Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 07:40

A Hero trying to find his way

• Sapphire

My father used to say, "Men are not forged in battle, they are molded by the roads they take, by the friendships they make, and by the friendships they break." now this coming from a great war Leader says something powerful. I spent my whole life trying to live up to father, and it was not till his death recently till I realized what he wanted for me. He wanted me to be more. Be better, than I was.

Once we came to Chernarus with our group my father sent me out on a long scouting mission. Not telling me why or when I would be coming back. I was not till I get a radio message saying that he was on his deathbed that I started to come home. I was not able to be at his side during his death, but I believe that is how he wanted it. On my way back into Chernarus I saw something. Something that changed the way I view this land.

There was a man, mid 30's to 40's, all he had was a hunting rifle, and there were two men pointing guns at him, yelling at him. I watch from afar with my sniper rifle. They began pushing the man around and bullying him. That is when something in my head clicked. I aimed my crosshairs on one of the mans head and fired. The blood splattered from his head. The other man threw the hunter on the ground and began to look around confused, scared. I pulled the bolt of my sniper back and then pushed it forward again loading another round in the chamber. As I put my crosshairs over the head of the other man, he looked up toward me for a second. I don't know if it was because he saw me or what but he paused, and I took the shot. He fell. The hunter got up from the ground, grabbed his rifle. He knew where I was, probably had good hearing. He looked up at me, gave me a smile and a salute and went on his way.

So this is where my story begins. That moment changed the way I think, I finally understand what more my father wanted for me.

My name is Josh Freeman, and I am a Hero.

So good man, i actually got chills. Wether that was because its -12 degrees or if this story was so good is beside me but id like to think it was the story :D

• Emerald

Good read man! Really interesting!

• Sapphire

After Giving my BoS patch and Tags back to the elder, I decided to seek out and old friend of mine, Dr. John Smith. After meeting up with him we had a long talk. I asked him how I can help out, one of the ways he suggested was to join The Outpost Rangers, I got in contact with there leader "Tomeran" and spoke with him over the radio. He said that he would accept me as a recruit and I would have to meet up with him and prove my worth.

My adventurers as a Ranger begin.

To be continued later tonight...

Mmmm, an explosive beginning to the Ranger's.

I have a few things to point out though, you use Italics as your main font? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but say if you wanted to describe a noise, I'd put it in italics. EX:

Dmitri fell from the building.

THUMP

He had to have a closed casket.

I'm gonna PM you later on some other pointers... if you don't mind. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sapphire

A week has passed, nothing eventful has happened. I was give a mentor to help with my ranger training. His name is Carib, young guy 19 I believe, that did not mater though the army taught me that age does not matter, he is high than me so I listen to him. Although I think I can teach him a few things about scouting and hearing.

A few things did happen in the week though, there was a meeting of the rangers, I met up with BoS again, watch the way they operate, bandit hunters. Huh. I also got myself a new rifle, one of them SV-98s, a powerful rifle. It will come in handy, I feel that something is coming, and it does not seem good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Sapphire

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely" Rev (21:6)

This is war. A war between the survivors, and The Council. A war with out reason, Without civilians, and as far as I can see... Without an end.

After seeing a firsthand account of what the council can do, and what they are willing to do, has shown me just how evil they are. I just wish I knew why. They have made no demands. Nothing. I just seems like they are out to kill us. But, I've got a pit in my stomach that is telling me I'm not seeing the whole picture here.

I've heard some "Whispers" about someone named "Dr. Matt Brown" a former Free Medic and Watchman. Maybe if I can find him I can get some answers about the council.

Loved it!

Can't wait to see how it folds out :D

• 2 months later...
  • Sapphire

"Hello Darkness my old Friend. I've come to talk with you again."

*Josh Freeman walks along the road a bit sad. He stops and has a sit Putting his AK at his Side. He takes the Ranger patch off his arm and looking at it. A tear came to his Eye. As he looked up wiping the tear from his face, And got up putting the patch in his pocket.*

"I must do it... soon. Before it is to late" *He said as he pulls out a peace of paper with The letters THP and a double helix on it.