Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 18:58

Official TV Series Discussion Thread

Murdercool

• Sapphire

Eny5Aj2.png

Hello, I guess I have taken inspiration from GingerHippo's thread and Gijs suggesting one for TV series'.

So in this thread you can discuss any TV series that I guess comes up in discussion. It doesn't have to be recently watched, it can be something you have watched a while ago. I have personally seen many TV shows in my life time. Some being bad, some being brilliant. So I may end up posting some of my reviews on them to get the thread rolling.

I enjoy watching many genres of Television Shows one of my favourites have to be Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. There not the only ones I watch it would take me a while to list all the different TV Shows I watch.

[color=#FF0000][b][/b]Name of the TV series[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]What genre is the TV series[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]Brief description of the TV series[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]What rating out of 5 stars do you give it? (use this symbol ★)[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000][b]Why do you dislike it or like it?[/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Why would you recommend this to someone[/b][/color]

• MVP

Well, actually I was suggesting to combine TV series and movies into one thread. Having an extra thread to keep track of seems unnecessary. TV series and movies are linked by actors and themes among other things and it is handy to discuss them within the same thread I think. :)

• Sapphire

Well, actually I was suggesting to combine TV series and movies into one thread. Having an extra thread to keep track of seems unnecessary. TV series and movies are linked by actors and themes among other things and it is handy to discuss them within the same thread I think. :)

I would have thought that it would be less confusing to have two separate threads maybe. I don't know, maybe there was no need for this thread. I just know that I have a lot of different TV Shows that would clutter the movie thread and take the shine of the fact it's movies.

• MVP

Well, what's the point in having this thread when mine has both in one?

• MVP

I won't look at a combined thread to avoid any and all spoilers for shows I have not seen yet. It is hard to separate the information and the chances of accidental information during the discussion could ruin some parts.

Better to keep them separate unless they are completely spoiler free.

• MVP

I won't look at a combined thread to avoid any and all spoilers for shows I have not seen yet.

But separate threads isn't going to solve that problem. You might've seen one show but not another, just like you might have seen one movie but not another, or one movie but not a show, or one show but not a movie.

Spoilers will always be a problem.

• MVP

I won't look at a combined thread to avoid any and all spoilers for shows I have not seen yet.

But separate threads isn't going to solve that problem. You might've seen one show but not another, just like you might have seen one movie but not another, or one movie but not a show, or one show but not a movie.

Entirely, so you know what to avoid if you do not want to risk it.

A combined thread is impossible to predict what you will find. Hence why there is more of a risk for accidental spoilers.

Lets say I wish to take part in a discussion on Breaking Bad but want to avoid any and all information on the Walking Dead ( I don't care but for the argument it works). I can scroll through this thread to read about BB but stumble across someone discussing a season finale of another show I want to witness first hand later on.

Hypothetically I would not have seen that in the Walking Dead thread because I actively avoided it. Here it just gets unintentionally seen.

• MVP

Entirely, so you know what to avoid if you do not want to risk it.

A combined thread is impossible to predict what you will find. Hence why there is more of a risk for accidental spoilers.

In separate threads it's also impossible to predict what you will find. Well, the risk will decrease of course, but you might still stumble upon a spoiler of a movie (or show) you haven't seen. You can't "know what to avoid" unless you are sure you have seen all movies (or shows) in the history of the world.

Lets say I wish to take part in a discussion on Breaking Bad but want to avoid any and all information on the Walking Dead ( I don't care but for the argument it works). I can scroll through this thread to read about BB but stumble across someone discussing a season finale of another show I want to witness first hand later on.

Hypothetically I would not have seen that in the Walking Dead thread because I actively avoided it. Here it just gets unintentionally seen.

That I don't understand. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are both shows.

... Oh, you want to have a separate thread for each and every TV show?

• MVP

In separate threads it's also impossible to predict what you will find. Well, the risk will decrease of course, but you might still stumble upon a spoiler of a movie (or show) you haven't seen. You can't "know what to avoid" unless you are sure you have seen all movies (or shows) in the history of the world.

Hence why you avoid that thread if it will contain any spoilers.

That I don't understand. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are both shows.

... Oh, you want to have a separate thread for each and every TV show?

As we do now? Aye, unless this is purely used as a means to recommend shows.

• MVP

As we do now? Aye, unless this is purely used as a means to recommend shows.

That's where I misunderstood. Since this thread was created solely due to GingerHippo's thread, and it wasn't actually used anymore since GingerHippo "combined" the threads, I was assuming that you were referring to that.

• Sapphire

Yeah I don't really care if this gets closed or not unless people do actually want to use it. Ginger's does it in a combined thread so I'm not bothered.