Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 22:45

Battleye Failed to Update

Hello I like many people are having the battleye failed to update problem! I have uninstalled my game and reinstalled I have uninstalled my battleye and reinstalled it. i have manually installed the dll multiple times. When i join into a game is says initializing v1.820 or something around there and then it says your version has been uptated then it just says Battleye updated Restarting... Initialized V1.820... any suggestions anyone? please email me i check my email often!

~ email [email protected]

I had the same problem after the update before the one we just had, each time my battle eye tried to update, my anti-virus went full retard and thought it was a virus.

Since then, I have had to have battle eye on my ignore list on my anti virus software.

Don't know if this helped or even if it is the same kind of problem.

I had the same problem after the update before the one we just had, each time my battle eye tried to update, my anti-virus went full retard and thought it was a virus.

Since then, I have had to have battle eye on my ignore list on my anti virus software.

Don't know if this helped or even if it is the same kind of problem.

No I don't think it is my anti virus because I don't have one running currently and I even tried turning off my windows defender. It's really bugging me I just want to play dayz mod!

Should be Version 1.208

Are you using Steam version or Non-Steam version?

Are you able to log onto other DayZ servers or ARMA 2 servers?

I was using direct ARMA 2 Complete Collection buy from Bohemia and had no luck. I had to re-buy via Steam, with no issues with Battleye.

Edit: I have no issues with Battleye now after buying from Steam.

Should be Version 1.208

Are you using Steam version or Non-Steam version?

Are you able to log onto other DayZ servers or ARMA 2 servers?

I was using direct ARMA 2 Complete Collection buy from Bohemia and had no luck. I had to re-buy via Steam, with no issues with Battleye.

Edit: I have no issues with Battleye now after buying from Steam.

Yes I am using steam version! I had battleye problems before but just installed the .dll file and then it was fine but now it's not helping and it keeps reverting to the old file.

If you are running 1.208, the latest, what should he update to?

You telling hes initialized V1.208, then what?

Do you get kicked by battleye or what?

Do you run Steam and game as administrator?

You could also as a test try forcing ArmA to recreate your player profile.

You can do this by renaming the "...Documents/Arma 3" and "...Documents/Arma 3 - Other Profiles" folders.

Run verify game cache again and then start the game as admin.

If it breaks something else then rename the folders back to what they were beforehand.

If you are running 1.208, the latest, what should he update to?

You telling hes initialized V1.208, then what?

Do you get kicked by battleye or what?

Do you run Steam and game as administrator?

You could also as a test try forcing ArmA to recreate your player profile.

You can do this by renaming the "...Documents/Arma 3" and "...Documents/Arma 3 - Other Profiles" folders.

Run verify game cache again and then start the game as admin.

If it breaks something else then rename the folders back to what they were beforehand.

No I use the .dll file and update to the newest battleye but it keep reverting to an old version I looked back at it and it keeps going back to version 1.182 and it won't update if I sit in a lobby it says it updates but it keeps going back to 1.182

Sounds like update lacks proper permissions to write update.

Sure you running Steam/game as Admin?

Yeah I'm not currently home but I will try it again when I get home! I just find it weird that it is saying it's updating then doesn't actually update.

Thats just a progress message, doesnt mean he actually does it, he tries for all i know.

I will follow this thread until it solved, also do some searching.

Sounds like update lacks proper permissions to write update.

Sure you running Steam/game as Admin?

Yeah I'm not currently home but I will try it again when I get home! I just find it weird that it is saying it's updating then doesn't actually update.

Thats just a progress message, doesnt mean he actually does it, he tries for all i know.

I will follow this thread until it solved, also do some searching.

Thank you very much! I've been having this problem for a few weeks and I emailed battleye but they take forever to respond and help so thank you guys very much! It's much appreciated.

• Emerald

From my experiences all you have to do is keep joining a mp server till it updates.

From my experiences all you have to do is keep joining a mp server till it updates.

I've been trying for the last week or so and no server has worked for me yet.

I have found no fix yet but when I do I can email you?

This link may or may not be relevant for a fix but its worth a try.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-solved-battleye-failed-to-update

There is another folder located in appdata that you have to add the BE update to.

If you cant find your AppData folder easiest way to locate both battleye programs is to go the the start menu and just search battle eye.

Hopefully this works

This link may or may not be relevant for a fix but its worth a try.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-solved-battleye-failed-to-update

There is another folder located in appdata that you have to add the BE update to.

If you cant find your AppData folder easiest way to locate both battleye programs is to go the the start menu and just search battle eye.

Hopefully this works

Good find Rampage, information was closer then I was looking for.

The saying, "use the search funtion" does now also apply for me.

I do think this could be the problemsolver.

If not, then I do have some other suggestions we can try.

I will follow this thread with interest.

C:\users\your user name\appdata\local\and the game version\battleye

This actually worked perfectly! I just had to unhide some of my folders to find it! thank you guys so much!

Did the solution that Rampage posted fix your problem OP?

This fix actually worked perfectly and if you need any help doing this please tell me I will happily help you!

C:\users\your user name\appdata\local\and the game version\battleye

This actually worked perfectly! I just had to unhide some of my folders to find it! thank you guys so much!

Did the solution that Rampage posted fix your problem OP?

This fix actually worked perfectly and if you need any help doing this please tell me I will happily help you!

My pleasure.

Solved.

Awesome glad to hear that this solution worked. Took me a while to find it but with google and our wonderful Search function I was able to find something. Glad it worked!!! If you ever need anything never hesitate to ask. Good luck!! :)

/solved