Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 11:09

Less guns, lower spawnrate on guns

I want a lower spawnrate on guns  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's quite unrealistic in a zombie apocalypse to have so many guns lying around everywhere and then there are all those weaponpacks that have been added and will be added in the future.

I'd say, lets take it back a level and make the game a bit more realistic by lowering the spawnrate of weapons drastically. I see everyone run around with Call of Duty weapons and its getting ridiculous. Where are the good old days when an M16 Acog was rare? I miss that.

Everyone running around with high-grade weapons with attachments and all that stuff just seems very unrealistic. To make this mod more realistic and also promoto RP, I think reducing the spawns of weapons overall and making high-grade weapons extremely rare, will be very good for the overall quality of this game.

Also, when you find a gun, it would be nice when the ammo has a variable where it can be full, 3/4, half full, 1/4 full etc. You know, make it more realistic.

What do you guys think?

• Sapphire

+1

It is true. Also most super rare guns are stashed away anyways. Additionally, maybe make the magazines that spawn with the guns just half empty or not completely full?

+1

It is true. Also most super rare guns are stashed away anyways. Additionally, maybe make the magazines that spawn with the guns just half empty or not completely full?

Thats a good idea man, I'll add it to the OP :)

+1

I Feel that there is a very low value on life because of how easy it is to get high value weapons on this game. Hell someone GAVE me an LMG the other day. Not that I'm not appreciative but something like that should be highly cherished not just handed away. I see a lot of people take a high risk situation very lightly because of how easy it is to arm up.

• MVP

Not commenting on the suggestion as a whole but the idea of my weapon suggestions is that there are less military guns and more civ style ones. There would be lots of old rifles, shotguns and pistols etc but hardly any DMRs for instance. That is hopefully what we will achieve.

• Emerald

I want both, less military high grade and more civ weapons like hunting rifles, shotguns. Chernarus is a rural farming community. There would be ways to hunt, and protect livestock.

While the military did come to help during the outbreak and during the fall of the USSR, military weapons would be rare, but older military surplus would be around.

• Sapphire

I want both, less military high grade and more civ weapons like hunting rifles, shotguns. Chernarus is a rural farming community. There would be ways to hunt, and protect livestock.

This. Would be perfect

• Emerald

I will agree with this but then i think we should get a Hunting weapon pack or just something that looks like something civs could have in reality

• MVP

Agreed.

Fewer guns*

Erm, I don't think I agree, because when the servers are full it takes ages to find any decent weapons plus:

- Bandits die more than any other players, and you could argue they need to be able to stock back up as quickly as possible.

- Having copious weapons allows people to get a weapon they're happy with and then not worry about gear therefore more RP, which we of course promote!

• MVP

You know what.. I'm going to be that guy that says: I would LOVE for weapons to become rare and along with that ammunition. It's something that not now but eventually in the future can be implemented.

You guys have to understand that we're wasting lots of ammunition daily and logically, realistically speaking, it would have to run out. After all we don't have a group that works on creating ammunition (hint hint interesting group idea? :P )

I personally think it would be AWESOME if we had groups going at each other with hatches, blades, crowbars and a like. I wish there were bows and other types of primitive weaponry available so we could eventually use that.

Maybe in a perfect world on DayZ standalone.

Well, i think it wouldn't change much, even if the spawnrates of military gear would be lowered drastically.

The gearhungry people will still roaming the map until they have found what they want and the roleplay heavy people will still run around with winchesters, shotguns and rifles.

I mean, there are 5 restarts each day and every restart has new crashsides so this suggestion will server the "more rp" aspect just as much as the monthly serverwipe idea, both would just "punish" smaller groups/loners or people who don't care that much about gear but still want some stuff wich fits their character.

Yes to rarer military weapons, but not until there is a wider variety of civ weapons.

Or keep the gun spawn rate at similar level to what it is now and just make the ammo for them rarer. After all the military would have been in Chernarus to drop their weapons, but its been well over a year and the ammunition would be depleted by now.

• Emerald

A big yes! or else make ammo so rare as possible as it isnt getting produced anymore.

• Emerald

I'd love to be put in the situation where people need to rob others with empty guns or hatchets. It'd be cool (and equally tedious for the devs, no doubt) if ammo slowly became rarer and rarer as time goes on.

If tamaster's weapon list gets added I'd love to see a decrease or borderline non-existence on military-grade hardware.

I'd love to be put in the situation where people need to rob others with empty guns or hatchets. It'd be cool (and equally tedious for the devs, no doubt) if ammo slowly became rarer and rarer as time goes on.

If tamaster's weapon list gets added I'd love to see a decrease or borderline non-existence on military-grade hardware.

Yeah indeed, I also think that replacing the current weapons with a bit more realistic weapons-pack would be awesome. Guns like DMR, Mk48 mod etc. just don't fit in this kind of RP world imo.

• MVP

You know what.. I'm going to be that guy that says: I would LOVE for weapons to become rare and along with that ammunition. It's something that not now but eventually in the future can be implemented.

You guys have to understand that we're wasting lots of ammunition daily and logically, realistically speaking, it would have to run out. After all we don't have a group that works on creating ammunition (hint hint interesting group idea? :P )

I personally think it would be AWESOME if we had groups going at each other with hatches, blades, crowbars and a like. I wish there were bows and other types of primitive weaponry available so we could eventually use that.

I luv dis <3

I luv dis <3

Yeah i also want rp to be more like this. :D

Guest Maggorra

Its, because its been a while since last database wipe. Good weapons only get lost if a clan gets killed right before restart. The spawn drops are just fine.

+ 1 for wipe!

And by this logic, we have to remove all the food and drink spawns, all gasoline, almost all the the animals.

Just saying.

Ps. Im up for it, if we can have cannibalism added. :)

Yeah and is so bad RP that you repawn when you die. It should just be a hardcore server.. 1 life if you die you are banned 4LYFE!