Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 15:17

Bad Serial ERROR

There might be a problem with the registry files.to fix those,there is a handy guide on the official forum.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138564

This deals with various possibilities for your error,hope that helps

edit: also try:

ERROR: "Bad Serial Number Given on Setup" or "Invalid or Missing Serial Number"

SOLUTION 1: Close Steam, then run as administrator. Run ARMA 2. Run ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

SOLUTION 2: Delete a file called "localconfig.vdf" in .\Steam\userdata\#\config

The # is a series of digits that varies depending on your account. (If you've had multiple accounts active through your computer.) Restart Steam and run it as administrator.

SOLUTION 3:

1. Uninstall A2/A2:OA entirely. (Including the folders in registry.)

2. Close Steam.

3. Run Steam as administrator and reinstall the games.

WHY: (solution 1) Steam writes your serial numbers into your registry , but cannot do it if it doesn't have the rights to edit registry. Running both games means that Steam will re-write both serial numbers for both games. That way DayZ will work the next time you try to play it.

Guest Astycc

This should be in the guides/tutorials section, I had this problem and it sort of just fixed itself over time, no idea why, but I couldn't find anything good back then, so cool that you posted this. Good job.

Guest Pandi

Moving to Guides and Tutorials.

Guys, when something needs moving, instead of just saying it, report the thread and put in the reason as 'thread needs moving'. The report button isn't used as much as it should be used.

• 4 months later...
  • Sapphire

Very nice, I think a lot of people will find this very useful.