Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 14:00

Jim Stone - Humble Survivor

Part One

The sound of empty bullet cases can still be heard rattling to the ground as Jim lies motionless, clinging to his rifle.

'You're safe!', exclaims a voice in the distance, faintly heard over the sound of a single gunshot still ringing in the air. He opens his eyes slowly and begins to madly scan the area around him as he lies next to the wheel of his car, paralysed in shock.

His view is too obscured by the tall grass around him. As he steadily raises himself to his knees, he looks down at his hands to see them covered in blood. He quickly drops his rifle as he springs back in horror and scuttles away from a pool of red that has gathered around where he once lay. His eyes follow the snaking trail of blood to see the corpse of a man, red beret, military uniform, bullet to the head.

Jim's scattered mind begins putting the pieces together, frantically comprehending what has just happened. Suddenly he hears the pounding of footsteps nearing as he's wrenched from the ground with force.

'We need to move', says the deep worn voice, sharply in his ear as he's set onto his unsteady feet and the blood stained rifle is forced into his hands. His eyes scan across the man's worn and bearded face as he grips onto the rifle, trying to avoid his piercing gaze. The man holds onto the rifle for a moment as he looks at Jim. He stares straight into Jim's eyes as he flicks the safety switch of the rifle to 'off'.

'This might help next time'. The man lets go of the rifle and begins making his way towards the nearby tree-line with purpose and haste. Jim is left standing at the road next to his car, surrounded by those who lost the fight. He glances over at the trees. No-one.

Part Two

The autumn leaves crunch under Jim’s feet as he steadily makes his way through the dense woods. He glances back to see his car merely a speck in the distance, left abandoned in the road. As the car fades out of sight faint sounds can be heard echoing around as Jim stops hastily to listen. His breath becomes heavier as he listens ever closer to the distant sound. 
‘West’, he mutters under his breath as he glimpses into the fading sunlight, piercing through the tall enveloping trees around.

It feels like hours since he first stepped foot into the woods in search of those men. He begins recollecting the face of the man who saved him, who wrenched him from the ground. The steely cold gaze of the man remains engrained in Jim’s mind. The eyes of a man who had seen so much but spoke very little of it.

Suddenly a single shot rings out into the air. Jim’s body is frozen in place. His mind wildly speculates the origins of the shot. While he examines the area around he lowers himself down to the ground to remain hidden amongst the layers of leaves that litter the forest floor.

BANG! Another shot rings out followed by a violent scream. Jim scrambles from the ground and hurriedly makes his way towards the sound. He begins to tread lightly as he hears another scream followed by a shout. He frantically pats his jacket in an attempt to find his binoculars. His hands tremble as he raises them to his wide eyes. He sees them.

Jim’s view is obstructed by the dense woodland but can faintly see a man kneeling. He’s kneeling in his own blood. The sight of this sends cold shivers down Jim’s spine as he peers from a distance. Another figure steps in front of the desperate man, obstructing his view as the echoing pleas of the man become louder and louder, filling the woods with cries of fear. Like a hurtling crescendo, the sound becomes deafening to Jim’s ears as he looks on helplessly. Suddenly, silence.

The last echoes of the pleas become lost to the calm winds and rustling of the trees. Jim pulls the binoculars from his eyes in disbelief, he can’t bear to look back at what might await his ever-growing curiosity. With the fate of the man unknown, Jim places his binoculars back into his jacket pocket, picks up his rifle and scans the area around before lifting himself to his feet. He fears for his safety but his mind is made up. ’East’, he mutters to himself as he sets off into the deep forest for the night.

//Thank you so much for the kind feedback so far. This story is acting as a continual interlude between two episodes of my video series so I hope you enjoy.

Here are some links to the episodes in question.

-

-

Guest Liquid

That was really good for a first post. The level of detail you went into was amazing i think this may be my new favorite RP story :D. GG BigLittleShorts GG

That was really good for a first post. The level of detail you went into was amazing i think this may be my new favorite RP story :D. GG BigLittleShorts GG

Oh waw, thank you very much. Really appreciate your comment. Hopefully I'll keep up this level of detail for many posts to come.

• Emerald

Liked the story. Hope you write some more :D

Good job. Bit short, but this is, as you said, a first post, and I think you captured a nice little slice of Jim's life in it. The description seemed good, I'd suggest (if you can remember) using a bit of it for voices as well as faces. We've got the image of the man's face who gave you the rifle, but did he sound like a gruff, grizzled badass, or Mike Tyson?

That bit of criticism aside, I really enjoyed it and want to read more.

• Sapphire

A great piece of writing! Really enjoy the level of detail.

Iook forward to more! <3

Good job. Bit short, but this is, as you said, a first post, and I think you captured a nice little slice of Jim's life in it. The description seemed good, I'd suggest (if you can remember) using a bit of it for voices as well as faces. We've got the image of the man's face who gave you the rifle, but did he sound like a gruff, grizzled badass, or Mike Tyson?

That bit of criticism aside, I really enjoyed it and want to read more.

Thanks for the nice constructive feedback Mace, really appreciate it. I think I was a bit hesitant about writing too much on my first post but it is a tad short. I completely agree too with the voices, I may just make a sneaky update to that soon and add in a little description for his voice. It would definitely enhance it, especially as he only says 2-3 short lines.

Thanks Mace :)

It always amazes me when just simple RPers like you and me can write great, detailed stories that I wouldn't be surprised to see in a book. Well done on this and I hope to see more!

Thanks for reading my lad and thank you for the kind words.

A great piece of writing! Really enjoy the level of detail.

Iook forward to more! <3

Cheers SirDoctor, there will hopefully be more Soon. I think I'll be writing another when the inspiration comes to do so.

Goddamnit SizableShrimpyPantyhose, way too much detail. Makes me jealous. :(

I've got the feeling that you have many more of these name variations ready and waiting for me. At least I hope so ;) Thanks though Gijs and I've read some of your RP stories, they're great reads.

I always loved your videos and now RP threads?

This is great and I hope that I can meet you once in game.

Thanks Jack :) I hope to meet you in-game soon too.

• 4 months later...

After a long gap in-between, I finally decided to write up a Part Two to this story. I've got a clear idea now of where I'd like to take this story as I'm actually wanting to write a script based upon this idea and create a short film soon. So this is a trial run of that idea. Enjoy! :)

• Emerald

Id love to meet jimstone again. Glad to see you back in action jim!

Soon. I am looking to play as Jim Stone again but at the moment I'm enjoying my other characters a little more. Through these stories I'm hoping to see where Jim is at now after such a long absence from the main 'action' so to speak.

Does this mean that you'll be rebooting the youtube series? :D

Well speaking of that I did have a really thrilling RP session on the Standalone RP server while that was up where myself and a group of other survivors got into some trouble. I have had that footage laying there for so long. It's about time I edited it together.

Do you know who this is?

This is Jim Stone!

Haha Good ol' Alex Scytale, he's still MIA. Haven't seen him here since his baby was born.

Very nice detail. All round good story!

Thanks BearMan, appreciate the kind words. It seems you've had an evening of reading today judging by the 'last posts' in the Lore & Stories section haha.

Soon. I am looking to play as Jim Stone again but at the moment I'm enjoying my other characters a little more. Through these stories I'm hoping to see where Jim is at now after such a long absence from the main 'action' so to speak.

Does this mean that you'll be rebooting the youtube series? :D

Well speaking of that I did have a really thrilling RP session on the Standalone RP server while that was up where myself and a group of other survivors got into some trouble. I have had that footage laying there for so long. It's about time I edited it together.

Do you know who this is?

This is Jim Stone!

Haha Good ol' Alex Scytale, he's still MIA. Haven't seen him here since his baby was born.

Very nice detail. All round good story!

Thanks BearMan, appreciate the kind words. It seems you've had an evening of reading today judging by the 'last posts' in the Lore & Stories section haha.

Haha you could say that I guess!

• Emerald

I've spoken to him a few times. He came on TS (Not recently) to talk for a bit. He occasionally talks to me if we are playing WoW or Hearthstone at the same time.

I've spoken to him a few times. He came on TS (Not recently) to talk for a bit. He occasionally talks to me if we are playing WoW or Hearthstone at the same time.

I think parenthood has consumed a lot of his spare time, as to be expected. Might have to try and catch up with him on TS soon.

[video=youtube]

Found it ;)

Added this to the OP:

//Thank you so much for the kind feedback so far. This story is acting as a continual interlude between two episodes of my video series so I hope you enjoy.

Here are some links to the episodes in question. Episode 10 being the most recent.

-

-

[video=youtube]

• 4 weeks later...