Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:54

Primary Account Banned - Using TOR

Guest Brother Mason

Guest Brother Mason

Link to report : N/A - Tried to log in on my account some time ago, and got the You're Banned flash video. Grit Sullivan is the primary account.

Why the verdict is not fair : I'm not saying it isn't fair per say.. but rather I didn't know that the use of such was a violation of the rules. If I broke a known rule, posted or otherwise, then I broke a rule. It is what it is.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) : I occasionally use TOR to get around a WatchGuard filter at my work, which blocks game forums and the like. I looked through the forums and rules and didn't see any indication that use of proxy services were bannable offenses (this being after the fact, just to see what I had missed).

Of course, I fully understand WHY you might ban them - lots of websites don't like them. Had I known, I would never have used it to access the site.

It's been awhile since I bothered logging into the site or game - as at the time there were some problems with the servers. So I am only just now noticing the ban.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal : Ideally, I'd like to get my account unbanned if possible (Grit Sullivan). If not, then maybe it might be stated plainly in the rules to avoid others making the same mistake in the future.

What could you have done better? I won't be using TOR to access the site in the future.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

• Legend

No. Your previous account, TheWanderer, was banned for using a TOR node. You knew full well that TOR nodes are not allowed. You also failed to mention that you hold not one, but two permanently banned accounts. We don't appreciate having our time wasted. For this reason, and many others, this appeal is Denied.