Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:24

Distance-dependent microphone volume

Do you want this implemented?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I play in Prud a lot, and everyone knows it's very annoying when you can hear a guy 20m away as if he was right next to you. I am sure there was previously a system where it got quieter the further away you are, but right now it's very hard to have a conversation unless you're a mile away!

Do you want a system where voice gets quieter as you get further away implemented?

(don't know if there's already a thread on this, sorry if there is)

Basically we want ACRE. It's come up in many threads before and the reason why it won't be implemented is because it requires everyone to join one Teamspeak channel for it to work. Radio would work in a far better IC way because you'd need to enter the frequency to speak with your clan mates, you would also be able to listen in on other radio frequencies. Most of all it allows you to whisper, which would be perfect in settlements in particular.

• Sapphire

I'm sure this has been suggested a long time ago and it was denied. Don't quote me on it, but I think using vehicle chat makes your voice quieter and direct chat is louder. No matter what though, people will use whatever they have currently set. Best thing to do, is use text chat in places such as Prud.

• Sapphire

I think when you use vehicle chat instead of direct chat your distance will matter.

I always use vehicle chat for talking and quick swap to direct for typing if needed to.

• MVP

I think when you use vehicle chat instead of direct chat your distance will matter.

I always use vehicle chat for talking and quick swap to direct for typing if needed to.

This is pretty much correct and the best way of doing things currently.

Vehicle chat travels much shorter distance and grows quieter the further away you are

• Sapphire

It would be just really epic if we have the ACER system.

Whenever you talk you will talk in game.

Also you will need a radio to talk with each other in teamspeak and be in the range/channel.

The battles between clans will be much more epic and tactic because they will and can hear you if you are near.

Also death is permanent because you can't say you are dead or tell where the killer is.

• Sapphire

Here is the problem with ACRE guys:

I don't know if any of you have ever used acre but if you have, you would know that it is a pain to get setup. The initial setup can either be really smooth or you can spend and hour troubleshooting to get it to eventually work. We currently have 32 staff members and 9,470 community members. Granted not all of those are active but regardless they have mostly played at some point in time which would mean they need acre setup. The hassle this would cause staff would not be worth the reward. Don't get me wrong, I love acre it is just not reasonable for us in the community.

• Legend

The last days of old TP the ingame voice (Direct) was redused and it was pretty much perfect. You could actually hear where people were talking and not like it is now when no matter how far they are, it sounds like they are yelling in your ear and it is impossible to figure out who is talking.

I believe its been bumped up to make initiations more clear from far away also, but its making RPing via voice a pain. Especially in places where are more than 3 people talking.

I have asked Rolle about this and perhaps we can test it Soon :)

Here is the problem with ACRE guys:

I don't know if any of you have ever used acre but if you have, you would know that it is a pain to get setup. The initial setup can either be really smooth or you can spend and hour troubleshooting to get it to eventually work. We currently have 32 staff members and 9,470 community members. Granted not all of those are active but regardless they have mostly played at some point in time which would mean they need acre setup. The hassle this would cause staff would not be worth the reward. Don't get me wrong, I love acre it is just not reasonable for us in the community.

Agreed, i never managed to get it setup properly, as much as i like the idea of the system but somehow i'm not able to get it to work and after more then one hour of trying and reading through tutorials, i decided it is not worth the time for me.