Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 13:40

Removing vehicle parts.

Removing Vehicle Parts should be implemented.  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys! I thought that adding this would help a lot, since I usually find cars with 1 wheel on them and there are times that that is all I need, what do you guys think about this? Should it be implemented? Why or why not?

• Emerald

I would not want this as when we had Epoch servers it was very annoying coming back to a half destroyed vehicle.

Any way tyres are easy to find if you look every where.

Or you could just find a hidden vehicle which is repaired.

• MVP

+1

It would make a lot of sense. We can easily get the tools to repair vehicles so why wouldn't we be able to remove parts?

I can also see the negative side to this. In Epoch it was very common to find your vehicles stranded with all 4 wheels and anything else useful gone. It can be frustrating but it shows we just need to hide our cars better.

• MVP

It was frustrating in Epoch because the vehicles were locked.

In normal RP you would just take the car :)

+1 from me

+1, I see where Owen was coming from, but in Epoch the cars were locked where in the mod they are not.

It would also add some realism to the game, and could possibly make a good backstory for a character that is good with cars as they used to be a car mechanic?

• MVP

Yeah it would be nice to go example to prud park your car there, have some RP and when youre leaving you notice you dont have any wheels anymore. -1

imo if someone can get close enough and take the time to remove a wheel or four then you are doing a awful job protecting it and they could just drive of instead

• Emerald

I suggested this a long time ago and it was shot down because there are ways to dupe the parts.

+1

It would make a lot of sense. We can easily get the tools to repair vehicles so why wouldn't we be able to remove parts?

I can also see the negative side to this. In Epoch it was very common to find your vehicles stranded with all 4 wheels and anything else useful gone. It can be frustrating but it shows we just need to hide our cars better.

Second that.

I like this idea a lot, means you could strip a car bear and take what you wanted makes a lot of sense, only thing I can see happening tho is helis up north with all parts taken off it so no one else can use them other then the clan that hand it before. Maybe only have it on cars and bikes

• Sapphire

I also like this idea because it can be used to secure your vehicle, too.

If you hide your vehicle, you can remove one or two wheels (and before people say its not realistic, you would be able to do it in real life) rather than leaving it knowing that it would likely be driven away shortly thereafter.

I honestly encourage the Devs to consider adding this, I don't know, It might just be me, but I keep running into cars that only have 1 wheels on them, only if I were able to remove the wheels and put them in one...

It was frustrating in Epoch because the vehicles were locked.

In normal RP you would just take the car :)

+1 from me

I second this.

Also, Since my character is a Mechanic it would make for some interesting RP when people ask if anyone can diagnose a clanky engine haha.

Also, It's realistic as we can find tools and parts to repair the cars just laying around, what better place to look for parts than on another vehicle.

• Emerald

As long as it's on cars and cars only +1 from me

Why only on cars? Why not buses, vans and motor cycles?

Guest DeadPlaya

I consider Buses ,vans and all that cars. What I meant was that no choppers or planes and such are involved.

• Emerald

I consider Buses ,vans and all that. What I meant was that no choppers or planes and such are involved.

Ohhhh my bad. Well still, how come?

Guest DeadPlaya

I consider Buses ,vans and all that. What I meant was that no choppers or planes and such are involved.

Ohhhh my bad. Well still, how come?

I don't want to be going around Polana to find car parts only to find out a clan removed all the parts so they can fix it themselves when I'm gone.

• Sapphire

I love this idea. Personally, i believe that i wish we could do it with any car.

• Titanium

Salvaging vehicle parts is great, although I think now after the new patch cars spawn full green or nearly repaired so there isn't much point.