Server time (UTC): 2021-10-20 07:01

Rule change/moving rule locations

Guest Phalix

About the Change clothes Rule  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Phalix

In the Rules, if you look under "stay in character", at the very bottom, it speaks about how you if you switch clothing you lose KOS/Revenge rights.

"If you change skins or otherwise conceal your identity you immediately lose all previously gained KoS/Revenge rights."

I feel like this should either be removed completely or at least moved into the KoS rule category.

*cough* An incident happened where I was about to get revenge on a group of people, due to them robbing me some minutes prior. As I seem them come towards me in the UAZ, my adrenaline pumps, so I take a few seconds to quickly glance over the KoS rules to make sure I'm allowed to shoot them. The fact the "change clothes losses KoS" rules was under "stay in character" and not "KoS", I, in turn, broke a rule.

Hmm, I don't think it should be removed because due to game mechanics if you change clothes there is literally no way to know who someone is. I agree though that it should be placed under the KOS section though.

Guest Phalix

Hmm, I don't think it should be removed because due to game mechanics if you change clothes there is literally no way to know who someone is. I agree though that it should be placed under the KOS section though.

But if you speak/type/seem suspicious, the robbers can easily identify you. So it's a lose-lose scenario either way.

• Emerald

I agree with Burgz, there is absolutely no way of telling who the person is unless you already gained ID. You cannot see or recognize their faces, so it is nearly impossible to tell who that person is.

Its like saying its okay to logout and change your name, they'll never notice. Not a good idea in my opinion, rules are fine how they are.

Agreed that it should be placed under the KOS section for realization of the rule.

• Sapphire

I think it should be in both sections.

It is about staying in character, you won't just change clothing.

Also it is a matter for the KOS you have on another person.

• MVP

This was abused a lot a few months ago.

Someone would gain KoS rights, leave, change skin then re-engage the other party and in cases more than one person would do this.

I don't think we need it to be changed or moved anywhere. People who read the rules fully should understand that changing clothes negates KoS rights.

In your situation Felix I know that you only read the KoS rules quickly but the skin changing rule is not a new addition. It has been part of the rules for a while now.

• Emerald

I'm not 100% sure but sometimes when you change a skin your face changes so in other peoples eyes you are a completely different person. So i think it should stay as it is because everyone should know the rule where ever it is, in the rule page as you should have read and understand every rule in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Legend

I can agree to the changing of its location. I must admit it would be my preferred location.

Removing it however I would say no.

In some incidents i think the rule should be ignored if the person who changed cloths was not visible to the people he was shooting as IC it wouldn't matter, so my vote is to change it to roleplay over ruleplay