Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:47

Altar Castle Vote

PublicVoodoo

Would you like Altar Back?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Legend

So recently ive been bugged by 501st members and some of the community about bringing Altar castle back.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-altar-castle-work-in-progress?highlight=altar+castle

Im sure everyone has memories of the castle, either good or bad or maybe you never got the chance to go there.

This thread is for the community to vote and write their thoughts on whether they would like a castle return rather than us as a clan pushing for its return (depending if staff would like player settlement re-installed)

This is a work in progress and could be denied, but as you may know the castle was 'destroyed' by charges in a last resort so the castle will look very different to how it did so pictures in the Altar thread are not final.

In this vote I would also ask for everyone to think of other possible settlements before voting yes. The 501st would not like to deny anyone of a chance for a new settlement (me included im looking forward to University)

I would like to thank the community as a whole for supporting us on our reformation and either way this vote goes the 501st will still stay on the servers.

#VoteYes

Gets a yes vote for me, altar castle and the university. Would be awesome.

• Emerald

Any settlement at the moment would get a yes from me!

• Emerald

OH MY GOD! Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! Please bring Altar back, as much it got attacked, it was the only place I could have amazing RP. Even when in firefights the RP was amazing! Please bring this back, Voodoo!

• Sapphire

That text hurt my eyes voodoo :D

And yea even though I was on the attacking side I always enjoyed knowing that if i wanted to find RP it would be there! Bring er Back!

• MVP

I voted yes but I think it needs some work first. Maybe a redesign or something

• Sapphire

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Legend

I voted yes but I think it needs some work first. Maybe a redesign or something

Yea im getting onto our designer to look into more rubble outside for defence in terms of attackers, more destroyed look inside with hopefully trading tents around the outside walls which would make the inside less cluttered to make it look destroyed. Plus with outside elements it would be used not only inside but outside which will hopefully un-clutter the comms

I've edited the Poll answers to give a slightly less Bias view on it.

Fair enough :P

• Legend

Yep...this has a 100% on me..

People are still going to Prud at the moment, and deleting settlements is not being effective, this is why I say yes.

I think if, in the event of a troll, the situation can be handled. People make reports, people get swiftly banned, I've also seen a bit of staff actually monitoring the RP at camps either in Dog for or in Rabbit (I know you're watching us, Khardia.)

For Altar Castle to come back means for Settlements to come back, so.. this is a yes for me. I'd like to see the University be a thing in the future as well.

• Legend

Yes, only if it is redesigned to be a lot less OP so it isn't impossible to attack. I'd still like to see it back though.

Yes, only if it has a redesign, I didn't like how it looked before.

The castle would be re-designed and as I said the merchant tents will hopefully be outside to supply air cover and rubble outside for attacker cover.

I doubt the tower will be taken away as it is a historic tower that makes the castle although I would (if it can be done in a safe way) like to see maybe scaffolding stacked up on the outside of the tower so attackers could advance up and onto the roof meaning 2 ways into that tower for attackers.

We would like to say though that we do not want random attacks with no RP reasons we aim this to be a 'refugee' camp but we know there will be attacks as it always happens

• Emerald

Why not use one of the towers without an interior so you can keep the iconic tower, but remove anyone camping on top of it or inside it?

• Emerald

It needs to look like a ghetto, piles of rubbish, broken vehicles and old sheds as houses should be surrounding and inside the castle, that's how id like it anyway :)

• Legend

Why not use one of the towers without an interior so you can keep the iconic tower, but remove anyone camping on top of it or inside it?

As I said im thinking of if there is a way to make a second entrance into that tower from the outside maybe using scaffolding. This would mean attackers could already get onto the tower when initiating for the element of surprise

It would be nice to see the castle sit on top of the hill again.

giphy.gif

• Sapphire

I could care less, don't go there for IC reasons anyway...just... hm didn't Council blow it up? or smth... I think knee high ruin wall should capture the image of it...