike in Dubrovka (I think) and we had all the parts we needed to fix it but sadly, everytime we killed a zombie - he respawned and they hit us while running. It ended up where all of us died in that city because of zombies. The 'zombies should be a threat' is pretty oversaid (and that's not even a word). They are a threat. They are the boss in the threat level. I swear that sometimes I shout at the screen saying 'THIS ZOMBIE IS HACKING'. They are too strong and react to fast..

At this risk of sounding rude - welcome to dayz. This is a mod of a mod of a already buggy game, you can't expect the zombies function perfectly or naturally. They are based off of soldier AI and have traits built into the ARMA engine which is nigh impossible to remove

At this risk of sounding rude - welcome to dayz. This is a mod of a mod of a already buggy game, you can't expect the zombies function perfectly or naturally. They are based off of soldier AI and have traits built into the ARMA engine which is nigh impossible to remove

I know I might sound like an asshole. But I'm pretty sure DayZ Origins Dev Team could do it. There must be a away. There must be a scriptfile where the zombie AI is written at. It's a dummy work, you don't need to rewrite anything, just to change a couple of variables. Imagine something like "ZombieSpawnRate=10", and obviously it might look different. You could change it to 60? 120? I mean, you can't even clear cities now. You kill a zombie with your gun and 10 more are rushing your way. You kill all of them, 20 more are coming - and that's how it goes. They respawn too quickly.

And about they're strength, if it's impossible, there's nothing to argue with.

• El Presidente

Yeah, but we're not Origins team, if they or the official DayZ mod team haven't fixed the zombies in the mod up until now, I don't think anybody can do it. It isn't a matter of changing a variable like you say, it is much more complicated than that.

Just look at standalone that has dozens of professional developers and access to ArmA source code - they broke the zombies even more!

Oh, and another thing, we're want to buff zombies, not nerf them if anything. Right now they are a nuisance at best.

Spawn selection: simply no, it would be a waste of time the whole point is for it to be utterly random so you can start off again with no clue and not a quick way to meet your friends.

Suicide: no again people would abuse it to get better spawns and frankly is a bit stupid.

The island: this isn't origins, as much as the idea sounds great it would be a tone of work for myself building it and is a very un original idea, also if your talk about sklisty then you remove a area that people already use for role play.

Fix animals : in the hot fix ( read the change notes )

Zombies : no again, zombies should be a threat rather in just something that is there, it is something that makes this mod great that you have to be aware of them at all times rather then just running from them, if anything I would like the damage they do to make them even more of a threat.

Skins: like tam said it is very hard to find skins that are non mil, I am working in making skins in my free time so if they are to a high enough standard they might get added

Buildings: quick answere it's VERY hard and alot of work we don't have time atm

Skins: like tam said it is very hard to find skins that are non mil, I am working in making skins in my free time so if they are to a high enough standard they might get added

Even if you had basic skins like police officer, doctor, firefighter (if it even exists?) and such civillian clothings it would be great!

Rolle, if zombies are getting stronger it's really sad :(

• MVP

There are at least 4 silenced pistols currently ingame.

Crafting a hatchet out of a crowbar makes no sense at all, but new recipes ARE being added. (Scrap electronics will geta use soon enough)

Adding some guns is happening bit by bit, you likely saw all the pistols added in 1.3.3.

View distance is AMAZING it make sit so you can see however far your hardware allows

The main reason I don't like the zombies DayZRP has is because they are endlessly spawning. There's an endless stream of them, you can waste your entire ammo on them and there will just be more around the corner. I'm sure realistically you wouldn't have an infinite number of zombies coming after you (Especially in a small village), there has to be a limit, but with the way the Mod works that's impossible right now. That's the only reason zombies are overpowered, and if you can fix that then I think we'll have a much better experience.

The best solution I can think of right now is add in some sort of spawn delay. The way it works is Zombies spawn in normally, and if you kill all the zombies that have spawned, there is a delay before the next batch of zombies spawn. Zombies when spawned in after the time limit would of course be aggroed against you. Perhaps you could even make the delay proportional to the zombies killed. Example: There are 7 zombies and you kill all of them. That makes it 7 seconds before more zombies are able to spawn in.

The main reason I don't like the zombies DayZRP has is because they are endlessly spawning. There's an endless stream of them, you can waste your entire ammo on them and there will just be more around the corner. I'm sure realistically you wouldn't have an infinite number of zombies coming after you (Especially in a small village), there has to be a limit, but with the way the Mod works that's impossible right now. That's the only reason zombies are overpowered, and if you can fix that then I think we'll have a much better experience.

The best solution I can think of right now is add in some sort of spawn delay. The way it works is Zombies spawn in normally, and if you kill all the zombies that have spawned, there is a delay before the next batch of zombies spawn. Zombies when spawned in after the time limit would of course be aggroed against you. Perhaps you could even make the delay proportional to the zombies killed. Example: There are 7 zombies and you kill all of them. That makes it 7 seconds before more zombies are able to spawn in.

That's true. I also think some areas should be clean from zombies, where zombies can't enter or spawn in them such as Stary Sobor Settlement.

In every dayz mod there is a constant spawning of zombies the only one there isn't is stand alone so I don't really understand your issue, zombies should be a threat, there should be a constant threat of more coming not a I killed them now I can loot, it makes no sense and takes away the threat and only leaves you to aware of the threat of players

That's true. I also think some areas should be clean from zombies, where zombies can't enter or spawn in them such as Stary Sobor Settlement.

Why? Why would the 4th biggest city and second highest millitry weapon spawn area have no zombies?

If zombies were removed from stary it would be to easy to gear up there and would just be pointless

Guest MARTiN

Add this attachment/weapon http://puu.sh/7O7Y6.jpg

But on other hand, i would love to see more weapons in the game so its more variated. Because right now its like everybody got same gear, so more weapons of all kinds, rifle, assault rifle, snipers whatever :)