Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 11:47

Arma 2 VTS (Virtual Training Space) help

unforgiven389

• Sapphire

So, seeing as I am gonna make a small event for my group about my char, I've downloaded the VTS (Virtual Trainings Space) editor for Arma 2, which let's me spawn objects and AI into the map in real-time.

My only problem is that I can't seem to spawn more than one AI at one time, even though I've made a group with 7 of them in it.

Everything else, seems to work, with path finding and giving them objectives.

So I'm here asking if anyone already have some experience with this mission editor.

And if you are not sure enough, yes it's from Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11206

Anything will be appreciated.

-Unforgiven389

• Legend

I dont really have a clue about the editor. Best advise I can give is to possibly message a dev linking them to this and see if any other community members can help.

I really need to play around with the editor.

• Sapphire

Your best bet is probably Google/YouTube buddy!

Sadly, I've never used the editor either so I'm no help.

Good luck though!

I've checked on google, and it always brought me to Youtube, and it gave me russian videos.

So that really does not help. xD

Anyways, I will keep looking around.

Guest Liquid

Your best bet is to ask the ArmaHolic community they are up to speed with all that sort of stuff. I hope you find the answer soon sounds like a good idea for training exercises. Be sure to share if you do figure it out.

• MVP

I have used the editor quite a lot, although I have never heard of the Virtual Training Space. I don't think it is something that many are familiar with unfortunately.

• MVP

I did some digging and came across a link that might be helpful.

Here is a Bistudio thread for Vts. It may be worth a read.

I tried to find some good YouTube videos on it but the only ones I could find were in German. Hopefully the Bistudio link will be helpful.

I did stumble across some ArmA 3 Vts YouTube videos but I'm not sure if those would be helpful to you.

• Sapphire

I tried to find some good YouTube videos on it but the only ones I could find were in German. Hopefully the Bistudio link will be helpful.

I did stumble across some ArmA 3 Vts YouTube videos but I'm not sure if those would be helpful to you.

If it is the same across Arma 2 and 3, then I'd have a guess they would work about the same.

From my understanding too, Vts is a dumbed down version with a few limitations of the editor which Arma already gives you.

I'm still looking around IG with Vts and around the webs, but not too much luck there either.

Have you tried using the "Virtual Training Space 3.5 - ACE" It may be an updated one and might you be using other mods with this, from my experience some mods don't work with each other and you might have the same problem...

the Vts has no problems to run with other mods, I've ran it with and without.

Vts reads all addons as Arma 2 would normally do if you were using the editor too. :)

If it is the same across Arma 2 and 3, then I'd have a guess they would work about the same.

From my understanding too, Vts is a dumbed down version with a few limitations of the editor which Arma already gives you.

I'm still looking around IG with Vts and around the webs, but not too much luck there either.

Have you tried using the "Virtual Training Space 3.5 - ACE" It may be an updated one and might you be using other mods with this, from my experience some mods don't work with each other and you might have the same problem...

the Vts has no problems to run with other mods, I've ran it with and without.

Vts reads all addons as Arma 2 would normally do if you were using the editor too. :)

Might there be a new patch by chance? I'll see if I can find anything useful for you.

• MVP

If you want I can mark this as solved for you, Unforgiven. I'm sorry I couldn't bring anything useful to this but before today I never even heard of Vts :P Closest thing to it would be the Zeus DLC for ArmA 3.

-EDIT- I can give you some of the links I found for Vts on ArmA 3 if that would be useful to you.

Does it allow you to spawn multiple just one at a time perhaps? :x

And might not allow you to spawn groups in real time, It doesn't say anything on it about spawning groups...

However, Your best bet is probably to contact the mods devs with questions.. That's what I would do. They would know how to solve more problems than anyone else really..

• Sapphire

If you want I can mark this as solved for you, Unforgiven. I'm sorry I couldn't bring anything useful to this but before today I never even heard of Vts :P Closest thing to it would be the Zeus DLC for ArmA 3.

-EDIT- I can give you some of the links I found for Vts on ArmA 3 if that would be useful to you.

Would be awesome if you could provide some links for Vts on Arma 3 too. :)

And I guess you might as well put it as solved I guess.

Does it allow you to spawn multiple just one at a time perhaps? :x

And might not allow you to spawn groups in real time, It doesn't say anything on it about spawning groups...

However, Your best bet is probably to contact the mods devs with questions.. That's what I would do. They would know how to solve more problems than anyone else really..

If it let's you create groups of AI, then why would it not let you spawn them? :P

Anyways, iz as good for now as is. ^^