Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 02:34

Whitelisting

Elmo

Should we have Whitelist Reviewers?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Legend

Hey,

I noticed that a lot of pressure was put on the admins of DayZRP to whitelist people as quick as possible whilst the whitelist was shut down due to the sheer amount of applications received due to streamers, Youtubers etc. I feel I had a stroke of genius when I thought of this and trust me, I don't often have brilliant ideas and plans.

How about having a Whitelist Application Reviewer rank to relieve the admins of some serious stress and duties. But Dale, what if these Reviewers decide to just randomly whitelist a blacklisted person or somebody who has failed with their application at least once? Here's my answer, for a first time application, the application does not have to be referred back to the admins, however if a second time application is sent in by a player and their first one failed, an administrators approval would have to be given to the whitelisting application before it was finalized and sent through.

Just an idea :)

If any administrators or any other member of staff reads this I would really love some feedback on why you think this idea is good or bad!

Hmm, I don't think it would be a good idea.

The admins are obviously the most trusted people on the server and I really don't think there are many others that can be given the responsibility of doing this.

Although, they have a lot of work to do, it is for them to do (without sounding rude :P).

It's a no from me :-)

• Legend

Sounds like an episode of the X-Factor ha ha :)

• Legend

It takes a special kind of person to review more than several dozen apps a day. I think my record is between 60 and 80. They ... do things ... to you. It's .... horrible.

• Legend

17/86 in the whitelist review :) I went up 10 places!

• Legend

Personally, I'd like to give the admins a bit of my help because they do a lot for the server and I'd like to give something back to the community by hopefully bringing in new, fun and exciting players whilst keeping out the ones who just whitelist because they think they'll get to play with their favorite streamer and just put in a half-arsed, PoS application that isn't worth an admins time reviewing :)