Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:51

Children

Now, this may be a somewhat.....odd...topic, but it is something I would love in ALL DayZ Mods- especially RP: Child zombies and characters.

What does this mean?

- well, you would see a few (very rare) zombie children! It is the creepiest thing ever, trust me, i have seen it done. DayZRP allreay has that 'walking dead' feel about it with zeds and surviving, this would only increase the immersion and add a scary aspect to the game.

*Children zeds would have 2/3rds health, and hit with less damage, as well as running 3/4th speed of normal zombies.

Wait, PLAYERS playing as children?

-YES! The Child characters would be nerfed and onl really good for adding to the RP, but fun to play as well! To play a child character, you have to donate 10$ and have some way (voce changer, or changing your own voice etc) to sound like a child. Childen would have a smaller hit box, but can not drive cars, big bikes, use rifles (pistols and Le Enfields only) or carry big back packs (would come with a "pocket" back back that is unlootable that fills the backpack slot to give a few extra inv slots).

more soon!

I'm not sure how it would be possible in Arma in general, but RP wise it would be kinda interesting. Although it does welcome pedophile RP which unfortunately would occur knowing people on the internet. I can also see people not RPing as children correctly and just doing it for shits and giggles which wouldn't be a problem if the RP wasn't shit as a result.

Not sure where to stand on it. So I'll give a +0/-0

If sexual RP is not allowed I very highly doubt that paedophile RP will be tolerated, Paedophile RP should get you and insta ban, They zombie kids would be good for RP but playing as a kid.... no.

• Emerald

Models I can tell you are definitely impossible for the mod. I believe women in the mod would have been more important then children, yet they are still not in the game. So models for zombie children and players is impossible.

I believe some people already RP as children on the server, people go along with it (dont ask about height, age). This is definitely possible and anyone is free to do so, although it would require some skill and would be quite confusing.

I didn't actually think there was children models in the game? Either way, its create a load of problems I reckon. For example, the hit box would be a lot smaller which kinda makes it unfair. Plus, is it that realistic to see loads of kids running around still surviving quite a while into an apocalypse? I agree with Nihoolious, +0

I'm not sure how it would be possible in Arma in general, but RP wise it would be kinda interesting. Although it does welcome pedophile RP which unfortunately would occur knowing people on the internet. I can also see people not RPing as children correctly and just doing it for shits and giggles which wouldn't be a problem if the RP wasn't shit as a result.

Not sure where to stand on it. So I'll give a +0/-0

Sexual RP is not alowed, and playing a pedo would be against the rules. Also, I have it costing 15$ to prevent shit RP. If you were to play as a child, you would have to hop in a TS and talk and do some RP testing etc to be acepted as a child character.

:D

Models I can tell you are definitely impossible for the mod. I believe women in the mod would have been more important then children, yet they are still not in the game. So models for zombie children and players is impossible.

I believe some people already RP as children on the server, people go along with it (dont ask about height, age). This is definitely possible and anyone is free to do so, although it would require some skill and would be quite confusing.

Models would be somewhat dificult, but not really. I dont even understand why the female models are not in- they exist is over 6 other DayZ Mods I have played, and children zombies are in 2 mods (dont remember names, I play every mod possible, but I remember one jump-attacking my stomach and eating me alive xD )

Even if they are not fully-custom models, they ould tweek the height-width specs to allow short 'child' characters.

It's impossible, arma doesn't have a children models as far as I am aware so someone would have to re code and make one from scratch

just no

just no

why no?

Simply the level of troll, not to mention we sadly do not have a very mature community and this idea will bring along a shit storm of issues if it were to be implemented,

On a second note if this does happen I will be sure to leave.

this is MY opinion on this matter there will be some who agree and some who do not

• MVP

It's impossible, arma doesn't have a children models as far as I am aware so someone would have to re code and make one from scratch

I can confirm what Neom said. See, I had the same idea for my own server some time ago, and did quite an extensive research on it. They simply do not exist in Arma - which makes it impossible to be applicable in any mod, obviously including DayZ. Creating a playable child model - let alone a child zombie from scratch would take serious 3D modelling and animation skills. It is not something that an 'enthusiast' would be able to pull off. I am wondering what mods did you see the child zombies and characters in, MegaGmasta; because there is no trace of it anywhere online as far as I've looked.

That being said, it is indeed possible to 'shrink' existing models, in theory, down to somewhat childish sizes. Yet, it would basically accomplish 2 things: break realism and give the trolls a new toy.

Or we could just pretend we are dwarves, and claim ownership of Black Mountain. :troll:

tumblr_m3twxoUtMD1r7032do1_500.gif

Because people...

And because it's not easy to develop from scratch...

• MVP

There is a reason children aren't in ARMA - taste.

I personally would not play a mod with animated corpses if children which I have to kill to stay alive.

Let alone the technical issues.

Guest Pandi

just no

Please don't do short little pointless comments like this, you are not even justifying your opinion.

Although I do agree, children shouldn't be added in, it would be realistic but some people might find it a little disturbing if they had to shoot a little girl or something.

It's a nice thought though, sorry but it's a -1 from me man.

• Emerald

Ive had the discussion about one or two weeks ago when I said how awesome it would be for dayz sa and everytime I think of children I think about games

Like twd or the last of us.

Ofc there would be trolls and such but there

Could be rules like the ones for rape rp which prevent this kind of shit.

In my pov it'd be realistic and give the mid or sa much more rp but only if it is implemented on private servers with special rules.

For all the people who are scared about stuff which cold be abused. There is many things we could worry about but can avoid with rules. Before sa was launched and sold you were able to throw your own poop around ( according to the map designer in one of his streams )

And who knows maybe it'll be implented again. Also they were diacusaing amputating body parts and cannibalism for sa and now think about all the above mentioned stuff combined with the throwing ability in sa. New rules need to avoid a troll behavior as well which could easily appear by implementing the stuff

Just one more thing dayz is not a game where you should feel well and happy but where you need to make decisions which might affect you.

The first time I took hostages in sgru I treated them

Like shit, screed at them, scared them by shooting next to their faces and so on. Afterward I felt bad for a few days but then I realized it's just a game and that's what we need to keep in mind

They are possible, I have seen them in mods :P Thay are basicly nerfed mini-people with less character models.

Anyway, it was just an idea, no haters? :3

Seriously though, if people are going to be pedos then they dont need to be in the game anyway :P

Ive had the discussion about one or two weeks ago when I said how awesome it would be for dayz sa and everytime I think of children I think about games

Like twd or the last of us.

Ofc there would be trolls and such but there

Could be rules like the ones for rape rp which prevent this kind of shit.

In my pov it'd be realistic and give the mid or sa much more rp but only if it is implemented on private servers with special rules.

For all the people who are scared about stuff which cold be abused. There is many things we could worry about but can avoid with rules. Before sa was launched and sold you were able to throw your own poop around ( according to the map designer in one of his streams )

And who knows maybe it'll be implented again. Also they were diacusaing amputating body parts and cannibalism for sa and now think about all the above mentioned stuff combined with the throwing ability in sa. New rules need to avoid a troll behavior as well which could easily appear by implementing the stuff

Just one more thing dayz is not a game where you should feel well and happy but where you need to make decisions which might affect you.

The first time I took hostages in sgru I treated them

Like shit, screed at them, scared them by shooting next to their faces and so on. Afterward I felt bad for a few days but then I realized it's just a game and that's what we need to keep in mind

Boom, this guy gets it! Yea, you would feel like crap if you had to kill a kid, but so what? Dayz is NOT a nice game. Your not supposed to be all happy riding around on unicorns with rainbows coming out your bum- its a dark, scary, sometimes beutifal simulation of a ZOMBIE APOCOLIPSE.

+1 to Daniel. :D

This would be a rare occasion but anyways:

I could see it now... A distant voice from behind you yells at you to drop your weapon. As you are alone you comply and out comes three little girl scouts carrying PKP's and M4s

I'm sure some people could create great and compassionate RP, but there's always those people

• Emerald

Adding something like this into the game is just begging for trouble.

To add, I am pretty sure myself and others would no be

comfortable killing a child, especially considering how

many unfortunate children die in wars.

No matter how it many benefit roleplay and make the mod "Realistic" I can

never see it working out.

I would love this in the game as people with children would actually be able to roleplay like they have a child.

Sadly i don't even know if it's possible and if it is i don't think this community is mature enough to handle something like this.(Also i don't like the idea of paying to be able to RP as a child)

Guest Liquid

We would need more women skins first, Women should be more abundant. But still children on DayZRP would be a no from me we try to keep the real children away why would we want people role playing as them?

• Sapphire

This would be kind of really awkward.. bashing a child's head in with a crowbar. This would really bring out emotional roleplay aspect, but like Liquid says above me, Women skins should come before children.

• Emerald

I personally would not play a mod with animated corpses of children which I have to kill to stay alive.

• Sapphire

If a child points a weapon at me, I'm bashing it's skull in. I can think of nothing more terrifying than a zombie toddler chasing me through the woods. Give me the creeps, great idea I feel and a big +1 from me.

The game No More Room In Hell (which is free off of steam by the way) has zombie children implemented into it. Making something like this for ArmA would probably be very difficult, as there are no existing child 'models' in the original ArmA game.