Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:14

Everything wrong with DayZ RP

Guest gamingseantv

Guest gamingseantv

I have played DayZ RP for almost half a year now and i have come across many different things that i have disliked or could be better over my time playing.

People want to get other people banned: Every clan i have been in %50 of the people try to bait people to get them banned. Although some incidents do need reporting, there are many these days that shouldn't of been. The community is great but sometimes people just need to stop being bitchy.

Clans get declined for the wrong reasons: There are many clans that have been declined because it might just be a little unrealistic in the RP scene. I'm all up for realism but sometimes its just to far, weird and funny clans would make the game more interesting and fun to play.

Clans don't get accepted/declined quick enough: I have only come across this problem recently when my friend made a clan made a clan called the "Mujahideen". it has been about 2 weeks now and still the clan hasn't been accepted/declined. the process seems to be taking too long. (however i do take into account that the admins can be very busy)

Bad accents: If your crap at accents, don't do one. Simple!

False reports: People seem to report anything these days, as I am scanning across the report section about a 3/10 of them shouldn't of been reported. Like i said at first people just seem to report anything. They should just sort it out between themselves and save the admins a load of time.

These comments are not to be flaming at anyone, its just to get my opinion across.I would love to hear what you dislike about DayZ RP in the reply section below.

Okey?

I get the OOC hate, and there is a thread about that.

Bad Accent, If an american wants to play a Japanese, so be it, who am i to judge, if he is enjoying it.

clans need patience to get it right, no need for shitty clans which will die in a week after pissing X amount of people off (not speaking about anyone directly)

So i don't see why it is a problem.

And as this is RP, why should there be unrealistic groups around, someone is doing serious RP when a clan goes to him pretending there are midgets who are chasing him for his lucky charms.. It would be funny for that clan but not to anyone else.

• Diamond

No one's forcing you to play you know, and that's alot coming form just six months, been year, sticked around even of the above reasons. IT's a graet community

Not much really, one thing that kinda bugs me is that when you get robbed they always say "drop your weapon AND backback", I mean, how about "drop your weapon" and then maybe RP about the backpack some? sometimes bandits don't even take them and it just feels sorta like "griefing" to the other player.

Other then that I kinda agree with the reports, a lot of them should be handled in private with the people involved, an apology should suffice in most instances if they understand that they've done wrong, but if everything is said and done and they still can't reach an mature agreement they could make an report.

As I see it, reports should be absolutely the last option.

But I do love DayZRP and theres nothing that really bugs me all that much.

• Sapphire

Once a again, people get butthurt

Guest John Le Bear

I have played DayZ RP for almost half a year now and i have come across many different things that i have disliked or could be better over my time playing.

People want to get other people banned: Every clan i have been in %50 of the people try to bait people to get them banned. Although some incidents do need reporting, there are many these days that shouldn't of been. The community is great but sometimes people just need to stop being bitchy.

This I can relate too. I have played with many people and witnessed many people try and get others banned for silly reasons.

However sometimes reports are made for silly reasons and the person who made it is just looking for the accused PoV and an apology. Most the time the person who makes the report receives no apology from the accused, the accused hardly ever even accepts that they were in the wrong. Thus causing the person who made the report to go formal, causing a ban for a silly reason that was not needed, yet the accused still failed to apologize .

Clans get declined for the wrong reasons: There are many clans that have been declined because it might just be a little unrealistic in the RP scene. I'm all up for realism but sometimes its just to far, weird and funny clans would make the game more interesting and fun to play.

I must disagree here. All the current clans that have been declined had good reason to be declined. Most are just silly, unrealistic and just dont make sense. There are a few examples, however I do not wish to offend anyone by using them.

Just remember if a clan gets declined then there is something seriously wrong with it. It is not hard to construct a clan that will be accepted, all it takes is time, effort and logical thinking.

Clans don't get accepted/declined quick enough: I have only come across this problem recently when my friend made a clan made a clan called the "Mujahideen". it has been about 2 weeks now and still the clan hasn't been accepted/declined. the process seems to be taking too long. (however i do take into account that the admins can be very busy)

This I also find irritating as I have seen too many clans sit in the ideas section. I think a solution would be to asign the approval process over to some senior game masters to improve the speed.

It cant be nice to have a clan in the ideas and wait for a couple weeks only to find you have been declined (hasn't happened yet (?) but I can see it happening). Things just need to become more efficient.

Bad accents: If your crap at accents, don't do one. Simple!

Nope. Its the effort that counts, not the skills. I have no problem with bad accents (as long as I can understand them still). Accents (bad and good) increase the games immersion for me and many others.

False reports: People seem to report anything these days, as I am scanning across the report section about a 3/10 of them shouldn't of been reported. Like i said at first people just seem to report anything. They should just sort it out between themselves and save the admins a load of time.

I see false reports in the discussion section, however that is no problem as no bans will be issued there. It is just an area for people to find out if someone has broken the rules and why they did it.

As for formal reports, I almost never see false reports, the new system filters them quite well. If someone does make a false report formal then they will be punished for it, so there is no problems here.

These comments are not to be flaming at anyone, its just to get my opinion across.I would love to hear what you dislike about DayZ RP in the reply section below.

• MVP

Your title is a bit misleading. I was expecting some rant about some personal issue that has caused you to despise DayZRP forever. :P

As with everything and everyone, there are also things wrong with DayZRP. And since you asked...

The lack of responsibility of a lot of community members. That is something that really annoys me. When they do something wrong they always find someone to blame, a scapegoat. Often this is staff, and maybe it is because I have been in staff that this annoys me so greatly, but when you've been here for over a year you've seen it all.

The following is directed at no one in particular.

Seriously, take some goddamn responsibility. Don't blame others for your actions. Stop justifying them with idiotic excuses. If you would believe some people it is NEVER their fault. When they do admit to being wrong they continue their sentence with ", but". No but. Stop butting. For the love of god, please, for ONCE in your life admit that you are in the wrong.

That's what causes all these flamewars and pissing contests. So-called "subtle" flamebait in threads, always trying to annoy the other, never willing to admit that

YOU.

ARE.

WRONG.

Thanks for listening.

• MVP

Your title is a bit misleading. I was expecting some rant about some personal issue that has caused you to despise DayZRP forever. :P

As with everything and everyone, there are also things wrong with DayZRP. And since you asked...

The lack of responsibility of a lot of community members. That is something that really annoys me. When they do something wrong they always find someone to blame, a scapegoat. Often this is staff, and maybe it is because I have been in staff that this annoys me so greatly, but when you've been here for over a year you've seen it all.

Seriously, take some goddamn responsibility. Don't blame others for your actions. Stop justifying them with idiotic excuses. If you would believe some people it is NEVER their fault. When they do admit to being wrong they continue their sentence with ", but". No but. Stop butting. For the love of god, please, for ONCE in your life admit that you are in the wrong.

That's what causes all these flamewars and pissing contests. So-called "subtle" flamebait in threads, always trying to annoy the other, never willing to admit that

YOU.

ARE.

WRONG.

Thanks for listening.

I cannot even begin to explain how much this opinion mirrors my own. Well put, Gijs.

Sometimes we have community members that truly behave like they are 5 years old slinging sand towards each other while going "waaaaaah he did it!" "waaaaaah no he did it!".

I dont necessarily agree that this is worse then before though. I dont think there's been any clear degradation of the community over time, and I often found such statement to be based on nostalgic thinking that "It was better in the good ol' days", when it actually wasnt. At least imo.

• MVP

YOU.

ARE.

WRONG.

Thanks for listening.

I was told you aren't meant to just quote other peoples post but this deserves it.

100% correct.

• Emerald

Well, I have to disagree with you on many things for a start.

First off: Reports

Right, I have been involved with two reports - mainly RP Epoch when that was on while DayZRP was being fixed, first off was for sabotage without a valid RP reason, the second was for a group of survivors stealing our plot pole - our cause was just to get compensation and acknowledgement that a player would step forward and confess - none did - it's still a thing that gets on my nerves even to this day, the fact that they got away with it in the first place makes me slightly angry. If we had more evidence on who it was- we would've pushed formal and got the person potentially banned for exploiting game mechanics and sabotage without a valid RP reason. Yes, people get banned for stupid reasons sometimes - but they are punished at the admins discression and whatever they think is a valid punishment - and I wouldn't dare argue against them on a punishment that they deemed sufficient for the offending party to receive - be it temp ban or perma ban - either way, I don't care who does and who doesn't, but the fact that they do is enough for me to see the sense in the case that got them banned in the first place.

Secondly, clans denied for wrong reasons: Yes, I know - I've been in a clan idea for a few months now - we got denied first time and are still attempting to make our thread better and get members back as we lost a few after being denied for varying reasons. Two weeks is little compared to having to build up a clan from the ground up in more than two months to be denied - but it is at the admin's choice to have realistic looking clans enter the game world - and not have things like 'Super Clans' running about like the Council on event days - it's a long and difficult process to achieve to get your clan accepted but is insurmountable when you succeed. And also I would prefer the Admins to fix game issues, glitches, exploits, and reports than have them waste too much time on accepting/denying clans.

Thirdly, 'bad' accents: Yes I know some people do have generically bad accents that in some cases impede RP - but I would prefer some people to try and play as different characters and add a unique character to the world as opposed to the thousandth American civilian or whatever, I would prefer people to at least attempt at an accent.

Fourthly and finally, False reports: Yes there are a few false reports made potentially out of rage or whatever, but if false reports are made then the accuser will be punished for potentially bullying, harassing or downright shitposting just over another player for some stupid personal vendetta they had in game or out of character, and would likely result in a fair and justified punishment given by the admins and GM's to the offending party.

Overall, I find DayZRP a unique DayZ experience - sure there are the few hiccups here and there - but the general immersive feel to a living, breathing world, like writing a book where you are a character - uniquely influencing the story in your own way into satisfying conclusions, devastating plot twists and downright confusion in some scenes, and even unique new stories opening up into another section of the great book that governs DayZRP.

Regards,

The Rifleman

Guest ArcticStarling

Take it from me man, if a clan doesn't fit then why should it be there ? BMM got dunked and looking back, it was a bit silly. Nothing you can do.

• Emerald

Dayz is the only game I play. I Love dayz this much. I play no differently on a regular server than I do on this one. However the two are very different and that is for very good reasons.

1. We are whitelist and password protected. But that only keeps out ghosters pvpers and tourists.

2.the rules, enforced with possible removal from the server. Because lets face it, these are good rules and the only thing that keeps them in place is that anyone breaking they can be ban-hammered. Even gijs if he kosed the masses. Ive said it before...the rules protect the roleplay.

3. Dayzrp assets. Lets face it everything the mod team does adds flavor without completely striping away the vanilla feel. I like it and I cant wait until we get more hunting rifles and shotguns. Also the skins are nice too. Helps to keep a stable wardrobe.

4.staff. they work hard to make everyone happy and making sure that this nice thing we have here keeps moving forward. Next time you enjoy the game, thank a staff member, or even better--the founder and owner. Rolle.

5.the community. The basic player is what makes all of this possible. Beleive me when I say we could do this on vanilla without whitelist. We the players make of the game what we want. We choose how to play and make everything possible.

I love this server. Its what dayz was meant to be. Since ive got here ive never looked back. There are things that can be better, but everything can be worse. We need to remember: everytime a staff member is interrupted while working, thats one thing they wont complete that day. Although to be honest, they deserve down time too. So dont bother them for too long if you dont need to.

Guest gamingseantv

If its too stupid then that's fair to not accept them, but it would be much better if there was a bigger variety of clans. Also whenever i see a good role play clan (ie: russian clan)most of them cant even put on a Russian accent anyway, therefore their role play is very bad.

• MVP

Lets all just agree with Gijs response and that's the end of it.

• Sapphire

YOU.

ARE.

WRONG.

Thanks for listening.

This, people do so many things... And then try to point to the rules, and try to bend the words so that things work in their favor. If it seems like it might be wrong, it is. PERIOD. People don't get that, I see a lot of baiting being done to try to get people to retaliate, or initiate in some fasion... Example, "Quit dragging all of those zombies towards the camp or we will be force to fire upon you..."

BAM! Individual takes that as a threat and buddies in the wood line open fire on everyone. Just an example.

Yes there are things wrong, but its the people that do them and try to take advantage of game mechanics or bend the rules to the absolute breaking point.

The majority of the community is good, and that is why I have stayed here for over a year.

I agree on the reports and baiting, somehow I got the feeling there is a lot of OCC hate - revenge baiting. People intentionally provoke people and all that because of some OCC hate going on or something like that. Maybe I just got it wrong but I dunno, it seems that way.

Guest Jackalow

I ABSOLUTLEY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOUR SAYING HERE MY SUNSHINE!

That's your thing, eh, caps-lock?

Aye. What's wrong with that?
  • Emerald

Because lets face it, these are good rules and the only thing that keeps them in place is that anyone breaking they can be ban-hammered. Even gijs if he kosed the masses.

I should totally try that.

you were the most well known person on the thread. nothing personal. >;-)

• Emerald

Lets all just agree with Gijs response and that's the end of it.

Yeah, sounds good.

• Community Manager

I salute you for KoS rage quitting. We don't need people like you in the community.

Closing.