Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 10:51

Recording Programs

• Emerald

hello everyone, i was just wondering does any1 know about a good and free recording program? im stuck with Fraps and it makes stuff lag and the videos takes up to much space.

Guest Astycc

What graphics card do you have? If it is a a part of the GTX 600/700 series you can use Shadowplay, completely free with GeForce Experience - I get 1-2 FPS dropping, and the quality is great! If not, use Dxtory, good audio/video quality, and all around better than Fraps in most ways!

• Emerald

Bandicam works... But DXTory really is great!

It has it's bugs and quirks however if you spend time configuring it and making sure the settings are the same before recording you'll have a very good recording software.

It depends what you want to use it for, have a play around with a number of programs and see what YOU like! :)

Use open broadcast. It's free and you can use it to record and/or stream. Best thing is you get minimal frame drops and you can record literally hours of footage without using a ton of space. If you need help setting it up just let me know and I can jump on ts and help.

• MVP

This needs to be moved to "Questions"

Fraps is good but it drops your FPS a bit when recording. Dxtory is the best one out at the moment as it doesn't affect your FPS as much as Fraps and records in very high quality.

Hope this helped.

Well you if fraps works it's hard to get a good recording program. If fraps is not good and lags and the other programs will lag but there is one program that records without lag but the videos can later lag when you watch them. That program is called Dxtory. If fraps doesn't work you should lower your setting if you really want to record a lot.

Videos from a recording software always take up a lot of space if it is good quality. What you need to do is get some render program. When I used to trickshot I had a sick rendering program where you just wrote where the clip should start and end but I forgot the name. Otherwise you can use a basic editor program like Sony Vegas.

- Enar

• MVP

This needs to be moved to "Questions"

False.

Questions section is for questions about DayZRP. :D

There's always been questions that aren't related to DayZRP in there though? - New rule or something?

There's always been questions that aren't related to DayZRP in there though? - New rule or something?

No, the rule has always been there and those questions should be moved to their appropriate section. Read the description of the Question section;

Quick questions and answers about DayZRP. Read FAQ and use Search before creating a new thread!