Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 19:48

Rubber banding when logging in?

Hello everyone, thanks for taking you're time reading this post! recently the last 2 days when i have logged in on server 1 and 2 i have been rubber banded A LONG WAY, for example! i ran from the NW airfield and was heading for the camp at ZUB making a quick stop at Kabanino meeting some people and looting some buildings. i ran and ran and ran, then i take a quick break about 20/40min to eat some food! and when i logg on to server 1 i realize i have been Rubber banded back to Kabanino???? sitting there like a question mark i shrugged and keept on running and went back to the place i am 100Percent sure i logged out Zub and did not think more about this. and after taking a quick break again for about 2 hours, i logg on into server 2 and guess what? now i am in Kabanino again!

just wondering have any of you had this problem before? and do you know why it just happens to me?

• Sapphire

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-support-template-use-this-format-when-creating-a-thread

Question/Problem:

Is the problem on the Mod or Standalone:

Does this problem occur on other public DayZ/ArmA/SA servers as well:

How long have you had this problem:

What have you done to fix this already:

:)

• MVP

The only thing I can think of here is that if you've lagged, the server has lagged or desynced then it could have made you reset back a bit.

The only thing I can think of here is that if you've lagged, the server has lagged or desynced then it could have made you reset back a bit.

Yeah that might be true, but i was neither lagging and the server did seem to run smoothly.^^

• MVP

Yeah that might be true, but i was neither lagging and the server did seem to run smoothly.^^

No idea then as that's usually the official problem for this issue. Someone else may have a better answer for you but that's all I can think of. Sorry.

• MVP

As posted pleased the template provided.

Specifically it would of answered my question-

Mod or standalone?

• Emerald

If there is a broken chain on the bottom right of your screen, it means you are desyncing. Did loot spawn on your travel from kabanino to zub?

I think it's mainly to due with the server problems, lots of lag and people not being able to get in.

• MVP

If there is a broken chain on the bottom right of your screen, it means you are desyncing. Did loot spawn on your travel from kabanino to zub?

I think it's mainly to due with the server problems, lots of lag and people not being able to get in.

That's what I was trying to say. I've never had it personally but I suppose that's what happens when the servers have been playing up lately.

That's what I was trying to say. I've never had it personally but I suppose that's what happens when the servers have been playing up lately.

Im lagging as hell on server. i got bad internet connection and PC, im desyncing almost all the time but this never happened to me.

• MVP

The problem is on the mod! not the stnadlaone!:o and i will try it today and see if anything have changed if not i will come back to you.

Ok, I thought it was on the Mod anyway as you're referring to it happening when you're playing DayZRP.

Also, try it later on and keep an eye on your internet please. Make sure there's no major jumps in your ping or if you lag, then log out and log back in after the lag/desync has gone to see if you're rubber banded back to somewhere you was before.

The problem is on the mod! not the stnadlaone!:o and i will try it today and see if anything have changed if not i will come back to you.

Ok, I thought it was on the Mod anyway as you're referring to it happening when you're playing DayZRP.

Also, try it later on and keep an eye on your internet please. Make sure there's no major jumps in your ping or if you lag, then log out and log back in after the lag/desync has gone to see if you're rubber banded back to somewhere you was before.

Seem to work now it have not happened a singel time todayo,o wiiierdxD

• MVP

So, there was actually no solution except waiting?

So, there was actually no solution except waiting?

i guess so? i have no idea.. if this happens again i will come back to all of you, trying to resolve this issue.

• Emerald

quick question, did you by any chance break your leg in kabanino. Whenever I break my leg and log out within a 30 minute period, I get set back to where I broke my leg

• Sapphire

It is because the data-base registers your last know location. Meaning (Example): when you passed out, that's where they registered you last. And when the server lags, it takes longer for them to register your location, meaning if you log out, it may have only registered your location of when you passed out. Hope this helps :)

Glad to see you are not having these issues any more. I think everyone at one time or another has experienced this issue. Usually you can chalk it up to lag or desync. However, if this issues comes back and begins happening more frequently just let us know.

Thanks

Marking as solved