Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:46

New Gaming Mouse?

Ruffboi

Hi there, community.

I was wondering if anyony here could help me out, deciding on a new gaming mouse I'm going to buy.

Currently I have a Razer Copperhead, though it's getting quite old, so the mouse buttons are a bit tricky (double-clicking, stuff like that). I like to play FPS games (Far Cry 3, Battlefield etc), third persons (like Assassin's Creed and such), DayZ of course, Minecraft and a lot more.

Does anyone know a good gaming mouse I should choose? Money's not an issue. I don't use macros as much (since I never figure out how it'd be useful for me), so I don't need one with a ton of buttons and such.

Razer Abyssus is a good mouse for like $50 USD on amazon is really great. Has no Macro buttons but is fast and great.

Well, my own has four buttons, two on each side. On the right side, I can adjust the speed, which is pretty nice.

The two buttons on the left can do different things, like.. In a browser, it functions as forward and backward-buttons. In WoW, one of the buttons toggles auto-run. That's pretty nice to have :P

I'm using currently using Logitech G300, has macros and some other cool features. Costs about ~40€ depends where you're buying, just google it, I'm too lazy to tell what it has on :D

I'm using currently using Logitech G300, has macros and some other cool features. Costs about ~40€ depends where you're buying, just google it, I'm too lazy what it has on :D

Using this one too, it is small but it is easy to get used to

I'm using currently using Logitech G300, has macros and some other cool features. Costs about ~40€ depends where you're buying, just google it, I'm too lazy what it has on :D

Using this one too, it is small but it is easy to get used to

How big of an upgrade would it be, though, besides the unfunctioning mouse buttons? I see that the Logitech G300 has 1ms reactiontime, and so has the Copperhead. It has an additional two buttons, but still.. Both high-end laser technology, too.

Also, I don't put my whole hand on the mouse. I've noticed, that I only use the finger tips to click on the bottom-side of the two mouse buttons and quickly move it around, instead of moving my whole hand around, so it'd be nice with a mouse that's a bit lighter :P

I suggest the Logitech G500.

Adjust DPI with a special button (3 different levels), Mousewheel with fastcroll option, back/forward button to fast move trough websites (useable for makros ingame) extra weights and its optical with a cabel.

Ok ima Logitech fanboy but these mice are so reliable, easy to use, no 500 makro buttons and it lies comfortably in the hand.

If youre interested:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/gaming-mouse-g500?crid=7

I suggest the Logitech G500.

Adjust DPI with a special button (3 different levels), Mousewheel with fastcroll option, back/forward button to fast move trough websites (useable for makros ingame) extra weights and its optical with a cabel.

Ok ima Logitech fanboy but these mice are so reliable, easy to use, no 500 makro buttons and it lies comfortably in the hand.

If youre interested:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/gaming-mouse-g500?crid=7

Yeah, I'd been looking at that. My buddy told me it's pretty great, too. He has one.

Does anyone have any intel on the mouse? No go or should I get that?

Guest WaltteriH

I am using Logitech G300. It has 5 DPI settings, 3 different modes (Gaming, Working and Media modes), 3 makro buttons, feels good in hand and it is symmetrical (left handed people have the exact same feeling on the mouse)...

Well, if you want a mouse for a variety of different games, I suggest the Rat 9. Pretty customisable, unlike other mice (Hand size and such, you can change it to adjust it for yourself) but it does take a little while to get used to. It's got your fancy customisable buttons, but also customisable DPI and a good software system (Which I think is what you're after?) You can create different profiles for different games and you certainly do seem to play a variety. (Me to :P)

Anyway, I hope you can take that one into account, quite a nice mouse if you ask me. If you like Razer though, I would thoroughly suggest the Naga Epic, great software again, except with more clicky buttons and flashy lights.

Link to Rat 9 page: http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

i have a logitech g400. not the best but very reliable.

i don't have any macros on it but i did change one of the thumb buttons to "DPI Shift" so it lowers my dpi and gives me more precise control when sniping while holding it in. i can still spin around pretty fast, then push the button in and line up my shot.

the g500 has too many buttons too close to the left click for my tastes. my girlfriend loves it though, she uses the extra buttons for WoW and Tera.

I got the Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Edition. It's REALLY good.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-mamba

Only downside is the price. The price is worth it in my opinion though.

It might look confusing with the recharging dock, but you decide if you want to play with wire or wireless, and it takes no time to switch between them.

Myeah well, the Mamba 2012 is a bit better than the G500, but considering the Mamba is about 150$ and the G500 is about 60$, I think I'd go with the G500.