Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:07

Wanted: Map Developer

Roland

• Server Manager

A new spot in the staff has opened up, with the removal of Kakan from the position of our dedicated map developer we are looking for a new talented person to join the staff ranks.

As the map developer you will be in charge of modifying and keeping server mission files up to date with Trade Post, settlements, PCBs, structures, events and any custom additions to the map. We require good experience with the ArmA2 editor as well as some basic editor scripting abilities. Your secondary tasks are similar to CHs and moderators - helping answering more complicated questions in the support forums and on the TeamSpeak.

Requirements, as for all staff are:

- Mature, responsible, reliable

- No major warnings issued

To apply, send me PM containing a demo - screenshots from the editor of a creation of your choice, it can be a camp, PCB or even a settlement if you're feeling brave. Watermark your screenshots with your username.

The position is to be filled ASAP, so we will be recruiting on first come-first served basis, don't wait too long with your submissions!

Neom for map dev.

His talent is great!

Looking at what he did with UVB,Caprile and the house shows he is very versatile :)

And thank you for your work kakan !

large.gif

• Emerald

Neom for map dev.

His talent is great!

Looking at what he did with UVB,Caprile and the house shows he is very versatile :)

large.gif

Thank you for all the support I got :)

4Uc0sXS.gif

And btw UVB was built by me from scratch, he never sent me the files so I looked at some photos from his early version and built it

Neom for map dev.

His talent is great!

large.gif

Thank you for all the support I got :)

4Uc0sXS.gif

And btw UVB was built by me from scratch, he never sent me the files so I looked at some photos from his early version and built it

Yes you may have rebuilt it but the initial idea was mine, I didn't send you the files yes coz like I said I deleted them, but you did a great job of recreating it.

Thank you to the people that put my name forward

• Emerald

Whole

Caprile layout was mine I don't even know what you're talking about.... The whole brotherhood area was like 1/7 of caprile and then again it was rebuilt so mostly nothing was left of your original idea.

But we don't need to discuss it because all involved people know it

Oh Kakan, i didn't know you are not a map-developer anymore, that makes me kind of sad. :I

But thanks for all the great work you did. :)

On the Topic: Daniel for Map-Developer as he has a good knowledge of the Editor and quite some nice ideas.

But Neom is pretty good as well.

Guest Astycc

Thank you Kakan for all the time you spent on settlements and other map editions, o7.

I would have to say Daniel personally, but that's just me, good luck to whoever gets the job!

I would suggest Neom. He has many great ideas to build and just needs the motivation to build them. If he became a developer, then I believe this motivation would give him the boost he needs to pump out his designs. (This is not because he is a good friend, as I have many good friends who could be a dev. This is purely from what I have seen from him)

Suggesting people is all fine and dandy but that doesn't mean they want to become the Map Developer. There are probably some genius' on the forum that would do a great job but they may not want to contribute the time and effort. I think that this thread is more for people who want to become part of the dev team rather than blinding suggesting people.

• MVP

Suggesting people is all fine and dandy but that doesn't mean they want to become the Map Developer. There are probably some genius' on the forum that would do a great job but they may not want to contribute the time and effort. I think that this thread is more for people who want to become part of the dev team rather than blinding suggesting people.

This.

I'd so be up for this job if I wasnt a GM already, messing around with the editor is fun.

• MVP

Is that all Kakan done? :troll:

As I've discovered, it can be a looot of work, so I wouldnt say "Is that all?". :P

I tried designing a few things recently and I had a new-found respect for the work that map developers do. It isnt always easy or quick to design a place with good atmosphere, and whoever's applying to this job should probably realize that.

• Emerald

defiantly worth a try!