Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:30

The Number Station.

Samdo123

[align=right]*You find a sheet of paper hooked to the door of the ATC tower at the North West Airfield a message is scribbled across it.*]

Hello, I am The Doctor. I am attempting to reach survivors who are willing to go to their fullest lengths to rebuild humanity. Across the major cities of Chernarus I have left notes that will act as templates to decode message. What messages? You may ask, at random times in the day I will broadcast what would generally be referred to as a number station on the hand radio frequency 94.6. It will be a simple tune, followed by an encoded message. I will not say what the message is about, or what it will pertain this. This task is to bring out the adventurers of Chernarus, to find the people who will plunge into danger without reason in hope of a good outcome. The radio transmission will take place from around the Green Mountain area, but the exact location may differ as time goes on. I hope you undertake this challenge and look forward to meeting with you.

*A small scribbled signature near the bottom says says "The Doctor"*

• Sapphire

How are you going to broadcast the numbers in game?

Im confused on your question. Its a radio, and I am able to play things through it. So I will play the numbers through the radio, and people will hear it.

• Sapphire

Im confused on your question. Its a radio, and I am able to play things through it. So I will play the numbers through the radio, and people will hear it.

I'm dumb. I just realized his was for DayZRP Standalone.. not the mod. My bad lol. Carry on ;)

Nice idea, I doubt many people have working radios to tune in but who knows!

Also, remember that anyone with working radios only has a range of 1km, meaning you have to point a location on where to receive these messages.. I haven't even seen a radio, so I really don't know where I would start with an event like this.

Nice idea, I doubt many people have working radios to tune in but who knows!

Also, remember that anyone with working radios only has a range of 1km, meaning you have to point a location on where to receive these messages.. I haven't even seen a radio, so I really don't know where I would start with an event like this.

Well i didnt know they only went 1 km... I will need to work this out. And I find quite a bit of radios. I pick up all radios I see and I drop them offer in the cherno/elektro super markets. So you can look there to pick some up.

Guest Mike Golf

Remember the radios are short range and only work at a MAXIMUM of 1 kilometer, if there are large natural blockades (hills, mountains, etcetera) or in a built up residential city then they wouldn't work to that extent.

Remember the radios are short range and only work at a MAXIMUM of 1 kilometer, if there are large natural blockades (hills, mountains, etcetera) or in a built up residential city then they wouldn't work to that extent.

I took that into consideration and have been broadcasting on the top of the tower at green mountain.

• 4 weeks later...