Server time (UTC): 2021-10-19 17:15

Nickname

Guest indiaman

Hi,

we do not allow people to change their forum name, except under extreme circumstances : this is then done by an admin. There's no option to change it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

how about making it a paid service ? kinda like the skins it would help fund the dayzrp costs

• MVP

Hi,

we do not allow people to change their forum name, except under extreme circumstances : this is then done by an admin. There's no option to change it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

how about making it a paid service ? kinda like the skins it would help fund the dayzrp costs

It was suggested to Rolle before, but it was decided that it was a bad idea as we, staff, need to keep track of players.

Although, it isn't something that can't be brought back to discussion.

Maybe a free one time thing just in-case you mess up or feel your name is too childish.

Then after that one time you have to pay a small few to change it, then in your CP you have a list of previous names to which Admins and GMs can track easily.

• MVP

Maybe a free one time thing just in-case you mess up or feel your name is too childish.

Then after that one time you have to pay a small few to change it, then in your CP you have a list of previous names to which Admins and GMs can track easily.

It may not be as easy as we think. I'm far from bing a PHP and BB code expert, but from the multiple conversations I've had with Rolle regarding possibilities to "personalize" the profiles, I've learned that there are a lot of restrictions and things you simply can't do.

I'm not saying not having a list of players' past names isn't possible, but it might not be.

I'll poke Rolle with this thread in a bit.

• Sapphire

The way I understood it, when the forum had a "clean up" numbers from names got removed and names were generally made cleaner.

I also understood it as, you cannot add letters/numbers, only remove them, hence TheMushM > Mush. This was a limited thing however, I got it as a one off.

It may not be as easy as we think. I'm far from bing a PHP and BB code expert, but from the multiple conversations I've had with Rolle regarding possibilities to "personalize" the profiles, I've learned that there are a lot of restrictions and things you simply can't do.

I'm not saying not having a list of players' past names isn't possible, but it might not be.

I'll poke Rolle with this thread in a bit.

No problem, just restrict it if it is allowed so people don't undergo drastic changes. Like I rename myself Jerry or xxdr4g0ns14yerz69xx.