Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 06:20

A Sign at Prud with information about other settlements

As we all know, everyone (exaggeration of course) hangs around Prud at the moment, and not many people move away from it.

My suggestion would be a sign at Prud with suggestions of other settlements to visit, and only include 2 or 3 so people aren't too spread out. It could be in a zombie apocalypse survivor-made sign fashion.

If this was implemented it could spread people out a lot better, and make playing for everyone more interesting.

EDIT: Also, over time, the sign could change which ones it advertises, if there are new ones implemented.

• Emerald

There are barely any settlements good for RP. Only good ones I can think of are Prud and radio station. UVB is a bit out of the way and the other player camps too

EDIT: Maybe once they add settlements there could be signs on the highways like instead of the commercial signs you have a sign saying go to cords " etc etc " Those who arrive survive. - Obviously not stolen from walking dead. I like the concept of this idea.

• MVP

Either have it at Prud due to lots of people going there or have them dotted around main cities and airfield to make sure that people who don't go to Prud can see this information as well.

• MVP

Gunna have to say no to this one sorry.

Custom textures like that bloat the mission file tons which is why the ones at Ravens etc were removed.

• MVP

Gunna have to say no to this one sorry.

Custom textures like that bloat the mission file tons which is why the ones at Ravens etc were removed.

Always have to ruin it! - Kidding. I'd rather have a smooth server over a billboard :D

As much as I like the idea custom images in the mission file take up space, maybe someone could photoshop the map and place markers and details about settlements. And it could be added to the main settlement thread maybe rather then a in game thing

Guest John Le Bear

Since custom textures take up too much space, what if someone was to re texture a sign post or something similar? Would that be okay if it was done correctly?

Since custom textures take up too much space, what if someone was to re texture a sign post or something similar? Would that be okay if it was done correctly?

I wouldn't see a problem with a small sign but something dead small how are you going to read it?

Guest John Le Bear

I wouldn't see a problem with a small sign but something dead small how are you going to read it?

The sign size wouldn't matter, there are around five objects in the editor that i can think of that could be re-textures/re-skined into something else, such as what the OP wants.

It really comes down to who knows how to do it and who wants to do it.

Guest whitepointer

If the sign is not possible, why not just go down to Prud and preach the word of other camps?

If you're wanting the player base to spread out across the map, yet not everyone knows about other locations, just tell everyone where and what is that these different locations.

If you tell someone, i'm sure they will tell others as well (not everyone of course). The word would spread eventually.

• Sapphire

I don't know. I don't like the idea, I don't see the in character reason for one to be there. In due course more camps are being added so more people will start to leave Prud. Don't worry.