Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 19:47

Bring back Ravens Nest?

Bring back, bring back, oh bring back my darling to me to me!  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you've been here for a while, you probably know the Ravens Nest, Chernarus top 1 pub for survivors across the wasteland.

If not, you can take a look at these threads.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-ravens-nest-friday-nights

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-black-bazaar-the-black-market-of-chernarus

A grand majority of people on the community has longed for this pub to be rebuilt on Chernarussian soil, including me and the rest of the ravens.

Let us see if people still feel the same and if our dear admins and developers would agree upon it being rebuilt.

I hold all the arma 2/dayzrp mod + map files for the settlement at the state of the time it was active.

I need that cold, home brewed, Rabbit Man Beer!

• Diamond

No you suck.. It's full of hacks and ugly stuff...

On a serious note I think we should.. Raven's used to be the center of the world.. literally.. It need to be back :)

• Sapphire

Yes but the old ravens nest. I felt to trapped in the new one to have a good time.

Yes but the old ravens nest. I felt to trapped in the new one to have a good time.

I think we can make some adjustments to it.

If we get this through, I'll be taking suggestions from anyone who wants to put ideas in for it

I never went there but i think it was quite nice(even if i only could have seen the newer version of it).

In all we need more "settlements"/player hubs so the tension spreads abit over the map...and we could establish the traderoutes mace had in mind.

Do we have a new map-developing person yet?

I would say yes, it brings back many fond memories. Also something that happened to me IC at ravens nest led to the inspiration of me creating the watchers.

• Emerald

never had a chance to visit Ravens Nest but love to see it come back

• Legend

Also just realized this is in the standalone suggestions.. so Ravens nest on DayZRP SA server?? :troll:

• Sapphire

Hell to the yes from me! The server is lacking a good group run camp. The only camps at the moment are all neutral zones with no CRs. We need some CR camps and Raven's Nest was one of my favourites! +1

• Sapphire

I'd love it back, but honestly I'd like to see it in a city (similar to the original one, Berezino). Although, I remember you saying you'd never have it in there again.

Guest Ketamine

As much as I loved the ravens nest, this is a no from me, you guys are just too inactive, it would just turn into a place for civs and big bandit groups to rob people. If you guys where more active, then possibly but at this state no, and you scheme to be brings new projects to the table every month so I couldn't see it happening. But then again standalone is a clean slate.

• MVP

I'd love to see it back. Was the main place I used to go for interaction with other players.

• Sapphire

Are you guys thinking of making it just a camp like the original where you weren't fully CRs or actually being CRs where you would do it with another clan?

Are you guys thinking of making it just a camp like the original where you weren't fully CRs or actually being CRs where you would do it with another clan?

I think our first priority is to make it for the firday nights. Settlement, not so much I think

Guest John Le Bear

As much as I loved the ravens nest, this is a no from me, you guys are just too inactive, it would just turn into a place for civs and big bandit groups to rob people. If you guys where more active, then possibly but at this state no, and you scheme to be brings new projects to the table every month so I couldn't see it happening. But then again standalone is a clean slate.

Basically this, apart from the last part. I dont see Standalone as a clean slate, all its just a new environment for the same people.

The last time the Ravens Nest was back it was hyped up so much, but RSM was hardly ever there and the place became full of trolls and was attacked constantly due to lack of protection.

Overall No. You had multiple chances and provided poor results.

• Legend

I disagree. Every time I've been there, whether RSM has been there or not, there was someone, or some group of randoms working to maintain order. True, without CR rights, they had a harder time of it, but someone always thought it was worth the trouble.

OK, maybe not always, but more often than not. And when it was randoms just trying to keep order, it provided some of the better RP I've seen in that place. (Not to dis RSM's RP - I seldom saw them there. Timezones maybe?)

• Sapphire

I agree with Sin. Everytime I was there there was RP going on, okay that's good but there usually were trolls around as well. Also, the times when civilians tried to keep order in this place while R.S.M. was not there/offline I experienced decent RP there. I suggest to bring it back, but as a PCB, because clans and groups can fight over these places which can deliver a more dynamic RP from time to time.

ISOA is a good example: they claimed a PCB for themselves and to me it delivered RP because I walk around as a trader and inhabitated places are the best places for this kind of RP. Also other civilians might tag along because they heard about it from e.g. a trader they've met and it might become a meeting point for people to exchange stories and a place for RP in general.

Tl;Dr: No to Raven's Nest as Settlement, but yes to Raven's nest as PCB.

• Emerald

Would be nice to have it back. It's a lovely thing to visit and it's safer than Prud, in a sense. It would certainly require RSM to be very active, though.

BHM need somewhere to attack visit :)