Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:00

Favourite Clan Thread?

I was just curious to see what clan threads people liked, whether it is for their looks, the content or a combination. I think that some threads are quite plain and simple and some are quite complicated GFX wise with different photoshopped pictures and videos. Both of these may appeal or deter people from them. Finding out what people seem like also may help others when designing their clan threads. Also please no insulting people that have a favourite thread that you don't like, we're all friends here...usually.

• Emerald

My top 3

-Duty

Huge amount of work put into the thread, lots of backstory, pictures fit in nicely, and everything does not confuse your eyes like other threads.

-The Outlaws

Nice looking thread, section titles fit in with the rest of the thread, while there is a good amount of pictures to collate with the backstory.

-Tajné Černoruské Povstání

One of the best threads by far, long backstory completed with interesting pictures that keep you hooked to the thread. Also comes complete with simple paper design and rank structure/members list.

• Sapphire

-The 75th RR

I love how this thread is just simple and clean yet covers everything it needs to.

Edit:Not my thread to take credit for completely archer! :D

-I.R.A

By far one of the best threads on DayzRP. A lot of effort was put into this thread, and all together it looks very nice!

• Diamond
WildernessTV even though it's not in the clan section anymore
  • Sapphire

Brotherhood's.

• Legend

Owww brotherhoods was on of the best threads I ever saw. I also liked the SKA and brotherhood thread... Those where very well detailed and just pure sexyness :D

• Sapphire

I love Doragonzu's I literally fan boy over it! Shakya did an amazing job with it!

Just the detail in the backstory and separation of text and pictures don't look clunky.

Guest magw33d

I love Doragonzu's I literally fan boy over it! Shakya did an amazing job with it!

Just the detail in the backstory and separation of text and pictures don't look clunky.

Our return was postponed by a month because of that thread.

I hate it!

Down with thread!

• Sapphire

There's a few ones I like, al-takizh had a nice one, SKA's looked pretty sweet as well.

Oh and CLF's #rip #neverforget

• Community Manager

I'd have to say either Doragonzu or Wilderness TV for obvious reasons.

• Sapphire

I thought brotherhood's was pretty good i didn't think it suited them though...but still good

I may be biased but I've got to say both Wilderness TV and Imperial Dragons, both for different reasons.

The Wilderness TV thread because it became the inspiration for many others to do the same such as NRF and Brotherhood. Props to Krimbo for his design work on that, definitely inspired others to be different in their threads.

The Imperial Dragons thread because I think Shakya's hard work on that deserves recognition. The attention to detail in the backstory and the fact that he completely re-wrote the whole thing for our return shows his dedication to the clan and to role-play. He even created a thread separately for the backstory here.

• Emerald

The GIGN one was pretty good. It started the whole craze of using one big image as a clan thread, I believe.

• Emerald

Can't really vote for Brotherhood's thread since that would be biased so here goes.

As far as design, my vote goes to Wilderness TV thread.

Story/background wise I'd go for either the Imperial Dragons or RSM.

I haven't checked this thread since last night and I can't say that I am surprised that the majority of people have said that they prefer the Imperial Dragon's and WildernessTV's threads. I think it just foes to show that if you put a lot of work into a thread then people really do notice and it brings up the reputation on your clan before anyone has even met any of the members.

I think that the criteria that people have pointed out also goes along with what I think should be the main criteria when making a thread, the attention to detail and the backstory seem to be the main one that pop up. I think that a clans behaviour off of the server is just as important as its behaviour on the server, and primarily, this starts with the thread.

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to get my thoughts out.