Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:57

Games like star citizen ?

• Emerald

Hey guys,

Does someone of you know games like star citizen ?

Not like eve online I want to fly around and shoot manually : D and please not the early access game on steam : D

• Emerald

Freelancer (Has multiplayer open world like Star Citizen), It's fairly old but if you combine it with the Discovery mod it's very fun. It's made by the same guy as Star Citizen. When it comes to Space sims, there hasn't really been anything good in the recent years.

• Sapphire

Frontier:Elite 2.

Old and bold from the C64/Amiga years, but one of the finest space fighter/pirate/trading games out there.

• Emerald

Freelancer (Has multiplayer open world like Star Citizen), It's fairly old but if you combine it with the Discovery mod it's very fun. It's made by the same guy as Star Citizen. When it comes to Space sims, there hasn't really been anything good in the recent years.

I know Freelancer and didn't like it that much : D Mostly because it is that old :P

Guest magw33d

A newer game I can think of is X-Rebirth, I haven't played it though, so no comment on whether it is good or not.

I'd say X:3 Terran Conflict is a better instalment from the X series.

X-Rebirth was a massive dissapointment.

Rebirth was rushed, riddled with bugs and very unpolished.

Old and bold from the C64/Amiga years, but one of the finest space fighter/pirate/trading games out there.

Second on that, but it's just impossible to play nowadays, especially on an emulator. I used to play Frontier on my [email protected], but it just doesn't translate to an emulator very well.

• Emerald

Well, you're not really gonna find anything that will interest you then, Best to just wait for Star Citizen, the dog fighting module is meant to come out very soon (April-ish)

• Emerald

I've read somewhere that eve valkery is not confirmed for PC yet but that was like 5 months ago : D

As far as I am aware, Eve Valkyrie is only for the PC :P

• Sapphire

A newer game I can think of is X-Rebirth, I haven't played it though, so no comment on whether it is good or not.

Second on that, but it's just impossible to play nowadays, especially on an emulator. I used to play Frontier on my [email protected], but it just doesn't translate to an emulator very well.

Ha, I had the 1200 aswell. What a beast of a machine!

I thought Elite might be available on GOG.com but to my surprise it's not there.

• Sapphire

It's pretty bad. Repetitive, buggy and so damned slow.

Guest magw33d

Ha, I had the 1200 aswell. What a beast of a machine!

I thought Elite might be available on GOG.com but to my surprise it's not there.

http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

soon

Also: http://timwheatley.org/www/2012/12/07/so-you-want-to-play-frontier-elite-ii

You need dosbox sadly if you want to play on 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mehr672

I really liked the first lego star wars on gamecube. I also like lego racers on n64, the racing is alright, but i had the most fun creating weird vehicles out of lego's

By games like tsarcitizen you mean Pay-to-win-pay-to-play-pay-to-live-pay-to-exit-the-game games? Or as i like to call it Free-to-PAY or free-to-die-cuz-donors-rape-you-hard :D

On another note Starmade is really nice...not much content but fun for some hours with your friends killing random space travellers:D