Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:45

Worst robbery ever!!

Today I was robbed by two guys north of Stary. They initiated "properly" and told me to drop guns, backpack, food and radio then for me to run away. I circled back around few minutes later to retrieve anything they left. To my surprise all my stuff was still there. The only things they took were 1 cooked beef, all my AK mags, and replaced my g17 with their usp. I find this to be badrp because if they needed food I would have given them some. If they needed mags I would have given them some. If they wanted to trade pistols, I like the usp better than g17. I feel like if your going to rob someone they better have a good RP reason why. I had medical supplies, food, canteens, and rpg rocket. But they left it all. Step up your RP guys. [/font]

• Sapphire

Well I don't know how the RP during the robbery was because you kinda left that out, but I can kinda understand the robbers idea here?

It's an apocalypse, people need supplies, so hey why not take what they need instead of taking everything and make a "fellow" survivor left back without anything left.

Guest HaZZa

Too be honest, for all they knew you wouldn't have given away precious food in such a terrible Apocalypse. Although you said you have given them the food they would not have known. So i kinda see where the robbers were coming from.

They walked up to me, did a bit of small talk then initiated and sent me running. I never got their names so I can't really report it. They never gave explanation why they robbed me which is really what I'm trying to get across. They should have reasons why they are robbing.

• Sapphire

They walked up to me, did a bit of small talk then initiated and sent me running. I never got their names so I can't really report it. They never gave explanation why they robbed me which is really what I'm trying to get across. They should have reasons why they are robbing.

Well they obviously robbed you for supplies since they left everything except food and mags?

Guest Shadow

If I were you I would be relieved. 9.9999999999999 times out of 10 when you get robbed you either die or lose your stuff.

Poor RP? Sure but I wouldn't complain about it too much.

Definitely not the 'worst robbery ever'.

Guest ArcticStarling

Don't know why you think this is bad, I actively encourage my guys to rob food, drink and meds over weapons. Makes a change and after all, why would everyone always rob weapons ? It makes no sense.

Can't judge the RP as I was not there,personally I would rob someone for food and ammo if I needed it so much

• Sapphire

Does sound quite bad, you don't just strip someone of their possessions then leave them there. Sounds like a case of bad role-play.

Does sound quite bad, you don't just strip someone of their possessions then leave them there. Sounds like a case of bad role-play.

I disagree it would have been bad roleplay if they killed him just fro food or ammo

• Legend

It seems weird robbing someone just for general supplies when your in the Stary area that has military tents and a supermarket. I guess some people find it easier to rob for supplies than walk 2 minutes to the nearest town/city especially if there is no RP involved in the robbery.

remember though its not only the robbers that have to RP its the victim aswell maybe next time try some more interacting, but it is true what others have said atleast you got out of the robbery alive :P

Don't know how the RP was, but I don't see anything bad about it.

They wanted his mags and his food, so they took em and left the rest.

Why run in a city, waste ammo on zombies, and risk getting eaten, and even risk finding nothing since the place could be looted, when you can rob a defensless guy and risk wasting only a couple of bullets?

As I said, I don't know how te RP during the initiation was though, if they said nothing else than "drop and run" it's sad.

I disagree it would have been bad roleplay if they killed him just fro food or ammo

So you say that "Drop your shit and run away" robbery is good RP? and they take only some food, you can make alot better RP than that. maybe try to trade or ask?

• MVP

So you say that "Drop your shit and run away" robbery is good RP? and they take only some food, you can make alot better RP than that. maybe try to trade or ask?

So you are saying it is bad role play because they didn't do any of those options above?

That is very narrow minded. If it was bad roleplay it should be based on what they did. Now what they could have done.

The robbery itself is not bad roleplay. If they needed stuff then they have every right to take your stuff. What they need to do though is not make it a terrible scenario. If it was indeed 'bad' then tell them what they could do better to improve the robbery but please remember that they do not need to provide a lengthy robbery to mean it is good.

So you are saying it is bad role play because they didn't do any of those options above?

That is very narrow minded. If it was bad roleplay it should be based on what they did. Now what they could have done.

The robbery itself is not bad roleplay. If they needed stuff then they have every right to take your stuff. What they need to do though is not make it a terrible scenario. If it was indeed 'bad' then tell them what they could do better to improve the robbery but please remember that they do not need to provide a lengthy robbery to mean it is good.

No i did mean that "Drop your shit and run away" robbery is not good RP. that was my point

No i did mean that "Drop your shit and run away" robbery is not good RP. that was my point

If that was all they said at all then it may be bad RP, but keep in mind if you get robbed in the street it is mostly "Drop your shit and run away", well in my town it is

• MVP

Drop your shit and run away robberies can be fine as long as they are done in character and were at least slightly entertaining. If it was robotic rule play then that is bad role play. There is no need to try and trade and ask when your character is supposed to take.

When I made a bandit character with few people and went robbing it wasn't about the gear for us. It was about the interaction and RP. We made it fun for us and the victim. We would prolong the encounter and question him or make him do random things. We would talk to them and give them a story why we were robbing them. We would pressure them by yelling demands and threaten their life for them to fell scared. I find when robbing a surviver it is the most fun you can have on DAYZRP. For someone to say drop your stuff run away to me is avoiding the RP aspect of this game.