Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 18:19

KoS and Ambushing

A few minutes before I wrote this, 2 people were talking on the shoutbox about being robbed. One of them could've ambushed the bandit, but how is this handled? Could there be specific circumstances where killing without contact can be allowed? For instance, a person is being robbed, and another person wants to help the person being robbed without being attacked himself. Can this be allowed?

• MVP

I believe only way to ambush a robbers is to predict thier roberry or make them rob you on your terms/ground. In both occasions,before hand you set up snipers/people on overwatch who will shoot the unsuspecting robber as soon as they initiate hostile act. You dont need to be a criminal mastermind to trick people into it, works fairly with many people and clans :)

I believe only way to ambush a robbers is to predict thier roberry or make them rob you on your terms/ground. In both occasions,before hand you set up snipers/people on overwatch who will shoot the unsuspecting robber as soon as they initiate hostile act. You dont need to be a criminal mastermind to trick people into it, works fairly with many people and clans :)

Yes, that's what those two guys were also talking about, but what if you're solo?

• MVP

What AssociateGodfrey said, if you are alone and robbers are stronger in numbers then in 99% of occasions you are screwed. Only thing that can makes the odds even is terrain,gear,experience.

Still, seeing how easy it is to die your odds are slim. That's why I recommend everyone to play in small groups, not only clans. Game play enjoyment rises with more people you play with :)

• MVP

It's a tricky one and hard thing to do. Considering that by ambush, you mean shooting at a person who is not suspecting swift revenge.Only way to achieve that is to provoke that person to make a hostile action towards you.

If you are alone, only way I see to do it is to make a set up with a vehicle/tent. Leave a vehicle/tent in open spot with some hard to resist loot. If you see a person accesing gear/driving away you may shoot. The best way to do it though would be screenshoot(video of whole event would be even better) the gear (tent/vehicle before and victim of ambush later). To have some evidence of stealing.

I have never tried this as this is a really sticky one and I would advise not do it due to problems it might bring. Ambushed person might not take anything at all and get killed (thus you will get a KoS punishment) or just think it was a KoS due to no contact/thinking that vehicle/tent was abandoned (Report mess ).

When report would be up, you would need to explain whole plot with evidence and its only up to GM to decide whether it was ok or not. Without such evidence it would be hard not to consider your actions as a KoS - but thats only my humble POV.

Technically, if you find something that is not yours, should make you cautious. Touching not your property simply can get you in trouble and I would accept my death in such scenario. Can't say the same about other people.