Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 06:11

Fishing in ponds?

Husky

• Sapphire

I was just wondering if this was something that would be possible to implement?

I personally have always thought how nice it would be to just sit around a lake with some buddies and what not and just fish instead of having to go to the sea every time, so is this thing possible or not? :)

- Husky

• Sapphire

In b4 everyone standing around Prud fishing.

Well they would have to go all the way to the coast first to find some rods :D

• Sapphire

Well they would have to go all the way to the coast first to find some rods :D

Larger ponds sure, but certainly not Prud.

There would be nothing left there by now if people had fishing rods.

True, I'm thinking lakes like Black lake, willow lake etc etc.

is vegan/vegetarian.

Which one are you then?

well vegan but as you can't check the ingridiences in-game, i will say both somehow, that's the best i can do.

And if i'm in a really bad shape and almost dying, then i will eat the dried meat i have in my backpack for exactly this emergency(it's pretty difficult to find vegan food in-game :D).

• MVP

Fishing in ponds would be amazing, I don't know if there's a way to add it though.

Would be fun to have a fishing contest at Prud if it was implemented! :D

In b4 everyone standing around Prud fishing.

I'd love to see that.

You walk into Prud (for once it isn't being robbed), you see people conversing around the fire and others fishing in the lake.

Brilliant.

I'd love to see this implemented!

If any devs say it's possible, then be sure to make a poll as well.

I'm pretty sure this is doable, just have tweak some things with the fishing road setting and what not. I will talk to the other devs about this and see if it can be done, but the chance if catching a fish from the lack would have to be lowered as after time the fish would go from the lakes and ponds.

Just don't go fishing at gubba I heard they did some funky experiments down there in the water.

Connor

I'm pretty sure this is doable, just have tweak some things with the fishing road setting and what not. I will talk to the other devs about this and see if it can be done, but the chance if catching a fish from the lack would have to be lowered as after time the fish would go from the lakes and ponds.

Just don't go fishing at gubba I heard they did some funky experiments down there in the water.

Connor

Lower than it already is? What are the chances in the sea already? Because it's pretty damn hard to catch them there!

Connor

Lower than it already is? What are the chances in the sea already? Because it's pretty damn hard to catch them there!

if you fish on a boat out at sea you have a higher chance

if you fish on a boat out at sea you have a higher chance

Didn't know that, thanks :P

Won't you have to change what fish you can catch in the Pond as well, I've done my fair bit of fishing but I'm not extremely well informed. I don't know what fish you can catch now, but I don't think you'd find them in the lakes/ponds as well as the sea.

• Emerald

I would love to catch fish in ponds! Just not Prud as said before.

• Legend

Yea I would like to be able to fish in ponds and lakes. Still remember the first time I went fishing in Dayz

• Sapphire

Connor

Thank you, please update in this thread if you find out if it's possible or not :)