Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 13:15

Question Template

GingerHippo

• MVP

So, earlier this week, we saw that Krimbo has posted a Template for the Troubleshooting thread for the OP and a member of staff to edit with the final answer and what the actual issues are in the first place.

But, shouldn't we have one for the Questions as well so it's the same reason? - Saving people time who have a question, have found a thread already Solved which answers their question and they just have to look at the OP as there will be the solution there instead of scrolling through pages worth of answers that people have given.

Example Template

Question: If someone is being a Troll, can I shoot them?

What is this Question for? (Standalone, DayZ Mod, Other (specify)): DayZ Mod

Answer:

If you have tried everything in your power to try and get this player to stop trolling or doing whatever he is that is ruining the RP atmosphere in the area then only after you have done this, you can resort to shooting them.

(The "Answer" part is to only be filled in by a member of staff after the question is solved)

[color=#FFA500][b]Question:[/b][/color]

[color=#FFA500][b]What is this Question for? (Standalone, DayZ Mod, Other (specify)):[/b][/color]

[color=#FFA500][b]Answer:[/b][/color]

• MVP

pretty sure there's a whole thread dedicated to people asking questions about the rules, but I guess this couldn't hurt.

What this Template would do is it would have to be used by the person asking the question. They fill in the template instead of just having text there and leave the Answer slot open.

After they have gotten their answer and a member of staff has verified that they have gotten the correct answer then they will fill in the Answer spot of the template with the reply. This will save people in the future time as they can just look at the top of the thread that has been made about a certain question and see the answer in the correct slot without having to go through many different pages and replies.

It will basically save time for the person looking for the answer.

• Emerald

Its a template yeah, but its also sort of common sense. Nothing to specific about this, except specifying if its Standalone or not.

Kind of pointless in my opinion, doesn't change anything.

• Sapphire

Its a template yeah, but its also sort of common sense. Nothing to specific about this, except specifying if its Standalone or not.

Kind of pointless in my opinion, doesn't change anything.

Why specify Standalone at all? This is the SA suggestions section.

Guest Astycc

I don't really think it needs a template to be honest.

I posted the exact same thing in the OG thread, it makes it too arranged and this may sound weird, but a little too perfect. It needs to be more friendly and less computerised, friendly posts with friendly responses, not generally computerised and coded responses, generic CTRL+V responses.

• MVP

Why specify Standalone at all? This is the SA suggestions section.

I think that's just an error on GingerHippo's part. There isn't even a Question section for SA. He obviously meant the general question section. :)

I did mean the general question section but I suppose the SA part can be used when the SA servers are out? :)

• Legend

I agree with SumoS

the question Forum is not that confusing that we need a Template for it.

It's a nice idea, but i really think we don't need it.

• Sapphire

Yeah it will stop cluttering in the question thread. +1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe if there is a reasonable solution, OP or a Staff could edit in ¨SOLUTION¨ and then followed by said solution to the question at the bottom of OP's post. Doesn't necessarily have to have a template, but good idea though!