Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 02:04

"The Buddhist Guy" - Ajahn Wattana - Thoughts?

Been playing as Ajahn for a few days now, met a huge bunch of people, helped a huge bunch of people, and a few have given me just negativity! Especially my previous group.. Thanks guys xD.

A lot of you will have met me and was basically wondering what you thought, because it's obviously very different. Please give me any thoughts that you have on the character, especially what you think about the Buddhism, and if you think it's worth continuing to try to grow Buddhist Society.

• Sapphire

Well I certainly liked it. Was nice to talk to someone with out the high chance of ending in a fire fight :D

• Emerald

Met you 2 times allready and ill have some feedback for you..!

-First on you should work on your voice it needs a more tender and relaxed tone as in you are completly in focus with peace and nature. (as example the Othuyeg when he speaks of Brian)

-Second You should talk in a more elegant/poetic way to also show off your spiritual and peacefull attitude.

-Third i think you are verry original with your charrachter i do like it when i meet you instead of some average folk.

• Sapphire

I just love you! haha

I will show you the light that is the tender love of Brian and soon you shall be walking the path of a true Brianist.

Meanwhile, you just have to put up with my bad jokes...

http://www.twitch.tv/othuyeg/c/3816487

(The video has a gap in it as I just passed the 1 hour mark in my stream and it cuts the video at that point for a few seconds.)

I think I'll stick to Buddhism personally, but feel free to teach me the ways of Brian!

Ah yes, I very much enjoyed your witty jokes! Very good :D

Well I certainly liked it. Was nice to talk to someone with out the high chance of ending in a fire fight :D

Haha thanks man :D well there's 0 chance with me ^^

Met you 2 times allready and ill have some feedback for you..!

-First on you should work on your voice it needs a more tender and relaxed tone as in you are completly in focus with peace and nature. (as example the Othuyeg when he speaks of Brian)

-Second You should talk in a more elegant/poetic way to also show off your spiritual and peacefull attitude.

-Third i think you are verry original with your charrachter i do like it when i meet you instead of some average folk.

Thank you :)

- First: Yeah yeah I see what you mean, I will use a softer tone. However I tend to use a stronger tone to get my point across as people will listen more, and I don't become the annoying panzy!

- Second: I like this one, and I will do that more, I've been doing that more and more as I've got more confident with my character.

- Third: Thanks a lot man, yeah I want to make the most of my RP time and be different!

I just love you! haha

Haha awwh that's sweet :D thanks man, love you too!

• Sapphire

I will show you the light that is the tender love of Brian and soon you shall be walking the path of a true Brianist.

(The video has a gap in it as I just passed the 1 hour mark in my stream and it cuts the video at that point for a few seconds.)

There's another bit, the Buddhist gets his burger and hands over a 20 dollar bill, he waits for what feels like too long and asks the burger man "where's my change". The burger vendor replies "change comes from within".

There's another bit, the Buddhist gets his burger and hands over a 20 dollar bill, he waits for what feels like too long and asks the burger man "where's my change". The burger vendor replies "change comes from within".

Hahaha, very good :D - keep the Buddhist jokes coming if you see me in-game!

Guest magw33d

I enjoyed your roleplay and it was nice to not come across the usual military gun toting type you find at prud, but I think you need a new getup :D

I enjoyed your roleplay and it was nice to not come across the usual military gun toting type you find at prud, but I think you need a new getup :D

Thanks a lot! Yeah Enjoyed meeting you too :D - and yes, I found some new, more suitable clothes yesterday :P.

• MVP

I heard you proselytising at prud recently. Was very chill. You were very rudely interrupted by someone trying to buy a car. But leading up to that point it was very relaxing.

I heard you proselytising at prud recently. Was very chill. You were very rudely interrupted by someone trying to buy a car. But leading up to that point it was very relaxing.

Very nice verb!!! Haha, yes the car owner was trying to listen to me but there was a guy being particularly irritating and getting in it over and over.

But, thank you :D it's fairly hard to do with a large camp of people.. I tend to take people up the hill and chat there. Got 4 members of Buddhist society including me now!

• Emerald

I think someone doing this is great.

Playing a character like this (At a very realistic Level) takes alot of

preparation.

I feel meeting someone like this and having him express his views would

touch me beyond my character.

Wonder if this roleplay ever leaves an impression on him.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Ajahn for a short while I have to say it was interesting and good to see someone playing a pious follower of a religion who actually knew something of it. I'm always happy to see people who do their homework when it comes to a character, and our discussion, albeit brief, about what my character knew about Buddhism definitely made me want to play with him more. I look forward to seeing him again and getting to have some discussions about kharma, reincarnation, the suffering of mankind, and how it all pertains to the world Ajahn has to live in now. I like to see how someone can be tested in a religious manner with something that seems so otherworldly happening.

• Emerald

I really enjoyed the rp I hate with you, but sadly we haven't crossed each other in a while. I hope we meet soon, so we can talk more. Keep up the good work!

Guest Liquid

I came across you one time. Got scared because I thought it was a trick and ran away. Next time i won't be so quick to judge.

Quick joke :

How many Zen buddhists does it take to change a light bulb?

Three one to change it, one to not-change it and one to both change- and not-change it.

• Diamond

We have now a RP relation for sure, just waiting for more fun ;) Try do more *Looks up to the sky* or any other actions more, other than that I'm cool !

I think someone doing this is great.

Playing a character like this (At a very realistic Level) takes alot of

preparation.

I feel meeting someone like this and having him express his views would

touch me beyond my character.

Wonder if this roleplay ever leaves an impression on him.

Awh wow thanks :3. The preparation was already in my head, because I actually love it. Awh hopefully! Hopefully meet you in-game - always up for a chat about the subject :). Yeah playing like this has changed me - it's easier to act nice in real life after playing like this.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Ajahn for a short while I have to say it was interesting and good to see someone playing a pious follower of a religion who actually knew something of it. I'm always happy to see people who do their homework when it comes to a character, and our discussion, albeit brief, about what my character knew about Buddhism definitely made me want to play with him more. I look forward to seeing him again and getting to have some discussions about kharma, reincarnation, the suffering of mankind, and how it all pertains to the world Ajahn has to live in now. I like to see how someone can be tested in a religious manner with something that seems so otherworldly happening.

Thanks a lot dude! By all means join us in our quests! Yeah it's interesting for me to apply the teachings to a zombie apocalypse

I really enjoyed the rp I hate with you, but sadly we haven't crossed each other in a while. I hope we meet soon, so we can talk more. Keep up the good work!

Yeah I keep mistaking some other female character with a red hoodie for you, look forward to seeing you again! Thank you

I came across you one time. Got scared because I thought it was a trick and ran away. Next time i won't be so quick to judge.

Quick joke :

Three one to change it, one to not-change it and one to both change- and not-change it.

Haha, yeah need to work on my "hey, I'm nice! I'm Buddhist!" Introduction :P.

Zen is Chinese/ Japanese I think :P my character practised in Thailand. I don't really get the joke unfortunately x/

We have now a RP relation for sure, just waiting for more fun ;) Try do more *Looks up to the sky* or any other actions more, other than that I'm cool !

Yes we do! I love seeing people I've met, makes it feel much more real. Yeah, I do need to do more of that :P

I've met you two times now, the second time was really good, it was at prud when I got into an stand off with some guy name Ray I think.

I love your character and you are really good at RP, you are also the only one that's nice to my deranged character and it's great, it gives me something different other than distaste from everyone else.

It's gonna be interesting to see how far I can push it before you give up on me, or maybe I'll get better, who knows.

I've met you two times now, the second time was really good, it was at prud when I got into an stand off with some guy name Ray I think.

I love your character and you are really good at RP, you are also the only one that's nice to my deranged character and it's great, it gives me something different other than distaste from everyone else.

It's gonna be interesting to see how far I can push it before you give up on me, or maybe I'll get better, who knows.

Yeah, the second time was brilliant!!

Haha thanks dude! You're really damn good too! Well, after John Cornick showed you so much kindness too, I recruited him. So us Buddhists'll look after you ;)

I won't give up on you mate.

• Legend

Quick joke :

I actually clapped and laughed after reading this. Nice one.

I don't really get the joke unfortunately x/

You need to read more original suttas :P

• Legend

Pfft, books are just books.

True dhamma lies in one's own heart. Learn to read that and you will embarrass the wisest scholars.

• 4 weeks later...