Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:38

[Guide] Teamspeak Push to talk alternative

Novac

• Sapphire

If your like me and you don't like keeping push to talk on either because you keep forgetting to press the key or because your just too lazy, you probably annoy your team a lot when your talking in game.

Here's a quick solution I found that I wanted to share with you guys, instead of turning push to talk on you can set up teamspeak so that it mutes when you want to talk in game.

1. Go to the "Settings" tab at the top of your teamspeak client

> Click "Options"

> Go to the "Hotkeys" option on the left of the new window

> Click the "+Add" button at the bottom of the new window

> Make sure "On key down" is selected at the top and click on

the "No Hotkey Assigned" button and press your in game push to

talk button (Caps as default)

> Expand the "Microphone" section and select "Toggle Microphone

Mute" then hit "ok" at the bottom of the window

2. Repeat step one exactly but instead of selecting the "On key down" option, select the "On key release" option.

now when you talk in game your teamspeak will mute your voice until you release your in game push to talk button, the only problem is the annoying teamspeak lady shouts at you every time you press and release the button, but there's a way to fix that too!

3. Go back to the "Options" menu in the "Settings" tab

> Select the "Notifications" option on the left

> Expand the "Sound capture" option

> Untick the "Muted" and "Unmuted" options

And your done, I hope this helped you out as much as it helped me :D Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

• Sapphire

Nice simple guide, although I'd use p-t-t any day, I sing and stuff ;)

• Sapphire

yea i used to do that or i would just be a dick and talk in comms but that annoys a few people so i did this lol ;)

• Emerald

Good guide Nova! I am one to forget about the ptt button and I am screaming at people in the comms because they wont answer me haha.

• Emerald

Good guide Nova! I am one to forget about the ptt button and I am screaming at people in the comms because they wont answer me haha.

So much screaming....

Good guide Nova!

Personally I think I'll just stick with muting, because this way can cause troubles with IRL. If family is talking and you want to mute your mic, then you'll just be speaking IG instead :P

Good guide though, maybe try and make the steps more clear, space them out maybe even change the colour!

Guest Astycc

I use this already works with ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 - and other games depending on binds, I tend to not use it on CS:GO.

Good job on the guide though.