Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 01:41

Comet Chat Suggestion | Friends List

Should this be added?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At the moment in Comet Chat, you have about 205 users sitting there and you can leave a message to any of them, while I don't see any problems with it now, trolls might bother other people through this or send harmful/virus filled links.

I'm suggesting that we use a sort of friend list similar to Facebook, and how I see it working is just you look up someones forum name, and there would be a feature on there profile saying "Add Friend" and that would send a message to the person you are trying to friend.

Then, the other person gets a message on CometChat/ a PM with a ignore and accept button. Once accepted, you can chat the person away no problem and they'll be on your friends list until you decide to "un-friend" them.

This way, it organizes everything so instead of 200 people to chat with, it's just 30-50 (depending how popular you are) and easier.

Not saying to get rid of chat rooms tho, that can stay obviously.

• Emerald

Perhaps there could be a list at the top, similar to when you have an awaiting friend request on steam, for those people on your DayZRP buddies list. I quite like the idea of having my friends presented to me as opposed to searching 20+ usernames.

EDIT: Something like this:

obZZG67.png